UFC unpopular but extremely valid opinions

List yours in the comments. I’ll go first:

- Jon Jones is the GOAT whether you like it or not. Everyone but Daniel Cormier and sherdoggers know this.
He is the only guy to pop multiple times in a fully tested org and fought most of his career under an org with no PEDs. He is disqualified.
- Dana White is the best fight promoter ever.
He has never been able to create stars that succeed after a loss like Pride was able to.
- Fans being obsessed with fighters’ pay is the silliest thing ever. That’s why fighters hire agents. If the fighter is ok with the compensation, the agent is ok with the compensation. Who are you to say it is not enough? Let agents worry about pay.
I agree. Fighting more, gets you more pay. Just fight more often and you will earn more.
- USADA leaving doesn’t mean the UFC will be a free for all with PED, USADA isn’t the only anti cheating governing body on the planet, stop acting like it is.
They need to come out and say what their policy is going to be. Having an independent body is the way to go either way and i somplicate by being pne of the few sports with international athletes and competing in various countries.
- If you stream pirated PPVs you kinda suck at life. What entitles you to someone else’s work and production? (By the way I do this from time to time but doesn’t change the fact).
I only stream crap cards. Give me a stacked PPV (tomorrows card) and I will pay happily.

I'm not one of them. I'm not their manager or accountant, and certainly not going to cry for guys who make more than most people and work less often.
Exactly! A common sense post.
That is a blessing around here.

I don't understand how people somehow think that fighters that fight in the octagon were kidnapped against their will and locked into a cage like the Roman Coliseum days.
It's their friggin dream to fight under the UFC banner but social justice warriors decided to fight against "the man" and are upset that the fighters dream actually came true.
Super weird battle to fight against lol

behind GSP and Fedor
<Fedor23>
scaring-scared.gif

There's no such thing as weight bullies or reach bullies. If you can make the weight and fight effectively then you're not too big for the weight class. Every fighter has a different set of attributes to bring to the fight. Some guys are really good at cutting weight or blessed with Go Go Gadget reach just like some guys are naturally faster or stronger or punch harder or have a better chin or have prime BJ level superhuman flexibility. It's up to the fighter to develop a style that best maximizes his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses.
good at cutting weight is now an athletic skill yay great

Exactly! A common sense post.
That is a blessing around here.

I don't understand how people somehow think that fighters that fight in the octagon were kidnapped against their will and locked into a cage like the Roman Coliseum days.
It's their friggin dream to fight under the UFC banner but social justice warriors decided to fight against "the man" and are upset that the fighters dream actually came true.
Super weird battle to fight against lol
people complain about fighter pay because it hurts the sport in many aspect, not because they want the fighter to drive nice cars or are too much involved in fighters lives
we've seen good fighters and prospect retire because they're is no money in the sport, or maybe missed out on good talent because of this and athletes choosing another sport
the best HW on the planet decided to leave the ufc because of this ffs
also they're still guys in the ufc who have another job on the side, don't you think it hurt the quality of their training and hurt their potential and thus impacting the fans as well since those huus aren't at the best level they could be with oprimal training

people complain about fighter pay because it hurts the sport in many aspect, not because they want the fighter to drive nice cars or are too much involved in fighters lives
we've seen good fighters and prospect retire because they're is no money in the sport, or maybe missed out on good talent because of this and athletes choosing another sport
the best HW on the planet decided to leave the ufc because of this ffs
also they're still guys in the ufc who have another job on the side, don't you think it hurt the quality of their training and hurt their potential and thus impacting the fans as well since those huus aren't at the best level they could be with oprimal training
He's one of the thickest people around here. Him heralding "common sense posts" is like taking seriously the third grader who said this is the best substitute teacher in his school.
RNcYy-1660076291-17450-list_items-4_-_tv_cart_-_school_specialty.jpg

Last edited:
No rematches for dethroned champions, even if they are an undefeated GOAT with 12 title defenses who got KO'd in the final five seconds of a fight they were dominating. They go back into the queue with the rest of the contenders and work their way back up. Only exception is if there is some legitimate controversy like blatant fouls affecting the course of the fight, a contentious Split Decision, etc.

There's no such thing as weight bullies or reach bullies. If you can make the weight and fight effectively then you're not too big for the weight class. Every fighter has a different set of attributes to bring to the fight. Some guys are really good at cutting weight or blessed with Go Go Gadget reach just like some guys are naturally faster or stronger or punch harder or have a better chin or have prime BJ level superhuman flexibility. It's up to the fighter to develop a style that best maximizes his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses.

Been saying this for years. Half the time the label gets tossed at any fighter who happens to be tall relative to their peers in a weight class (regardless of their actual build), have a style oriented toward heavy top pressure, or just based on where they're from. Even if they do cut large amounts of weight, so what? If they're making the limit they're making the limit.

Like you said, every fighter has their own personal physical strengths and weaknesses. I'd be on-board with calling people weight bullies as soon as people start calling Jon Jones a "reach bully", Max Holloway a "chin & cardio bully", Lewis a "power bully", or Volkanovski a "low center of gravity bully" lmao. It's absurd. And what's even funnier is that a lot of these traits: durability, reach, power, cardio, etc. are inherent/genetic to a degree and they also don't bring significant drawbacks (unless you rely too much on your chin long-term of course). Meanwhile, cutting large amounts of weight requires a good team and a level of commitment to dial it in, exposes you to a lot of health risks in the short and long term, potentially wrecks your cardio, and makes you more susceptible to concussive damage inside the cage.

I don't like weight-cutting as an institution and I wish the sport could do away with it or move towards a system where fighters are compelled to fight closer to their natural weight somehow, whether that be through hydration tests, same-day weigh-ins, CSAC-style weight comparisons, or some combination thereof... but as it stands with the current system in place I think it's funny that we all pretty much acknowledge that fighters have to cut some amount of weight to be competitive yet we have this arbitrary limit in our brain where XYZ amount is too much and the fighter is now "cheating" even though they make weight every time.

As someone watching from the US, what advertising value do yo think you hold to an advertiser outside of the USA?
You’re trying to rationalize and justify doing something you know to be wrong.

For may years in many countries the only way to see a UFC PPV was to buy the PPV and wish everything worked because the network didn't give a shit about the county you live in.

I streamed from Spain for years because of that reason, once we had some sport streaming services we had more access and its less excusable but old habits die hard lol.

Back