• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC must be nuts to think UFC 289 is worth $80

The UFC doesnt care about ppv numbers anymore. Their revenue is from other sources. They pay their fighters low relative to their profits. But the fans still watch so why should they give a F about improving the product. They’ll have a big card once in a while. And those are getting fewer and farther between everyday.

I
The ticket prices from resellers have been creeping down pretty substantially. Good lower bowl tickets are still much more than they should be, but half of what they were when tickets launched. Like the last couple UFC shows in Vancouver it may be almost free to snag a ticket day of. A massive amount of seats is available on sale from resellers right now.

As of right now I don't know a single person going to this event... and I know a couple dozen going to the local BFL card the night before.
Yup that's what I'm hoping for. Gonna try and snag lower bowls for 200 the day of. Probably dreaming but the cards so shitty who carew

Why does it matter? If you're a fan of fighter and want to support said fighter then you will purchase it. Definitely won't though, it's better to illegally stream it, then shit on the fighters and fights on a Karateka forum whilst crying about fighter pay and wanting the UFC to fail so all these fighters can be unemployed. Much much better.
Why? The only fighter getting PPV points is Amanda, you would actually support the fighters by buying the over priced merch at the UFC store or directly from the fighters if they have their own merch.

In America, this is people's Saturday night.. as if you'd stay home to watch that..

Why? The only fighter getting PPV points is Amanda, you would actually support the fighters by buying the over priced merch at the UFC store or directly from the fighters if they have their own merch.
Did you even read my post? I specifically said if you're a fan of said fighter. If you're not then don't purchase it stream it like everybody else. Only 10% of the people on this forum actually support & care about the fighters the rest are virtue signalling. If you think PPV's are expensive then you definitely don't buy direct apparel from said fighters.

I used to, all the time. It's been awhile tho.

Paid $7.99, or $9.99 for UFC 1......I'm old
All of the UFCs early on I watched on a black box that descrambled channels. However, after those first couple years I've bought a ton of PPVs and have attended a lot of their cards. Now mostly I will watch at the theater or at a BWW and maybe get some of the bigger cards at home. I can afford to buy all of them but it's ridiculous the low quality level on some of the ppvs.

One good fight, Charles vs Dariush

They haven't been in Canada in over 5 years. This is the best you got ?

Name a worse PPV all time

lol at the kids that feel the need to start their own thread saying the exact same thing as the 10 that have already been made.

There are plenty of good fights, you just need to invest yourself a bit more :)

In hind-sight there are always "better" and "worse" cards. But I'm with you. EVERY (ok, or almost every) "weak" card I've watched, which are a ton, has had bangers, and gotten me on board with this-or-that upcoming fighter, or resurging vet. This card looks weak on paper. I nonetheless suspect that there will be some great fights and that I will enjoy it.

Thank you mods for putting all these UFC 289 sucks threads in one! It's pretty sad that this has to be a thing =/

Canada hasn't been relevant post-GSP. Irrelevant markets get irrelevant cards. Canucks should be grateful for this crappy PPV, if it were any other country, they'd be getting some fight night BS headlined by unranked tomato cans whose names even Anik can't pronounce, but since Canada is America's favorite pet we're blessing you with a far better card than you deserve.

UFC%20147%20Poster.jpeg

Back