UFC Sweden 2

Nordicviking

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They said on the pressconference for UFC on FX 6 that UFC will return to Australia in one year. Can we expect this with Sweden too? UFC was here in april 2012. April 2013 would be perfect for Alex, as main event vs some big name.
Do you think this might happen?

Hopefully because that was one of the best audiences I've ever seen.

Hopefully!

It was the best sports event I have visited!

He said they'd definitely be going back in 2013 but I'm not sure if they've got a specific date set up for it. Probably after New Zealand gets an event.

Hopefully! The Swedes gave a very good impression last time, as I knew they would. Denmark would be awesome too. If I am to be completely unrealistic, I'd love to see a card in Norway as well.

I wouldn't rate it as that likely. Ireland has yet to recieve another UFC event despite giving an awesome reception - and there are many other countries to cross off the list.

They may charge a bit more for the tickets considering that they were sold out in two hours.

The tickets were really expensive so i hope not.

Yeah, the tickets in my price range lasted something like 30 minutes last time.
I know this because I was at work, got called out about 2 minutes before they went on sale and when I got back half an hour later they were all gone.

Yes !!
Or Denmark !!

I heard they'll come to Denmark when you guys find a fighter with a chin...

Just kidding. Hope they'll be back in Sweden 2013 though. Is there any chance that it would be with Alex headlining again? Titleshot against JBJ would be a big PPV in the states, so that's out of the question I guess...

Yeah, the tickets in my price range lasted something like 30 minutes last time.
I know this because I was at work, got called out about 2 minutes before they went on sale and when I got back half an hour later they were all gone.

Yeah, I managed to get tickets before they sold out and it was already expensive. When the smaller ticket companys starting to sell it was crazy, 3x the original price.
But man i hope they come next year. It would be perfect for Alex fighting in the spring at home.

I heard they'll come to Denmark when you guys find a fighter with a chin...

Just kidding. Hope they'll be back in Sweden 2013 though. Is there any chance that it would be with Alex headlining again? Titleshot against JBJ would be a big PPV in the states, so that's out of the question I guess...

Alex will most likely take one more fight before a titelfight. In my mind that fight would be perfect in Sweden.

I think ye could be waiting awhile. Iv been waiting for the UFC to return to Ireland since UFC 93, and Dana had said numerous times that they are "definetly " coming back. Still no sign of them coming back at all, even though at the time, Dana said it was the P4P best crowd ever.

Alex will most likely take one more fight before a titelfight. In my mind that fight would be perfect in Sweden.
Gus vs Rashad/Machida? (while Chael suddenly gets "injured" and Hendo fights Jones).

Gary Cook (UFC's new Head of Europe, Middle East and Asia) told the ESPN UK UFC Podcast that there will be at least three, possibly four EU events during 2013- London Wembley Arena has obviously already be announced but I'd imagine Scandinavia has a decent chance of getting one of the other two

Gary Cook (UFC's new Head of Europe, Middle East and Asia) told the ESPN UK UFC Podcast that there will be at least three, possibly four EU events during 2013- London Wembley Arena has obviously already be announced but I'd imagine Scandinavia has a decent chance of getting one of the other two
Germany, UK, France and Scandinavia?

I think ye could be waiting awhile. Iv been waiting for the UFC to return to Ireland since UFC 93, and Dana had said numerous times that they are "definetly " coming back. Still no sign of them coming back at all, even though at the time, Dana said it was the P4P best crowd ever.

Sure, but Dana and everybody else said that the swedish crowd was the P4P best crowd. Educated,loud etc. Did you hear us when Alex walked in? It was CRAZY!

Back