UFC Stats: TJ outstruck Sandhagen in the 5th round.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/214b268e4a92f950

5th round significant strikes: TJ: 40, Sandhagen 38.

Also people need to stop bringing up theweasle video, Dude is clearly biased or isn't showing the whole story. If you rewatch the 5th round you would realize that a lot of those strikes from sandhagen theweasle call "significant" doesn't look anywhere near significant at all in real-time.

he landed nothing significance in the 5th and Sandhagen mostly kept the fight where he wanted . I had him for 2,4 and 5 . Will definitely re watch though it was a very close fight and a brilliant one at that

It's hard not to be biased when one guys face looks like beef tartare. Tbf, that cut was in the same spot of the cut that made him postpone the first fight date.
That said I do think Sandhagen landed the better strikes. Because of the reach and height differences, many of TJ's strikes hit towards the end of his swings while Sandhagen was able to fully land his.

he landed nothing significance in the 5th and Sandhagen mostly kept the fight where he wanted . I had him for 2,4 and 5 . Will definitely re watch though it was a very close fight and a brilliant one at that
It's so hard to score a close fight live. We're just kinda in the moment.

And if that means something to you then Sandhagen won

It's so hard to score a close fight live. We're just kinda in the moment.
It is especially when your focusing on one fighter too much and not watching the space in the middle which is really easy to do without even noticing . Still stand by Cory winning for now though .

Personally I had Sandhagen winning the 5th and the fight but it's far from the worst robbery of all time.

Stats like that are meaningless.

40-38 does not necessarily mean outstruck.
People will still given the opportunity always use the stats to strenghten their argument. I personally think they're pretty worthless because what or who determines is a strike significant or not? It's not like the fighters are wearing some kind of suits that track how hard you get punched.

Rd 2 was the only easy Cory round.

Rd 1 and 3 easy TJ.

Rd 4 and 5 were both very close. Split 48-47s is a perfect way for the judges to score this.

I'd like to know how r1 is so easy TJ.
Strikes were even and he got his knee popped. Turns out it was his MCL.

Even strikes where one fighter gets a sub and tears the others MCL shouldn't be "EASY" round.

TJ the 4th, Cory the 5th.

Back