UFC to hold payment of 'fight-night' bonuses until after return of drug tests

Wow i have to say this is the first time I would have to agree with the way the UFC does business.

I'm sorry but I laughed when I read your post out loud. Yes, marijuana is something a fighter would take before a fight to gain a competitive edge, and it's not in their system because marijuana lasts for a long time in your system. It's not like these fighters smoked days if not weeks or more before the fight due to stress or like you said, pain relief from training and it still wasn't cleansed from their system.

You act like that's the only effect marijuana has, and that it wouldn't slow a fighter down. Who the fuck wants to go exercise after smoking or eating weed? I know the average stoner doesn't, and it wouldn't help anyone doing anything laborious. It's definitely not beneficial coming from personal experience.

Now that I think of it, I remember being ripped with a friend walking around in a shitty neighbourhood, and the last thing both of was wanted was to get into a fight, and we were probably looking for trouble before that.

All you non-stoners have no business discussing the effects of something you know nothing about.

The experiences are different for everybody. It can range from stimulatory to sedative. In the end it's relatively harmless and has no business being a banned substance.

I still think getting a NC for marijuana is stupid. You can't tell me it's a PED with a straight face.

What if it relaxes you, and prevents adrenaline dumps giving you an advantage? What if it relaxes you so that when you are in bad situations you stay calm and relaxed preventing you from making mistakes your opponent can capitalize on?

It's illegal, you can not tell me there is 100% no benefit from it. It's simple, don't do it.

Good. It's bullshit for a guy to get extra cash to hold him over during his suspension.

What if it relaxes you, and prevents adrenaline dumps giving you an advantage? What if it relaxes you so that when you are in bad situations you stay calm and relaxed preventing you from making mistakes your opponent can capitalize on?

It's illegal, you can not tell me there is 100% no benefit from it. It's simple, don't do it.

Dude, jerking off in public is illegal too but there ain't no benefit from it. But you're right, he cannot tell you "there is 100% no benefit from it" because that would be redundant. "No" benefit = 100%. Maybe you were sick the day that was taught in both your math and English class.

the UFC can't stop roids, they are just too good. There will always be new ways to cheat. This is just a way to take advantage of the dumb ones (who have been shown to be a large number lately)

Are fighters fined for testing positive to illegal stuff?

It's amazes me how even a cyclist will dope if it can win him a Tour de France or seven. Anyway, I think this makes the risk of being caught that much more costly for fighters that do not make that much money to fight. FOTN can turn $20,000 into $95,000 quickly. However, how will guys that make $100,000+ to fight look at that risk?

It's amazes me how even a cyclist will dope if it can win him a Tour de France or seven. Anyway, I think this makes the risk of being caught that much more costly for fighters that do not make that much money to fight. FOTN can turn $20,000 into $95,000 quickly. However, how will guys that make $100,000+ to fight look at that risk?

They will look at it as

"I make $100,000 per fight, and I could get suspended for the entire year and not make anything. I could also lose my sponsorships, and severely threaten my standing in the company"

It calms your nerves

Done
Argument over
I win

It's actually pretty well known that it causes anxiety and paranoia.

Which is the exact opposite of what you suggest. Even if it DID "calm your nerves", that's not performance enhancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back