News UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Roy Nelson & plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
18000 posts over ten years but you aint that bothered

<YayKpop>

Exactly and he calls you the stupid cunt? At least you're on a forum because you're a fan of the sport, this guy has 18,000 posts on something he can drop tomorrow. What a muppet. I watch the UFC because I'm a fan of MMA, therefore I support the fighters getting all they should. I don't get why some people appear to fans of business and applaud the UFC's shitty treatment of the people who make the sport...

Exactly and he calls you the stupid cunt? At least you're on a forum because you're a fan of the sport, this guy has 18,000 posts on something he can drop tomorrow. What a muppet. I watch the UFC because I'm a fan of MMA, therefore I support the fighters getting all they should. I don't get why some people appear to fans of business and applaud the UFC's shitty treatment of the people who make the sport...

this place attracts some unusual cats

You can tell who has a shitty job and has been brainwashed into taking pride in corporate exploitation <Lmaoo>

On one side I want fighters to get treated right, on the other hand if they earn more money, they will never fight...

That seems to only be the mindaet of MMA fighters. Plenty of boxers get paid more and continue to fight.

i never understand the point of these threads

we saw what happens when you pay fighters big bucks, Affliction went down quickly

Seriously though, why is there never any conversation on the lack of accountability on the part of the fighters?
Because there isn’t really a fucking choice. If you cannot see that there is zero reason anyone else should try and spend the time to explain it.

Yes there are other organisations.
Yes they don’t have to sign the contract.
Yes they are not forced to sign the contract.

The issues are the UFC for a long time had a very solid monopoly on this market and although it may be shrinking slightly everyone still wants to be apart of the biggest and most recognised promotion in the world. Everyone here knows for a fact if any fighter paid money they don’t have to a lawyer to look over a contract for a promotion they’ve worked 5 - 10 years to get into.. then found the balls to say ‘sorry Claude 4.1.2 take that out and I’ll sign’ knows damn well the UFC would laugh on their face and tell them to get the fuck out of their office or cut whatever they just offered them in half and let them sign.

You’ve worked 10 years, you just got your opportunity. Are you going to piss it up the wall? It’s a game they are forced to play with little to no other choice. It’s the one path to getting known and getting paid, it’s just not a fair path. You are as known as the UFC wants you to be, they create the story at every angle, they create the stars.

we saw what happens when you pay fighters big bucks, Affliction went down quickly

It's not so much just "Big Bucks". It's more about market share. The money that Affliction generated was nothing to what the UFC does. So the big bucks where pointless and unsustainable.

Not only do they now have the PPV model set up to limit the amounts someone can get after cutting off the revenue stream of sponsorship and image rights. With the market share they have, t's not even close when trying to compare other organisations. The money these guys make outside of the UFC is from sponsorship. Back when Affliction was around, that wasn't the case.......

They own them while they fight now. However they are promoted and wherever their image is used. What they wear in public while connected to a fight. They own the right to ALLOW them to sign with someone else and pretty much how they are seen if they say boo to a goose. It's not a good look. They basically take a kids athletic dream and exploit the good nature of a "rookie" so that they can get the best fights out of him for the least money. While doing this they actively interfere with the individual's ability to either fight more, or less. Who they fight is a 2 offer game that results in being fired or dropped significantly down the pecking order. They are not allowed to benefit from their OWN popularity or image and are unable to earn money from their athletic endeavours unless connected and dressed as ... THE UFC

I watch it. I enjoy it. But make no mistake. The guys are cunts to the people they make money off.

The few guys I've heard defend the "Make yourself stand out" are very few and far between. A number of them not worthy either.

