• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till

Yea I was talking about antigulov/Craig I guess I can't get out of my head how bad antigulov's cardio has looked. As well as Craig's. I typically like unders when both men have bad cardio, mixed with antigulov's wrestling/sub chops

Matchups are important but I think it's worth mentioning that Antigulov has left round 1 only 3 times in 26 fights, and left round 2 only once. This could surely be a drawn-out wrestling match but with their cardio dumps I wouldn't be surprised to see one get finished with strikes, either.

Ehh outside of the knock down that happened in the first 10 seconds Till really didn't do anything that impressive. Mas was figuring him out by the end of the round and clearly was winning the 2nd before Till got knocked out. He can say he wasn't training hard and make all the excuses in the world, but at 170 Mas wins more times than not vs Till.

And not that it will really matter too much, but Whitaker is much stronger than Till. I don't even think it's debatable. He held his own against Romero and Jacare in the strength and grappling department and I'm certain they would ragdoll Till if that was their gameplan going in. Till barely had the upper hand in the clinches he initiated against Gastelum

He held his own in terms of having decent takedown defense and getting back to his feet. But Till's more likely to just initiate clinches, where I don't see any evidence Whittaker would be the stronger guy. Gastelum has a lot of grappling strength and I thought would get the edge in those positions, but he didn't. Might not mean much, but I'm anticipating Till to look like the bigger dude on fight day too.

Damnit. Trinaldo, Nogueira, Ronson etc. prices are all becoming better. I've done a shit job of predicting line movement this time around I guess. I've at least been patient with Evloev and Bethe so far.

Grundy KO line is weird since it seems like his only path to victory

Movsar has the grappling advantage, Grundy isn't a sub guy, Grundy does have meme KO power, yet his KO line is at 11.0? I'm leaning Movsar, but that feels way off

Antigulov's SUB line is 6.0 while his KO line is 4.33? Am I missing something here? Did Antigulov stop being a submission guy recently?????

Get better mic for god sake. Tim is okay to listen but your audio is so bad. Your accent makes it even harder to understand but it is what it is.
Lmfao at just how bad Americans are at understanding the accents of anyone who doesn't sound out their vowels for 5 seconds a time

I'm a Kiwi and my American friends have the exact same problem, while the British and Canadians have no issue whatsoever

For the record I don't find Gugabe's accent difficult to understand at all, and didn't even before I lived in Australia for 9 months

He sounds just fine. Get your ears checked.
it feels like he is using some bum phone headsets with built in mic you can buy for $4.99. no offence tho just my opinion. Tim is 2x louder with much cleaner audio and it's annoying for me.

He is far more aggressive and constantly looks for the finish. He used to be a decision machine. There has clearly been a change in his style of fighting, which we hadn't seen before the Till fight, which was my point..

What do you consider a "top level" fighter? He is easily top 5 at WW and poses serious problems to anyone who is not able to hug his legs and stomp on his toes for 5 rounds.

Cmon man. When Masvidal beats Colby or Edwards or someone like that, I’ll get into the hype but there are 155ers that would stomp him at this point. He’s cool as shit but the dude will never be champ. He only got that fight because Edwards is boring as fuck, Woodley is shot, and Colby got his jaw broken. That whole division is pretty caca poo poo right now.

If wins over old ass Askren and Nate my face is bleeding after you touch me Diaz are evidence of his new baptisizing finishing nonsense let’s see him do it against someone like McGregor or even Gaethje.

Cmon man. When Masvidal beats Colby or Edwards or someone like that, I’ll get into the hype but there are 155ers that would stomp him at this point. He’s cool as shit but the dude will never be champ. He only got that fight because Edwards is boring as fuck, Woodley is shot, and Colby got his jaw broken. That whole division is pretty caca poo poo right now.

If wins over old ass Askren and Nate my face is bleeding after you touch me Diaz are evidence of his new baptisizing finishing nonsense let’s see him do it against someone like McGregor or even Gaethje.
Till

Grundy KO line is weird since it seems like his only path to victory

Movsar has the grappling advantage, Grundy isn't a sub guy, Grundy does have meme KO power, yet his KO line is at 11.0? I'm leaning Movsar, but that feels way off

Why is it a given that Movsar has the grappling advantage? He has problems when he doesn't dominate the wrestling game and puts himself in bad positions, and I highly doubt he dominates Grundy in wrestling even if he has an edge.

Also Grundy is very much a sub guy. He's a wrestler who has most of his wins by subs, and possibly one of the best grapplers coming out of the British mma scene

Why is it a given that Movsar has the grappling advantage? He has problems when he doesn't dominate the wrestling game and puts himself in bad positions, and I highly doubt he dominates Grundy in wrestling even if he has an edge.

Also Grundy is very much a sub guy. He's a wrestler who has most of his wins by subs.
Grundy's submissions are over guys with no ground game whatsoever. Dagestanis don't get tapped out

I'm also not convinced Grundy has the grappling advantage. Commonwealth Games has exclusively countries that are inept at wrestling. He's never really shown exemplary wrestling chops, dude was held down for a minute in a regional fight lmfao

Grundy's submissions are over guys with no ground game whatsoever. Dagestanis don't get tapped out

I'm also not convinced Grundy has the grappling advantage. Commonwealth Games has exclusively countries that are inept at wrestling. He's never really shown exemplary wrestling chops, dude was held down for a minute in a regional fight lmfao

I'm not saying Grundy necessarily has the grappling advantage, I don't know who does. But I would be pretty surprised if Evloev dominated the grappling exchanges or even came close to it. His style is really problematic in watching his earlier fights, he gets caught in scary situations pretty regularly. Someone with the right skillset is going to catch him eventually, either on the ground or the feet. Also he's not even Dagestani lol

In my opinion, Whittaker is similar to an Aldo. Against wrestlers and grapplers, he’s a beast, shutting down their takedowns and beating them up on the feet. However, his game isn’t as tailor-made when it comes to dealing with strikers. I need better odds on Till, though. If he reaches 2.20, I’ll unload two units or so.

Totally agree, gus was just hopping around vs Smith trying to be some kind of sniper counterpuncher or something, which just ended up hopping cluelessly around and throwing 1 strike per minute. It is like he totally forgot what made him good, or he has just become afraid to get hit. I would hesitate to bet him at -200 let alone at -400!!!!
Smith can be a dangerous striker. I imagine he would KTFO the Werdum who showed up vs Alexey

Smith can be a dangerous striker. I imagine he would KTFO the Werdum who showed up vs Alexey
I don't know alexi threw a ton of volume and really came after Werdum forcing Werdum to react and get into a firefight. I have never ever seen Gustafsson fight like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back