UFC needs PPV to get back on track

I'm trying but I still can't seem to care what you want to see.

You're the guy refuting the common usage based on a feeling. Bloody Elbow certainly has more journalistic credibility than your feelings.

I never refuted it, don't twist my words. I simply stated it seems high and would like to see a real source, as did another poster. Congratulations, you're a complete tool.

I never refuted it, don't twist my words. I simply stated it seems high and would like to see a real source, as did another poster. Congratulations, you're a complete tool.

I'll give you that, you were just asking if it were a wise tale. My bad on that. The other poster was also using some nebulous feeling.

Beggars can't be choosers. You've got the same Internet that I have. If you're going to poo poo a source, at least have something to offer besides "I don't know but I don't believe that".

Sorry you don't love me. I'm just not here to chase information for you. If you want a better source, go get one.

I'll give you that, you were just asking if it were a wise tale. My bad on that. The other poster was also using some nebulous feeling.

Beggars can't be choosers. You've got the same Internet that I have. If you're going to poo poo a source, at least have something to offer besides "I don't know but I don't believe that".

Sorry you don't love me. I'm just not here to chase information for you. If you want a better source, go get one.

Again youre quoting me putting words in my mouth that I never said.

" I don't know but I don't believe that " is not something I said so why are you quoting it as if I did? I simply asked for a more reliable source.

You love putting words in people's mouths it seems.

Which explains why other successful sports leagues, like the NFL and NBA, derive the majority of their revenues from PPV.

Not reading your garbage post when the opening line is an assertion with zero basis in reality. The UFC has the potential for the most money by being on network TV with major advertisers -- just like every other major sports league.

The NFL and NBA do it with tax breaks for owners... the NFL is a "nonprofit".

Again youre quoting me putting words in my mouth that I never said.

" I don't know but I don't believe that " is not something I said so why are you quoting it as if I did? I simply asked for a more reliable source.

You love putting words in people's mouths it seems.

I expected people could see the sarcastic paraphrase of someone who had no idea but refuses to accept a given source without bothering to research on their own.

You're the guy starting a thread about gettin PPV on track without any understanding of what the event promoter receives in relationship to the provider's gross sale.

I expected people could see the sarcastic paraphrase of someone who had no idea but refuses to accept a given source without bothering to research on their own.

You're the guy starting a thread about gettin PPV on track without any understanding of what the event promoter receives in relationship to the provider's gross sale.

I never refused to accept it. Can you say anything that's correct? I like viewing multiple sources or reliable sources. I never said it was wrong or refused to believe it. You just make things up in every post.

Also when I made the thread I already knew about the 50% ppv revenue going to the cable provider, i just had never seen the source.

It's hard trying to talk to you when you are constantly twisting my words and making inaccurate assumptions.

I never refused to accept it. Can you say anything that's correct? I like viewing multiple sources or reliable sources. I never said it was wrong or refused to believe it. You just make things up in every post.

Also when I made the thread I already knew about the 50% ppv revenue going to the cable provider, i just had never seen the source.

It's hard trying to talk to you when you are constantly twisting my words and making inaccurate assumptions.

Whatever you say.

I see you can't quite grasp that when you don't know something and someone provides a source, your wanting them to provide other sources without taking any of your own time to research on your own for better sources! is unappealing. It doesn't make a person want to give you anything more. It's like a child saying "I don't like what's for dinner, make me something else".

Whatever you say.

I see you can't quite grasp that when you don't know something and someone provides a source, your wanting them to provide other sources without taking any of your own time to research on your own for better sources! is unappealing. It doesn't make a person want to give you anything more. It's like a child saying "I don't like what's for dinner, make me something else".

Again making more inaccurate assumptions. I did a google search trying to find information on the ufc and the ppv percentage but none of those articles came up. Perhaps I didn't type the right term but I did look.

So you're wrong once again, and your analogy of childs dinner is terrible.

