UFC unpopular but extremely valid opinions

Freddie83

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
List yours in the comments. I’ll go first:

- Jon Jones is the GOAT whether you like it or not. Everyone but Daniel Cormier and sherdoggers know this.

- Dana White is the best fight promoter ever.

- Fans being obsessed with fighters’ pay is the silliest thing ever. That’s why fighters hire agents. If the fighter is ok with the compensation, the agent is ok with the compensation. Who are you to say it is not enough? Let agents worry about pay.

- USADA leaving doesn’t mean the UFC will be a free for all with PED, USADA isn’t the only anti cheating governing body on the planet, stop acting like it is.

- If you stream pirated PPVs you kinda suck at life. What entitles you to someone else’s work and production? (By the way I do this from time to time but doesn’t change the fact).

1) Cutting weight is actually counterproductive to fighting MMA and growing the sport. Fighters have become so consumed by weight management they do not progress as much with skills and Innovation ,because 80% of camp time is spent on getting their weight down to water cut levels , leaving only 20% for overall skill development and the creation of new techniques and links between styles.

2A) The UFC is gunna have the NFL,NBA level drug testing in other words free for all , with the occasional pop for someone who absolutely goes retarded with it and its easy to spot from a mile away , people need to stop thinking this isnt whats gunna happen
CIWtTJTXAAErUvo.jpg

2B)PEDs should carry a sport wide ban in all combat sports MMA included ....your striking and grappling another human being , literally punching and kicking them to the head, if your an enhanced human this should not be allowed as your stronger and faster then naturally possible and therefore it is more dangerous.

3)Combat Sport Athletes should have an Association , not to be confused with a union , this Association will help with conditions and rules fighters face across sports and some actions towards contracts, as well as perhaps providing some kind of medical and retirement career care options for fighters that the fighters themselves pay into over time and is shared amongst them , this is also an association to act legally on the behalf on fighters against promotions, commission, referees and judges in the event something unfortunate happens. This association can include boxers,kickboxers, Muay thai fighters and MMA fighters etc. Fighter included in the association will only fight for promotions who accept to do business with the World Fighters Association ( WFA) or name TBD

4) combat sports is the only sports i watch with consistency.. i can not probably name anyone in NBA, MLB or NFL ...NHL abit...i am Canadian after all ..but Combat Sports is sports for me ...nothing else lol

Fine until the last one. It's not sneaking into the arena or taking a finite number of seats, it's a broadcast, but for some reason they decided "if you live in this country, we'll just put it on TV, but you live in this country, that'll be $80 please". It's not illegal to not pay for it if you live in certain countries, or watch it at a sports bar, but it is if you do the same thing on your phone or computer?

The streams are rarely straight through broadcasts like a PPV, they're mostly ones that still have commercials, so the source of revenue they get from advertising still applies to you.

List yours in the comments. I’ll go first:

- Jon Jones is the GOAT whether you like it or not. Everyone but Daniel Cormier and sherdoggers know this.

- Dana White is the best fight promoter ever.

- Fans being obsessed with fighters’ pay is the silliest thing ever. That’s why fighters hire agents. If the fighter is ok with the compensation, the agent is ok with the compensation. Who are you to say it is not enough? Let agents worry about pay.

- USADA leaving doesn’t mean the UFC will be a free for all with PED, USADA isn’t the only anti cheating governing body on the planet, stop acting like it is.

- If you stream pirated PPVs you kinda suck at life. What entitles you to someone else’s work and production? (By the way I do this from time to time but doesn’t change the fact).

Remarkable, I disagree with just about everything you said. I don’t stream myself but I completely understand people doing it, even.

Dana White created a tasty product after Zuffa took off. UFC was truly great and fun between 2002 and 2012, but last 10 years have been terrible (especially the last 5-7) and the product is saturated and boring. It ruins White's legacy badly.

Fine until the last one. It's not sneaking into the arena or taking a finite number of seats, it's a broadcast, but for some reason they decided "if you live in this country, we'll just put it on TV, but you live in this country, that'll be $80 please". It's not illegal to not pay for it if you live in certain countries, or watch it at a sports bar, but it is if you do the same thing on your phone or computer?

The streams are rarely straight through broadcasts like a PPV, they're mostly ones that still have commercials, so the source of revenue they get from advertising still applies to you.

As someone watching from the US, what advertising value do yo think you hold to an advertiser outside of the USA?
You’re trying to rationalize and justify doing something you know to be wrong.

Dana White created a tasty product after Zuffa took off. UFC was truly great and fun between 2002 and 2012, but last 10 years have been terrible (especially the last 5-7) and the product is saturated and boring. It ruins White's legacy badly.

Very good assessment but I think in order for the sport to grow to mainstream media they had to take this path. You can’t deny the UFC is currently the biggest it has ever been.

Dana’s job should always be to grow the sport and create more opportunities for fighters.

Back