UFC Stats: TJ outstruck Sandhagen in the 5th round.

Sanhagen lack of killer instint and heart was disgusting.

Rd 2 was the only easy Cory round.

Rd 1 and 3 easy TJ.

Rd 4 and 5 were both very close. Split 48-47s is a perfect way for the judges to score this.
I agree. 1,2,3 are clear for the guys you mentioned. 4 and 5 are close and debatable. I don’t have an issue with the fight going either way even though I leaned Cory. It was close

People will still given the opportunity always use the stats to strenghten their argument. I personally think they're pretty worthless because what or who determines is a strike significant or not? It's not like the fighters are wearing some kind of suits that track how hard you get punched.
Yup that's right, no one really knows. The next step after stats is the eye test, what strikes look like they did significant impact? In this fight we know it's Cory's strikes.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/214b268e4a92f950

5th round significant strikes: TJ: 40, Sandhagen 38.

Also people need to stop bringing up theweasle video, Dude is clearly biased or isn't showing the whole story. If you rewatch the 5th round you would realize that a lot of those strikes from sandhagen theweasle call "significant" doesn't look anywhere near significant at all in real-time.
A significant strike is just any strike that isn't a jab

I had Cory winning but it isn’t a robbery at all. He was too passive at times, Tj wanted it more. Good scrap anyway, Cory will be back better.

I scored round 5 for TJ. I didn't think Sandhagen was doing damage in round 5. People were giving him extra points for damage caused earlier in the fight.

So the aggression and control was the tie breaker.

Outland =/= outstrike.

Joanna outlanded Rose in the fifth round of the rematch and was using the striking stats to say that she won. But if you actually watch the round, Rose won most of the exchanges, and Joanna's strike total was inflated by a bunch of meaningless shots that she landed when Rose was clinching her on the fence.

Sandy wins that fight under ONE or Pride criteria. Maybe TJ won, but I think that’s more just evidence that the 10-9 system and current criteria is garbage for MMA. This isn’t folk style wrestling.

Back