PBP UFC on ESPN 2: Barboza vs. Gaethje - PBP Discussion - 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT

What's up with these Nigerians having good cardio.

You talking about people's bloodline that ran down antelope for food by getting them tired tracking them, antelope be like "f*k this guy still on me" huffing & puffing..?

Last edited:
Pretty sure that will be an option. Decent card overall, and it definitely got better as it went on.

Can i replay it? I only got it last week and didnt have much time monkeying around with it

@Sir Galahad

148df418fe7b747ab40fb5660d217d22.gif

BFF. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

577fc0cb5bc3ceba97591c9c49c015ed.jpg

I'm not sold on him, all you guys may very well be. Poirier and Alvarez actually shows skills in martial arts. Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling etc.

I didn't say beating Barboza is a fluke but like I said and mentioned many times. All I see in Gaethje is toughness and power. I keep hearing this wrestling and amazing ground game but I guess who needs it when you can just plod forward and power through to win.

i didn't mean that you thought his Barboza win was a fluke, i just meant in general, most people who think Justin Gaethje isn't that great think he just wins on power and toughness.

i don't know who said he had an amazing ground game, he has legitimate wrestling credentials but i think you're not taking into account some of the intangibles.

Gaethje has pretty good striking defense, high and tight guard, and has decent head movement while coming forward. he has very good instincts too, and contrary to what a lot of people think, he has a pretty good strategy. destroy the opponent's lead leg early and they will be at a big disadvantage in punching/kicking/and wrestling.

he also knows how to transition from striking to grappling back to striking better than most other MMA fighters. most other MMA fighters either strike, or they grapple. they don't do both at the same time like Gaethje does, and this alone makes him dangerous to anyone in my opinion.

the more i watch MMA, the less i put weight into having extremely good technique and the more weight i put into just having the balls to do what has to be done.

take Woodley vs Usman for example. Woodley is very skillful in striking and wrestling, but what good did that do him? nothing because he didn't do anything. you can have all the skill in the world and not have the balls to pull the trigger, while guys like Gaethje might not be super skillful, but they have the balls to actually USE the skills they do have. that, from my estimation, is a vastly important attribute to have that is often overlooked.

I did! I went 3-3 tonight for the main card. I got Justin, Hermansson and Waterson right. And damn it, I had Michael Johnson and Kennedy Nzechukwu who both blew it in the 3rd, lol.
I got most right for the undercard.
I got most wrong for the main card.
The main card really delivered (even though the philly crowd booed everything that wasn't rockem sockem robots)

Gaethje is the epitome of Just Bleed. He truly is a ride-or-die kind of guy. No guts, no glory. Fantastic KO. Great night of fights. Make Hermannson v Weidman.

Cormier had the worst night of commenting ever. Especially his Herky Jerky comment in the Branch Hermansson fight. Jeez.

Your “facts” are out of context and total bullshit

You either dont actually watch fights and just browse fightfinder or have a shitty selective memory regarding fighters you arent a fan of

Did you watch Alvarez fight last night? I did.

<36>

Off course, he's fun to watch. I just don't see these skills everyone boasts about.

Lmao @ skills. Nah it’s his intangibles that make him successful. Toughness. Durability. Power in his punches. But he’s not a super skilled fighter. But he’s still a hell of a fighter. I give him that much.

Eddie looked awesome last night eh?

<DCWhoa><36>

I'm not sure if you know how to read or not based off of you quoting this post, but... That's the fifth or sixth time you've quoted a post of mine in less than a day without a reply from me.

You're obviously salty and feel like you need to get the last word like a woman. You're definitely rustled and stupid. Good stuff.

I'm not sure if you know how to read or not based off of you quoting this post, but... That's the fifth or sixth time you've quoted a post of mine in less than a day without a reply from me.

You're obviously salty and feel like you need to get the last word like a woman. You're definitely rustled and stupid. Good stuff.

TIMOFEY NASTYUKHIN

{<jordan}

Context mattered then and now. I would post the same gif in relation to your stupidity, but you're so dumb I'm not sure it would resonate with you. It is what it is.

You try way too hard, nerd. All I see is incoherent rambling. It's adorable.

<LucyBless>

Back