UFC on ESPN Does Another Record Rating

It's worth noting that there was no big lead in for this event and they were up against the All-Star game, a WWE PPV and some other sports.

Yesterday was my first time watching a card on ESPN and I gotta say that it felt amazing. It just has a great feel to it and I just hope this energy doesn't fizzle out like it did on Fox. This partnership will def do wonders for the sport.

I would guess April 28 is the date of next big ESPN event. ESPN+ would be next week.

I do not understand why these events need to be on Sundays though..

I actually like Sun cards. Gives me the freedom to enjoy a night out on Sat then wake up on Sun morning excited about a card instead of feeling shitty about Monday coming.

Yesterday was my first time watching a card on ESPN and I gotta say that it felt amazing. It just has a great feel to it and I just hope this energy doesn't fizzle out like it did on Fox. This partnership will def do wonders for the sport.

I don’t think it will because if ratings are good espn will bring more UFC news and commentary to their platform, and the hype will just grow. Fox just wanted a show to fil a slot.

best money I spent on a UFC event.

$0.00

They’re comparing it ESPN Fight night ratings historically, nothing else lol
And they provide no actual ratings.
These aren’t records,
The debuts beat shitty Numbers from 2017, wow
And it’s from ESPNs PR account.
^^^^^Scott Coker^^^^^^^^

I actually like Sun cards. Gives me the freedom to enjoy a night out on Sat then wake up on Sun morning excited about a card instead of feeling shitty about Monday coming.

It's probably fine in the us. For us poor Euro's it's on Monday morning lol.

The worst possible time to have the most disappointing performance of the last several years.

This is why espn+ stuff is STUPID. The channel needed this. Mma fan is sports fan now.

DztueS8W0AEUSuO.jpg:large

everybody is conning everybody!

It's great the ESPN deal worked out. But remember that the UFC canceled 233, and dispite Dana "234 numbers were not bad" lies they didn't release any numbers for it like most ppv buys get put out there and 236 seems likely to not happen either.

It's worth noting that there was no big lead in for this event and they were up against the All-Star game, a WWE PPV and some other sports.

and yet I still feel UFC is losing a huge opportunity of making great cards on ESPN.
They treat as second rated events, and leave all the goodies for PPV...
the problem is that they would get a lot more PPV's if they put better cards for potentially new fans to view.

Greedy UFC always lacked a long term view...

As a ‘hardcore’ fan I did feel a bit let down by the main event. Waited all that time, sat through a wmma fight that was broadcast in slow motion, only to have the main event end in quick fashion under controversial circumstances. Makes me wonder if the casuals were less impressed with what they saw than I was or did they get what they came for. I honestly don’t know...

and yet I still feel UFC is losing a huge opportunity of making great cards on ESPN.
They treat as second rated events, and leave all the goodies for PPV...
the problem is that they would get a lot more PPV's if they put better cards for potentially new fans to view.

Greedy UFC always lacked a long term view...
I agree with you generally, but this card from yesterday was far better than the PPV the week prior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back