UFC VS. NFL IN REAL STREET FIGHT?

notsojollyroger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I can understand Woodley is not just a fighter but a representitive of the sport so he has to say he'd (probably) win or at least stand a chance...But, come on, there's a 175lbs difference between these two. That's what I weigh!

I have to go with fighter.

Unless the NFL player also has LEET fighting skills.

There's a 175 lbs difference between Woodley and NFL.

You learn something new every day.

UFC guys will FUCK THEM UP. I think soccer players and basketball players will stand a better chance than NFL players.

NFL is not an endurance sport. It is shorts bursts of power, followed by long breaks. If you survive that initial burst, the NFL player will gas out his lungs.

This all depends on the level of fight training all of these athletes have. I will rate the determining factors as follows (1) Cardiopulmonary endurance (2) Fighting skills and (3) Athletic talent.

Aaron Donald would destroy a lot UFC fighter with zero training. Obviously not everybody, but a lot.

Would need more specific details but I would pick the trained fighters in most situations.

Main factor- mentality of handling the stress of fighting, not hesitating to throw punches, accuracy of strikes, reacting to strikes being thrown at you.

Last edited:

I can understand Woodley is not just a fighter but a representitive of the sport so he has to say he'd (probably) win or at least stand a chance...But, come on, there's a 175lbs difference between these two. That's what I weigh!

Will they play football or fight? That's your answer. You are welcome.

I just feel like the football player would quickly tackle him and punch his face in.

I think it would really depend, a street fight is not like a sanctioned UFC fight. It's like saying boxer vs grappler - in the cage? Maybe the grappler. In the streets? Boxer all the way.

I think it would really depend, a street fight is not like a sanctioned UFC fight. It's like saying boxer vs grappler - in the cage? Maybe the grappler. In the streets? Boxer all the way.

Event UFC fighter would destroy a boxer of similar weight in a street fight. What are you talking about.

I just feel like the football player would quickly tackle him and punch his face in.

I hope you're joking. If it was that effective, people would be spamming it in the UFC. You don't just run at a professional fighter and try to tackle them. They'll see it coming and just move out of the way or you could run into a knee to the face.

I hope you're joking. If it was that effective, people would be spamming it in the UFC. You don't just run at a professional fighter and try to tackle them. They'll see it coming and just move out of the way or you could run into a knee to the face.
Skilled fighter or not, you do not want to be grabbed by an a-level athlete that is almost double your weight. If they were closer in size, the NFL player would get creamed everytime.

Last edited:
Back