Asking for multiple sources or an alternative source is not grounds for being a condescending jerk

Again making more inaccurate assumptions. I did a google search trying to find information on the ufc and the ppv percentage but none of those articles came up. Perhaps I didn't type the right term but I did look.

So you're wrong once again, and your analogy of childs dinner is terrible.

Asking for multiple sources or an alternative source is not grounds for being a condescending jerk
You must not have children.

Good luck with your thread.

You must not have children.

Good luck with your thread.

I don't blame you for leaving, you didn't exactly make yourself look good. "You must not have children" that's a good way to go out, I wouldn't expect anything less from a quality guy like yourself. Bye :)

This thread is gold. Stop crying, now you've learned your lesson about PPV providers.

Plus for all this shit talking about you not believing what people are telling you, you don't have a damn clue about the UFC financials to make any sort of assumptions in the first place. That's why this thread is hilarious.

TS your math is all fucked up.

First UFC doesnt get all the money from PPV, they get half, PPV providers take half so a million buy PPV at 60 bucks a pop they get 30 mill.

Second the Fox deal isnt for 4 events, they dont get 22 mill per event, lol WTF? thats for all content, 4 Fox shows, TUF, 18 FS1 events, 13 PPV prelims etc. Its the entire show.

In fact for an April Fox card that was in Florida the numbers came out Fox paid UFC 2.5 mill for that one show. So every event they do on Fox is part of that 100 mill a year contract.

I don't blame you for leaving, you didn't exactly make yourself look good. "You must not have children" that's a good way to go out, I wouldn't expect anything less from a quality guy like yourself. Bye :)

Now I'll do what you have been doing.

Stop twisting my words. You like putting words in other people's mouths. You're wrong again. Can you say anything that's correct?

I didn't say I was leaving, I just wished you luck with your thread.

Ask your mom to explain the dinner analogy to you. You'll understand it first hand if you ever have kids.

that must be why they are phasing it out and swapping their streams of revenue around. thanks for clearing that up.

I never said they get all the money from the ppvs I clearly stated gross revenue. If you know what gross revenue means then I'm not sure why you're confused.

Obviously my thread is just opinion and speculation. Nobody really knows all the financial aspects of the ufc except the ufc.

I was seriously gonna buy Jones-Cormier - would have been first MMA even I've watched in over 6 months. Then I looked at the undercard as was like....uh.....no. In the old days that card would have had Rousey as a co-main, and some high profile fights to go along with the main event. Now it looks like a boxing card - one big title fight and a bunch of random other fights.

I never said they get all the money from the ppvs I clearly stated gross revenue. If you know what gross revenue means then I'm not sure why you're confused.

Obviously my thread is just opinion and speculation. Nobody really knows all the financial aspects of the ufc except the ufc.

But you're stating the content provider's gross revenue, not the UFC's gross.

TS your math is all fucked up.

First UFC doesnt get all the money from PPV, they get half, PPV providers take half so a million buy PPV at 60 bucks a pop they get 30 mill.

Second the Fox deal isnt for 4 events, they dont get 22 mill per event, lol WTF? thats for all content, 4 Fox shows, TUF, 18 FS1 events, 13 PPV prelims etc. Its the entire show.

In fact for an April Fox card that was in Florida the numbers came out Fox paid UFC 2.5 mill for that one show. So every event they do on Fox is part of that 100 mill a year contract.

Good to know. I was under the impression the 90m was.for the 4 big shows.

Now I'll do what you have been doing.

Stop twisting my words. You like putting words in other people's mouths. You're wrong again. Can you say anything that's correct?

I didn't say I was leaving, I just wished you luck with your thread.

Ask your mom to explain the dinner analogy to you. You'll understand it first hand if you ever have kids.

You insinuated you were leaving by saying good luck with my thread. My saying "I don't blame you for leaving " was not putting words in your mouth, it was an inaccurate assumption based on your insinuating comment.

Unfortunately even when you're right, you're wrong.

Back