UFC Sweden 2

Gary Cook (UFC's new Head of Europe, Middle East and Asia) told the ESPN UK UFC Podcast that there will be at least three, possibly four EU events during 2013- London Wembley Arena has obviously already be announced but I'd imagine Scandinavia has a decent chance of getting one of the other two

Can you post the link? Thanks.

Can you post the link? Thanks.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/183573.html

This is part of the interview- the whole interview is available on that site and is about 25 minutes long. Does say that the UK is the primary focus in Europe (although it was a UK journalist asking so I guess he would say that) but Cook's role is wider than just the UK so may be of interest to other Europeans.

Yes !!
Or Denmark !!

Have you attended some of the mma events in Denmark? If so, how was the audience? And how many people attended?

I haven't really got much clue as to how big MMA is in Denmark - personally I only know a few people who knows of Martin Kampmann, and it seems as if Ekstra Bladet is the only newspaper to ever mention mma.

As with other repeat cities the ufc visits, it'll more than likely happen in April again.

Imo they should go to Poland or Russia. MMA there is rising fast so it's good moment.

Imo they should go to Poland or Russia. MMA there is rising fast so it's good moment.

I thought I read a report a few weeks ago stating Russia was in the mix for a 2013 event.

I agree w/ Poland being an untapped thriving market, but Dana didn't seem too sure where Poland even was a couple months ago in an interview.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/183573.html

This is part of the interview- the whole interview is available on that site and is about 25 minutes long. Does say that the UK is the primary focus in Europe (although it was a UK journalist asking so I guess he would say that) but Cook's role is wider than just the UK so may be of interest to other Europeans.

Tanks! What minute is it?

I really hope so. I hope that they come to Europe a few times in 2013.

Sure, but Dana and everybody else said that the swedish crowd was the P4P best crowd. Educated,loud etc. Did you hear us when Alex walked in? It was CRAZY!

Dana says that pretty much every time the crowd is excited. I'm not saying the Swedish crowd wasn't good but words like that are always just hype and promotion and should be viewed in that limelight.

Dana says that pretty much every time the crowd is excited. I'm not saying the Swedish crowd wasn't good but words like that are always just hype and promotion and should be viewed in that limelight.

Yeah sure, but i truely believe that we were one of best crowds, if not the best, ever in the UFC.

I thought I read a report a few weeks ago stating Russia was in the mix for a 2013 event.

I agree w/ Poland being an untapped thriving market, but Dana didn't seem too sure where Poland even was a couple months ago in an interview.

Yeah that's unfortunate. East europe is a big market, it's no longer post-communist third world, as many still think.

I heard that in 2013 UFC would be going to Italy...

I dont remember, but when did the UFC announce that they were coming to Sweden? What month that is.

Make it happen please. Fans would swarm from Scandinavia.

Back