• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC must be nuts to think UFC 289 is worth $80

Yeah, these watered down cards are pretty trash. The roster is huge now and i don't even get excited nor tune in to some of these cards when it used to be Saturday night tradition. These cards are busche league for the most part.

The card is so weak that you can Fugitt about it

gold-jerry.gif

Why does it matter? If you're a fan of fighter and want to support said fighter then you will purchase it. Definitely won't though, it's better to illegally stream it, then shit on the fighters and fights on a Karateka forum whilst crying about fighter pay and wanting the UFC to fail so all these fighters can be unemployed. Much much better.

Why does it matter? If you're a fan of fighter and want to support said fighter then you will purchase it. Definitely won't though, it's better to illegally stream it, then shit on the fighters and fights on a Karateka forum whilst crying about fighter pay and wanting the UFC to fail so all these fighters can be unemployed. Much much better.

The UFC 289 Nunes vs Aldana clash will be the same as most UFC PPV events. Fans will have to pay $79.99 to watch the fight live.

Yeah, hard pass

Other than Adam Fugitt and Chris Curtis fight and Benny vs Oliveira this is really weak and watered down. We're in the era where having a good UFC PPV is very rare since ESPN deal

I don't expect the main event to be a bad fight, even if it's below average as far as main events go. Four promising fights on a card isn't a train wreck.

Are you a fight fan or a fighter's fan?

Because only casuals seem to complain about this shit

Mate, i think they have a fight card every week up unitl the 19th august. A lot of cards won't be great but we get a lot of fights

Main Card
Women's Bantamweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Irene Aldana [a]
Lightweight Charles Oliveira vs. Beneil Dariush
Welterweight Mike Malott vs. Adam Fugitt
Featherweight Dan Ige vs. Nate Landwehr
Middleweight Marc-André Barriault vs. Eryk Anders
Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Middleweight Nassourdine Imavov vs. Chris Curtis
Women's Flyweight Miranda Maverick vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
Bantamweight Aiemann Zahabi vs. Aori Qileng
Featherweight Kyle Nelson vs. Blake Bilder
Early preliminary card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)
Flyweight David Dvořák vs. Stephen Erceg
Women's Strawweight Diana Belbiţă vs. Maria Oliveira

A wmma headliner is always going to be meh. But ultimately most of these ppvs aren't worth 80-90 dollars.

I dare to say more than half of us don't even pay for ppvs anyways

This card is garbage-

Nunes vs Aldana - WMMA so who cares but even if you do, Nunes will smash Aldana
Oliveria vs Dariush - Only truly important fight on card
Malott vs Fugitt - We'll see if Malott has the potential to break into top 10, otherwise who are these guys?
Ige vs Landwehr - not a consequential fight for FW but could be fun
Barriault vs Anders - no impact on MW, could involve violence
Imavov vs Curtis - Imavov needs to win to show top 10 potential, Curtis is not an easy out. Maybe 2nd most important fight on card
Rountree vs Unknown Fighter - Rountree might be coming around and should be HEAVILY favored against Fighter, still no importance in the LHW division

Other than Miranda Maverick I have never heard of any of the fighters in the first 5 fights.

On paper this shit is a D level card at BEST.

"Nunes vs Aldana - WMMA so who cares but even if you do, Nunes will smash Aldana"

I care and im not sure she will

if there was a 50/50 split of men's and women's I'd guarantee you I'd watch more of the women's

The UFC 289 Nunes vs Aldana clash will be the same as most UFC PPV events. Fans will have to pay $79.99 to watch the fight live.

Yeah, hard pass
Yea, dont pay for it. No ones forcing you to pay to watch it? What's the problem.

People walked out on the main event last time in Vancouver... wonder if it'll happen again?

<DisgustingHHH>

I’ll be at B-dubs for it

If they’re going to insist on the ppv model, they should really consider a sliding scale and cards like this being drastically reduced in pricing.

Meh I could gaf its only 80 bucks. Sometimes these cards turn out to be fun. Aloe vera vs Darius is enough to make me watch

Back