UFC to hold payment of 'fight-night' bonuses until after return of drug tests

When has the UFC independent testing ever caught someone? Every UFC fighter that has been busted has been busted by SAC.

You think with all the injuries the UFC already had in 2012, they would be willing to take fighters off cards for catching them independently and telling the SACs? lol.

palhares and beltran were both busted by the UFC's random testing, in Australia...so much for your theory:rolleyes:

I'll give it a go:

marijuana has pain relieving/pain inhibiting properties. That's the whole "medical marijuana" scam that several states are using to allow marijuana sales. The argument that for many kinds of pain marijuana is a superior pain reliever, and in some cases the only functional pain reliever.

Can you think of any "performance enhancing" properties of taking a pain reliever that is significantly superior to any kind of over-the-counter pain reliever? Train harder, train longer, take more punishment than you could if you were not taking that pain reliever.

It isn't just banned because the fuzz is trying to harsh Nick's mellow.

There's much more effects than just pain relief, but I'll touch on this a bit.

Have you ever taken a pain reliever? Do you know the effects of "superior pain relievers"?

Let's list some:

According to the American Chronic Pain Association, common side effects include: constipation, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, thought and memory impairment, and slowed reaction time.

Seems quite performance enhancing doesn't it? Especially for fighting. Now that's just for pain relievers.

Let's look at marijuana alone:

What are the effects of marijuana on performance?

Impairs skills requiring eye-hand coordination and a fast reaction time
Reduces motor coordination, tracking ability and perceptual accuracy
Impairs concentration, and time appears to move more slowly
Skill impairment may last up to 24 to 36 hours after usage
Reduces maximal exercise capacity resulting in increased fatiguability
Marijuana has no performance-enhancing potential.

http://espn.go.com/special/s/drugsandsports/mari.html

I think you fucking fail, kids.

Dude, jerking off in public is illegal too but there ain't no benefit from it. But you're right, he cannot tell you "there is 100% no benefit from it" because that would be redundant. "No" benefit = 100%. Maybe you were sick the day that was taught in both your math and English class.

well you have obviously never jerked of in public then because the experience is tremendous.

well you have obviously never jerked of in public then because the experience is tremendous.

Hahaha. Very nice.

So, I think it's a good idea to hold these bonusses until after the return of the test. Seems fair and appropriate, especially with steroids usage in my opinion.

The whole marijuana debate will linger on forever I suppose ;p I don't see it as an performance enhancing drug when it comes to the task of fighting itself. It does have benefits too in certain areas, but when it comes to professional fighting I don't see the benefit of being a full time smoker.

I agree. They should be sued for return of any other payments as well.

Makes sense to me. No need to sully the bonuses or continue to reward illegal behavior.

When has the UFC independent testing ever caught someone? Every UFC fighter that has been busted has been busted by SAC.

You think with all the injuries the UFC already had in 2012, they would be willing to take fighters off cards for catching them independently and telling the SACs? lol.

You have owned yourself.

In before the guys who will say this is just the UFC trying to pay the fighters less money.

I doubt it's for that , heck they gice the win bonus to fighter even when they lose if Dana think that judge decision is BS (Kudos to them for that) .

Makes sense. You shouldn't get a bonus if you are a fuck up.

Makes sense, although it kinda stinks for the guys who are clean.

So in a way, UFC is just avoiding having to pay money directly to the athletic commission: if a given fighter is fined a part of his bonus money, then UFC would have given their money to the commission. By waiting to see the test results, they are ensuring that it is the fighter who gets paid, and not Keith Kizer.

It's actually pretty well known that it causes anxiety and paranoia.

Which is the exact opposite of what you suggest. Even if it DID "calm your nerves", that's not performance enhancing.

Yet Diaz says he takes it for social anxiety. I think it depends on the person, some it relaxes other it makes paranoid.

Either way it's against the rules, everyone knows it's against the rules so don't smoke it if you want to fight for a living.

So in a way, UFC is just avoiding having to pay money directly to the athletic commission: if a given fighter is fined a part of his bonus money, then UFC would have given their money to the commission. By waiting to see the test results, they are ensuring that it is the fighter who gets paid, and not Keith Kizer.

The commission get the money the fighter is not getting ?
If that's true , that's horrible , it should go to some charity at least .

Back