UFC Lightweight James Vick Slams Women's BW Division, Fighter Angela Magana responds

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
390x270xJames-Vick-Wins.png.speedilic.ic.OFKlXF-Jsn.png

Wow I can't even imagine my ufc division being so weak that after only 2 wins you get a title fight. I'm 4-0 in the ufc and ranked like 38.

Angela Magana responded with

I know right? But of course you can't imagine it. You're as marketable as a can of baked beans. #ItsThePPVBusiness

I have to admit, I had to google her name because I had no idea who she was, I'm still unsure because a wiki didn't pop up. I think her logic is completely flawed. It insinuates that Holm is particularly popular and that's why she got the shot after two fights, as if it's not because the division is weak. Her performances don't have anyone excited to see her fight for a title and she's not a controversial personality that draws a lot of attention.

Not to mention Mr. Bush is sitting pretty somewhere in his ivory tower because baked beans are in fact, marketable.

Last edited:
Angela Magana seems real bitchy for someone who lives in Thailand and claims to be a spiritual person.

390x270xJames-Vick-Wins.png.speedilic.ic.OFKlXF-Jsn.png

Angela Magana responded with

I have to admit, I had to google her name because I had no idea who she was, I'm still unsure because a wiki didn't pop up. I think her logic is completely flawed. It insinuates that Holm is a big draw or at least marketable and that's why she got the shot, but it is the exact opposite. Her performances don't have anyone excited to see her fight for a title and she's not a controversial personality that draws a lot of attention.

So your saying that a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA is not marketable? And are you seriously saying such a ridiculousy stupid thing after the bombastic success of Rousey-Correira? Okay, chief.

Last edited:
So your saying that a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA is not marketable? Okay, chief.

i didn't mean it like that, it wasn't my point. I'm not saying she's completely unmarketable, it's that he accused her of having a weak division and her retort was that he wouldn't know because he's not marketable. That insinuates that Holm got the title shot after two UFC fights not because her division sucked but because she's particularly sellable and that is just not the case.

Angela Magana seems real bitchy for someone who lives in Thailand and claims to be a spiritual person.

The entire world should block Angela on Twitter. She's about the last person WMMA needs to defend them as a whole.

Magana isn't marketable either.

The 3 most marketable SW's weren't even on the show: Joanna, PVZ and Gadelha.

i didn't mean it like that, it wasn't my point. I'm not saying she's completely unmarketable, it's that he accused her of having a weak division and her retort was that he wouldn't know because he's not marketable. That insinuates that Holm got the title shot after two UFC fights not because her division sucked but because she's particularly sellable and that is just not the case.

They signed Holly with the full intent of her fighting for the title, period. Maybe we're seeing her fight for the title because her first 2 UFC fights weren't barn burners and her 0 is still intact, but she's certainly marketable.

Typical emotional broad response. The LW division has been established for quite some time, and although WSW is exciting, ALL women's divisions need more time to grow before they start complaining about pay, rankings, etc.

Oh, btw, Magana markets herself with that fat ass.

Angela Magana smells like baked beans

/thread

How being a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA not marketable? Holm is more marketable than Vick, which is Magana's point.

Gotta love her types. The ones that after you say, "Hi nice to meet you," go on a 10 minute rant about how terrible their upbringing was, how their a perpetual victim, how hard life is....

How being a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA not marketable? Holm is more marketable than Vick, which is Magana's point.

Holm isn't shit marketing wise. Nobody who gives a fuck about MMA cares about this matchup and the casuals want to see Ronda get another 15 second win.

I just don't see that as her point. He didn't say he was marketable. He said her division is weak. She fired back like it's not true and is trying to make it seem like it's a numbers game strictly and it isn't weak. Even Mcgregor couldn't get a TS in two fights.

Women's boxing gets no attention. Most people on here probably didn't know who Holm was until she started MMA. She's not marketable. She just has a boxing pedigree and boxing world titles in a shallow weak division. It's a selling point but has little to do with MMA. Look at silver medalist Sara McMann, her accomplishments don't transfer over to MMA because she's not good. Ronda's Judo accomplishments transfer over to MMA because she's good and that makes her marketable.

People see Holm's striking in MMA and aren't impressed.

Holm isn't shit marketing wise. Nobody who gives a fuck about MMA cares about this matchup and the casuals want to see Ronda get another 15 second win.

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth does not a respectable point make.

Women's boxing gets no attention. Most people on here probably didn't know who Holm was until she started MMA. She's not marketable. She just has a boxing pedigree and boxing world titles in a shallow weak division. It's a selling point but has little to do with MMA. Look at silver medalist Sara McMann, her accomplishments don't transfer over to MMA because she's not good. Ronda's Judo accomplishments transfer over to MMA because she's good and that makes her marketable.

People see Holm's striking in MMA and aren't impressed.

At this point Ronda's opponents won't matter to anyone unless its Cyborg, which even at that point relatively knowledgeable fans will be SLIGHTLY more interested. It's all Ronda, no matter who she fights.

So your saying that a multi-decorated boxer that is undefeated in MMA is not marketable? And are you seriously saying such a ridiculousy stupid thing after the bombastic success of Rousey-Correira? Okay, chief.

Nobody gives a shit about her boxing and she barely uses it in MMA anyways. Ronda is going to break Holly H. so hard that Bethe is probably going to feel sorry for her.

Rousey is going to walk right through that pitter patter sparring shit that Holm throws and dump her straight on her head...or KO her on the feet with strikes lol.

All he's saying is that the division is weak. Besides...we all know that title shots in the UFC aren't always given out on merit.

Back