UFC Lightweight James Vick Slams Women's BW Division, Fighter Angela Magana responds

Wow, what a surprise, another double standard against WMMA that the men have been doing for years

We can post a list a MILE long of UFC fighters who got title shots off 2 wins, 1 win, 0 win and Losses!!!

Here...I'll start

Title shot coming off a loss: Nick Diaz vs GSP

Title Shot with ZERO wins in the division: Chael vs Jones

Title Shot off 1 win: Brock Lesnar

Title shot off 2 wins: big nog, shogun and a millions others

Nobody gives a shit about her boxing and she barely uses it in MMA anyways. Ronda is going to break Holly H. so hard that Bethe is probably going to feel sorry for her.

Rousey is going to walk right through that pitter patter sparring shit that Holm throws and dump her straight on her head...or KO her on the feet with strikes lol.

All he's saying is that the division is weak. Besides...we all know that title shots in the UFC aren't always given out on merit.

So when people tune-in to watch the match, will you still claim that "nobody" wants to see it? Yes, it's a shit match-up, but there is no need to be intellectually dishonest when assessing whether or not the match-up is marketable.

Vick is much harder to push than Holm. Magana's point is credible.

11933430_901389373262839_3744337484615739670_n.jpg
11947461_901389366596173_8547233441420084162_n.jpg
I think she should focus on winning some fights in her own division before she can talk about anyone lol

So when people tune-in to watch the match, will you still claim that "nobody" wants to see it? Yes, it's a shit match-up, but there is no need to be intellectually dishonest when assessing whether or not the match-up is marketable.

Vick's harder to push because he'd be fighting RDA, Ronda is a superstar. 184 did better than 185.

Angela Magana seems real bitchy for someone who lives in Thailand and claims to be a spiritual person.

The vaguely spiritual types are often bitchy and self-righteous. Magana has constantly come across as an unpleasant person.

This isn't even my argument but any matchup is marketable with Ronda. No one would give a shit if Holm was fighting Sarah Mcmman on the main event of a free card, vice versa if Vick dropped to FW and fought Mcgregor the president would be tuned in to watch.

His only point is that her division is weak, and that's why she got a TS, and he's right.

Vick's harder to push because he'd be fighting RDA, Ronda is a superstar. 184 did better than 185.

Therefore, Rousey-Holm is a far more marketable match-up than Vick-Insertanylightweight.

Magana's right.

390x270xJames-Vick-Wins.png.speedilic.ic.OFKlXF-Jsn.png

Angela Magana responded with

I have to admit, I had to google her name because I had no idea who she was, I'm still unsure because a wiki didn't pop up. I think her logic is completely flawed. It insinuates that Holm is particularly popular and that's why she got the shot after two fights, as if it's not because the division is weak. Her performances don't have anyone excited to see her fight for a title and she's not a controversial personality that draws a lot of attention.

Not to mention Mr. Bush is sitting pretty somewhere in his ivory tower because baked beans are in fact, marketable.

I think you missed the "operative" word and essentially her point regarding marketability and money. You don't have to first be popular in order to be marketable. Being marketable is how people become popular.

And a can of baked beans is only marketable to those looking for something to eat, which has nothing do with entertaining fights put on by marketable fighters.

I have no clue who James Vick is, but I knew who Holly Holm was even before I ever saw one of her fights. I can't stand Angela Magana, but she is right on with this one.

There was a time when Roger Huerta was all the rage in MMA/UFC, and not because he was a great fighter, but because he was scrappy, latin, good looking, and had a heart wrenching story .. which made him very marketable.

So your saying that a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA is not marketable? And are you seriously saying such a ridiculousy stupid thing after the bombastic success of Rousey-Correira? Okay, chief.

Correia is marketable? No, only Rousey vs Correia was. It's not the same thing. Now that it's over, no one will care what Correia does. She is not marketable.

Holm is undefeated but have you seen her fights? Not marketable. Only Rousey vs [insert fighter with no legit wins but some trumped up credentials] is marketable.

I just don't see that as her point. He didn't say he was marketable. He said her division is weak. She fired back like it's not true and is trying to make it seem like it's a numbers game strictly and it isn't weak. Even Mcgregor couldn't get a TS in two fights.

if Conor was a tall blonde and/or was in a weak ass division like that, he would have had a title shot just as quickly.

Wow, what a surprise, another double standard against WMMA that the men have been doing for years

We can post a list a MILE long of UFC fighters who got title shots off 2 wins, 1 win, 0 win and Losses!!!

Here...I'll start

Title shot coming off a loss: Nick Diaz vs GSP

Title Shot with ZERO wins in the division: Chael vs Jones

Title Shot off 1 win: Brock Lesnar

Title shot off 2 wins: big nog, shogun and a millions others

Umm...the guys you mentioned were either brash talkers or MMA legends. Face facts...WMMA is weak in depth as a whole.

Lol...yes, everyone is tuning in to see Holly Holm fight.

Actually, no...they're not. Casuals are tuning in to see Ronda destroy whomever the unlucky sap is that gets placed in the cage with her. Nobody outside MMA forums real knows who Holly Holm is. I bet most boxing fans have no idea who she is. Don't act like this fight is going to be sold on the merit of Holm's MMA resume to date.

The fight may be marketable but Holm isn't marketing shit. Once Ronda destroys her, her marketability is gone. Compare that to someone like Conor, who can still market himself, even if he loses in the UFC because the man can talk.

Well fuck man; she's wrong and being stupid.

Vick said that 155 is a lot more dangerous of a division than Women's 135. Which is true. That's no slight against female fighters nor is it a pertinent to "marketability".

I'm a big WMMA fan but fuck you white knight *********s. Vick is right on the money here.

Back