UFC needs PPV to get back on track

How many PPVs did they sell? How many international shows were they running? They were a national company for about 18 months before being bought out. It's not like they were a long standing rival or rival at all to the ufc.

They were becoming a rival, they had a legit feeder organization strikeforce challengers to build their own stars, they had a major tv deal with cbs while ufc was still on spike. they definitely had some good things going for them.

If i remember correctly they were also planning to put on thier first PPV. they were going to become a rival to the UFC, no doubt about it.

People need to care less about their potential business model and focus more on enjoying the fights.

Which explains why other successful sports leagues, like the NFL and NBA, derive the majority of their revenues from PPV.

Not reading your garbage post when the opening line is an assertion with zero basis in reality. The UFC has the potential for the most money by being on network TV with major advertisers -- just like every other major sports league.

yea I stopped reading after the first sentence too.

TS does some 5th grade math and thinks he knows how the UFC can maximize their profits

yea I stopped reading after the first sentence too.

Funny how the ufc adopted this stacking ppv strategy in recent weeks but yeah im an idiot and its not worth reading 1 sentence.

shows what you know

TS does some 5th grade math and thinks he knows how the UFC can maximize their profits

again i ask, if im so wrong why did the ufc start doing this within the 3 weeks since i made this post? huh?

because im right!!

I still believe that if any fight captured the public's imagination it can do well on PPV. That goes across all sports. Something you can get emotionally invested in enough to HAVE to see the outcome. Anderson Silva's comeback for example felt like a wasted opportunity.

Payroll is usually under $1.5m per event

That is so not true man
You are not including bonuses, PPV points, staff (hell Buffer is reported to make 30k-100k per event).
Plus travel expenses, hotels, etc,

Funny how the ufc adopted this stacking ppv strategy in recent weeks but yeah im an idiot and its not worth reading 1 sentence.

shows what you know

dont get butthurt because you have no experience in the corporate world.

if you asked nicely I might have explained to you why and how network deals especially long-term, can be used to leverage for more revenue... making it a much more risk-averse strategy for sustaining a business that has outlived its growth stage.

sustainability is king.

but since this all probably sounded like rubbish to you, go google up the article where Lorenzo talks about moving away from the ppv business model.

dont get butthurt because you have no experience in the corporate world.

if you asked nicely I might have explained to you why and how network deals especially long-term, can be used to leverage for more revenue... making it a much more risk-averse strategy for sustaining a business that has outlived its growth stage.

sustainability is king.

but since this all probably sounded like rubbish to you, go google up the article where Lorenzo talks about moving away from the ppv business model.

lol we're talking about ufc financials nobody knows the exact details and i have a degree in business, im sure thats more than you can say.

if the strategy for moving to tv is so viable why has the ufc backtracked?

why are they doing exactly what i said they should do and get back to PPV?

Why are they following the ppv strategy if your strategy is so much better? because its actually not

maybe in the future they will sign the right deals where tehy wont need ppv anymore but that time hasnt come and the 4 big fox cards a year isnt nearly enough to replace the ppv model

like ive shown with simple maths the ppv model is by far the biggest revenue generator for the ufc which is why they are stacking them again.

they probably realized last year was horrible, their strategy wasnt working, so their going back to what made them successful to begin with, the ppv

Ppv is where the ufc has the potential to make the most money...ng.

Anyone who reads past this marketing 101 from 1994 is a clown. The PPV model is outdated in today's world. The now is owing your own network where they can get cable, satellite and Internet providers to pay just to carry the channel for providers plus they keep their own ad revenue.

the ppv model is old but not outdated as it has shown even today to be an amazing source of revenue generation look no further than the past 2 PPVs, the UFC made a fucking killing.

as long as they have the fox deal for 4 fights a year they are not going to be able to transition away from ppv model.

they would need to sign a much bigger tv deal for that

maybe in the future they will sign the right deals where tehy wont need ppv anymore but that time hasnt come and the 4 big fox cards a year isnt nearly enough to replace the ppv model

like ive shown with simple maths the ppv model is by far the biggest revenue generator for the ufc which is why they are stacking them again.

they probably realized last year was horrible, their strategy wasnt working, so their going back to what made them successful to begin with, the ppv

Globo Deal in Brazil 60m a year? European TV deals, Asia, Australia... Reebok...

man gtfo. you're making mma fans look bad.

Globo Deal in Brazil 60m a year? European TV deals, Asia, Australia... Reebok...

man gtfo. you're making mma fans look bad.

You guys keep talking but none of you can explain why the UFC has gone back to PPV stacking, you just keep saying its a dead model, but if it was the UFC wouldn't be putting all their eggs in the ppv basket right now.

think what you want but ufcs actions prove im right

Back