UFC Lightweight James Vick Slams Women's BW Division, Fighter Angela Magana responds

The lack of LW title fights has some impact, but the need for consecutive and more importantly, MEANINGFUL, wins should be obvious for any type of competition. The lack of this essential quality in a title challenger, some would call it relevancy, only exists in shallow talent pools.

Brock and Chael might want to have a word with you about that.

Not saying that the WBW div is stacked. But the UFC is making this fight because it's the fight they think will draw the most revenue (much like they did with Brock and Chael). If the UFC wanted to put Ronda against someone with consecutive and meaningful wins, they would have put her up against Tate again.

Umm... She's still considered by most to be a top 3 female P4P boxer (Top P4P by many until she retired). So yeah, it's definitely a much more marketable fight than Ronda vs Tate 3.

And sure... LW is stacked. I never said other wise, you assumed I said that it wasn't because you're an idiot.

sure, guy...your whole argument about LW was based around the fact that it was about multiple title fight rematches/champion inactivity, hence someone like Vick needing to win a lot more fights to get a shot, due to the bottleneck at the top:

You must be a special kind of stupid.

I'm saying that there's a huge fucking bottleneck at LW when it comes to fighting for the title because the champs have been so inactive. Not to mention all the fucking rematches.

Penn vs Edgar... Twice.
Edgar vs Maynard... Twice
Edgar vs Bendo... Twice
And now RDA vs Cerrone... Twice.

never mind the fact that he was a 4-0 prospect entering the UFC and there were 100+ guys in the division ahead of him...

but hey...why would I expect someone with a Ronda av to be impartial when talking about Ronda or the WBW division?

you sound angry, by the way. i'm worried about your long term mental health. stress is a real killer:

It is a well-known fact that one's lifestyle can affect one's mortality rate. A new study links high to moderate stress levels to an increase in mortality. According to the study, conducted by Carolyn Aldwin of Oregon State University, individuals who tend to live a more stressful life have a 50% higher chance of dying.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../elevated-stress-levels-increase-chance-death

The lack of LW title fights has some impact, but the need for consecutive and more importantly, MEANINGFUL, wins should be obvious for any type of competition. The lack of this essential quality in a title challenger, some would call it relevancy, only exists in shallow talent pools.

Your argument is like a petty officer criticizing a Navy SEAL for their higher standards.

WMMA is neat, and there are exceptions like the top 2 or 3 in the handful of divisions that exist. It is still developing, and it is only natural that it has a shallow talent pool. There's no reason to hold this against the fighters. It might get better with time, but one also cannot deny the obvious.

dude...i dont think he's gonna understand everything you just wrote.

It insinuates that Holm is particularly popular and that's why she got the shot after two fights, as if it's not because the division is weak.

Sherdog was demanding an instant title fight for Holm and said the UFC was ducking her because she would destroy Ronda.

Now that she has one she sucks and isn't worthy and is an easy win.

Brock and Chael might want to have a word with you about that.

Not saying that the WBW div is stacked. But the UFC is making this fight because it's the fight they think will draw the most revenue (much like they did with Brock and Chael). If the UFC wanted to put Ronda against someone with consecutive and meaningful wins, they would have put her up against Tate again.
There have been exceptions lately on account of the pro rasslin dorks, but that has nothing to do with what you said. The majority of title challengers have done something that mattered, WMMA is the other way around. The majority of fighters have done very little, because there aren't enough people doing it.

Wow, what a surprise, another double standard against WMMA that the men have been doing for years

We can post a list a MILE long of UFC fighters who got title shots off 2 wins, 1 win, 0 win and Losses!!!

Here...I'll start

Title shot coming off a loss: Nick Diaz vs GSP

Title Shot with ZERO wins in the division: Chael vs Jones

Title Shot off 1 win: Brock Lesnar

Title shot off 2 wins: big nog, shogun and a millions others

Title shot off 1 loss: Alxander Gustafson

Magana epitomizes the word revolting. Is she the one thag pissed herself against a 105lber?

Lol wmma

How being a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA not marketable? Holm is more marketable than Vick, which is Magana's point.

Were not talking about mma. We're talking about wmma. Is Angela Magna even good looking? If not, good luck with her fighting career.

Holm's last 10 opponents...

Mary McGee (20-1) win
Diana Prazak (11-1) win
Anne Mathis (26-1) win
Anne Mathis (25-1) loss
Victoria Cisneros (5-11-2) win
Ann Saccurato (15-4-2) win
Jaime Clampitt (21-4-1) win
Chevelle Hallback (27-5-2) win
Victoria Cisneros (3-7-2) win
Terri Blair (11-13-2) win

http://boxrec.com/boxer/117628

world class means fighting three fights against two women with more losses than wins and ducking Cecilia Braekhus. i dont see too many men's champs, much less GOAT candidates fighting dudes with losing records when they're at the top of the game.

you ever consider that the men's division is MUCH deeper than the women's?

there are 118 dudes listed on the UFC men's LW division page...there are 26 women listed on the UFC women's BW division. Vick is ranked #38 after 4 wins in the UFC...there arent even 38 women on the women's BW roster. one of these is shallower than the other.

how the hell can you not see the difference?

you must be a special kind of stupid.

This. Paradigm wins by Arm bar, and Knockout.

Maybe she meant that in wmma, what is needed to succeed is not a deep bench and skill, but "marketability" in the form of sex appeal, and she acknowledges she doesn't have it, therefore she's got the fight record she has?
It's a stretch i know.

Magana isn't marketable either.

The 3 most marketable SW's weren't even on the show: Joanna, PVZ and Gadelha.

Indeed. On top of them clearly being better fighters than all/most on the show.

Well, she was 7-0 in her career. Yes, BW is not as developed as other divisions but Holm has a decent mma career and a very strong boxers career. There have been a few fighters that have entered the UFC and got 1-2 wins and got a shot.

The only thing I know her for is calling mma fans peasants & pissing herself in the octagon.

CEhSVJLUkAAs681.jpg:large

edge-licking-lips-o.gif

Back