PBP UFC on ESPN 2: Barboza vs. Gaethje - PBP Discussion - 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT

he went to war with Poirer who is fighting for the interim title, he went to war with Alvarez who was a UFC champion, and just destroyed the gatekeeper of the top LWs worse than anyone else has.

even if you can't see the skill yourself, you have to think there's gotta be something about him that makes him special. nobody just flukes themselves through that many fights putting on the kinds of performances he did vs that kind of opposition without having talent.
I'm not sold on him, all you guys may very well be. Poirier and Alvarez actually shows skills in martial arts. Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling etc.

I didn't say beating Barboza is a fluke but like I said and mentioned many times. All I see in Gaethje is toughness and power. I keep hearing this wrestling and amazing ground game but I guess who needs it when you can just plod forward and power through to win.

no, but I don't spout nonsense on the forums like you do so people can't tell I'm stupid. Durrrrr

I'd beg to differ with those grammar skills.

Trust me, you come across as very fucking stupid.

Last edited:

Erratic and Frankensteinish walk forward pressure, but it works for him. If Barboza had that 1 touch power this conversation would've been different. Barboza more wear you down, Gaethje mow you down...

They've got this game. But if they lose to Kensucky I'll be legit triggered.
I sure hope not. Coming into today I needed EITHER Gonzaga or Purdue to win for me to win my bracket challenge already (only a 5 man). Texas Tech screwed me, now I need the small upset in this one.

I sure hope not. Coming into today I needed EITHER Gonzaga or Purdue to win for me to win my bracket challenge already (only a 5 man). Texas Tech screwed me, now I need the small upset in this one.

A Texas Tech-UVA title game could legit be the most boring ever and set college hoops back at least 70 years. And I'd STILL prefer that over Kensucky getting to the title game.

A Texas Tech-UVA title game could legit be the most boring ever and set college hoops back at least 70 years. And I'd STILL prefer that over Kensucky getting to the title game.

If Purdue loses I'm hoping to seeing Houston vs Texas Tech just because I think it would be funny.

Absurd POTN bonuses:

Gaethje should have gotten the double like Masvidal with Josh Emmett as the other POTN. Who did he piss off?

RDA had won 9 of his previous 10 fights in the UFC, with his one L coming to Khabib prior to his fight against Pettis.

<Goldie11>
Yeah. RDA is a good fighter. So is Alvarez. Eddie Alvarez had won 13 of 15 with wins over Pettis, Melendez, Freire, and Chandler. There isn't much to choose from between these two fighters and given that Eddie starched RDA in their head to head match up, I'd rate Alvarez higher than RDA as an all time LW.

Absurd POTN bonuses:

Gaethje should have gotten the double like Masvidal with Josh Emmett as the other POTN. Who did he piss off?

I get Craig’s finish was amazing but performance of the night is hilarious

Is there a post fight press conference?

Not surprised. Weak chin and bad striking defense.

Gaethje got KTFO by Alvarez, I'm not getting too excited yet.
First, Alvarez is one of the best LW's ever.
Second, that was a back and forth war that ended late in the 3rd by a massive knee. Anybody's lights are going out by the shot Eddie KO'ed Gaethje with.
Third & lastly, anyone can be put to sleep, doesn't mean they can't learn & improve & even win a UFC title.

Last edited:
F*king hate showoffs...
I45Mne6.gif
@Jackonfire did you pick Justin too? I knew he was going to win, he was the one I had most confidence in winning on the entire card

Back