UFC to hold payment of 'fight-night' bonuses until after return of drug tests

It's their money, they can do whatever they fuck they want with it.

In before the guys who will say this is just the UFC trying to pay the fighters less money.

Do the fighters still get paid for the fight if they fail drug test?

This is an interesting way to "motivate" fighters to not use banned substances indeed.

I was actually wondering the other day if they took the money back when the fighter tests positive.

Sucks for the clean guys to have to wait for their checks, but loooool to the juicers.

Damn good idea....I think Dana may have finally found a way to get those who stray off the path.....back on!!

It's a good idea.

Doesn't really deter the big stars from doing it though.

if a fighter fails, will the bonus go to someone else?

Do the fighters still get paid for the fight if they fail drug test?
Yes, but they get fined. Personally, I think they should be fined more than guys who fail to make the weight; as much as twice as much (40% of their purse and 40% of their win bonus).
This is an interesting way to "motivate" fighters to not use banned substances indeed.
Agreed, but I think giving guys a contract that says if they accept this money, it can be taken away if they took a banned substance would suffice.
This might work if the UFC's drug testing didn't absolutely suck.
The UFC's independent testing catches a heck of a lot more fighters than the various state athletic commissions do.

Also, unlike the bulk of Japanese MMA promotions and drug testers, they actually catch people on stuff occasionally. :icon_chee

Back