• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC on ESPN 58 Perez vs. Taira Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 6/15 at 7pm ET / 4pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
111669-4184901.png

7/11.

Was hoping for better.

Dom saying he targeted the knee, he's also the guy who said Conor was just blocking punches with his face

Dom is right about this one. He’s normally spot on with his X’s and O’s when he’s unbiased.

Normally fighters use the backpack to fall straight backwards. Taira first took the crossgrip before leaning his weight to the opposite side and shifting both their weights on Perez knee.

That’s a man who understands grappling and leverage.

I’m very impressed

Dragged one of my frat bros through the streets of Memphis at 6 AM. He was on acid, thankfully I was not. If I'd turned right coming out of the building instead of left, I might not be posting here tonight. Ended up at the Peabody hotel, still amazed a cop didn't see us to this day since we both surely would've gotten arrested.

Dude jumps in for a selfie, then leaves Taira hanging on the day lmao

Those who say Perez won round 1 (because stats!), are you watching it with Chris Lee per chance?
Wait, people are saying Perez won r1 lol? Tiara dominated that round. The 2nd was closer until the finish, but Tiara was still in complete control.

I thought it was cool lol. Was he intending to blow out perez's knee? no, but the way he was dragging perez to the mat from back control with the laced leg was pretty fucking slick.

On replay, you're right. Looked accidental at first, but with intent after I looked at it closely. Good call.

Wait, people are saying Perez won r1 lol? Tiara dominated that round. The 2nd was closer until the finish, but Tiara was still in complete control.
Yes because stats says he landed more strikes!

Dom is right about this one. He’s normally spot on his X’s and O’s when he’s unbiased.

Normally fighters use the backpack to fall straight backwards. Taira first took the crossgrip before leaning his weight to the opposite side and shifting both their weights on Perez knee.

That’s a man who understands grappling and leverage.

I’m very impressed
Pretty sure the idea in fighting is to hurt the opponent -- sucks, cause it might be a sideline of time off and recovery, but is that not the fuckin idea? To destroy what's put in front of ya?

Call me crazy, but stopping the opposition is the actual goal, right? :)

It's a dirty sport, you're literally in there to hurt each other. Fuck are you crying about.
It's a sport with rules that just adopted new gloves specifically to halt the eye poking epidemic that Taira seemed all too eager to continue. Don;t even get me started on the knee thing.

Back