18000 posts over ten years but you aint that bothered

<YayKpop>

Brilliant argument

Also I don’t know if you know this, taking into consideration you are a dumb dumb
But this isn’t just an mma forum?

im not exactly surprised.

im pretty sure things have gotten better.

the libertarian side of me tells me it is what it is.. fighters sign the contracts and know what theyre getting into. the human side of me says fighters shouldnt be signing long multi fight deals that allows contract negotiations because it screws them in the end. it also tells me ufc top brass are greedy fucks.

we recently learned wwe had started doing this not too long ago either with the whole lengthening of contracts due to injury thing. it makes sense. if ur not available to perform ur contract gets frozen. not sure how thats unfair... it sucks, i agree, but its fair.

to be fair, ufc had over 200 events and they were still pulling this shit??? affliction just started. totally different.

the human side of me says fighters shouldnt be signing long multi fight deals that allows contract negotiations because it screws them in the end.
This is what I'd like to know more about. What is the incentive to sign a long term deal with the UFC when the UFC can cancel it at any time? Even if the UFC is offering more money to fighters who sign longer deals, that's no guarantee of actually making more money past that initial fight. So the initial fight would have to be a lot more money than signing a one fight deal to make it worthwhile.

No wonder Brock, GSP, and Rousey don't want to come back. Floyd Mayweather knew what he was talking about when he called Dana White a pimp.

Conor McGregor is smart to fight less often while he has maximum value. This is exactly why he does it.
lol wat?

Brock, GSP, and Rousey all have massive bargaining power. You think this shit works on them?

One example I remember of a top fighter being buried on the prelims for his last fight is Andrei Arlovski vs Jake O'Brien.

Can anyone remember another example?
so im pretty sure that same night, sanchez and koscheck were also on the prelims.... they were put onto the prelims because they didnt want to re-sign with the ufc. they ended up doing it, but yea, great names, good win %s but didnt watn to play ball.

i also had a big problem with how chris wade got treated. 4-0 with the 2 1st round submissions. starts asking for more money and gets fed to some tough russians with little name value (at the time). loses those fights, then gets put on as the first fight of the night for his next performance. wins that one and doesnt get re-signed.

Last edited:

Hey call me out big boy I’m right here.
And I said to your boyfriend, this forum has many sub forums
I barely post in the heavies anymore except to pass my boring day job

And you completely missed my point and that’s fine, I see you and your boyfriend aren’t the brightest.

This is what I'd like to know more about. What is the incentive to sign a long term deal with the UFC when the UFC can cancel it at any time? Even if the UFC is offering more money to fighters who sign longer deals, that's no guarantee of actually making more money past that initial fight. So the initial fight would have to be a lot more money than signing a one fight deal to make it worthwhile.
well the contract that they are given is based on them winning. if they continue to win, whatever is on paper is the lowest amount the fighter can get. also, getting longer term contracts is still a guaranteed "job" so to speak. i agree though, not sure why anyone would go longer than like 3/4 fights in 2 years... kinda silly if u ask me. unless ur a top 10 guy, it hardly ever works out in ur favor.

lol wat?

Brock, GSP, and Rousey all have massive bargaining power. You think this shit works on them?
u are correct. this issue with contracts and pay negotiations barely affects those guys. they dont care so much about this stuff, as they are part of the 5% that get what they want money-wise.

Because there isn’t really a fucking choice. If you cannot see that there is zero reason anyone else should try and spend the time to explain it.

Yes there are other organisations.
Yes they don’t have to sign the contract.
Yes they are not forced to sign the contract.

The issues are the UFC for a long time had a very solid monopoly on this market and although it may be shrinking slightly everyone still wants to be apart of the biggest and most recognised promotion in the world. Everyone here knows for a fact if any fighter paid money they don’t have to a lawyer to look over a contract for a promotion they’ve worked 5 - 10 years to get into.. then found the balls to say ‘sorry Claude 4.1.2 take that out and I’ll sign’ knows damn well the UFC would laugh on their face and tell them to get the fuck out of their office or cut whatever they just offered them in half and let them sign.

You’ve worked 10 years, you just got your opportunity. Are you going to piss it up the wall? It’s a game they are forced to play with little to no other choice. It’s the one path to getting known and getting paid, it’s just not a fair path. You are as known as the UFC wants you to be, they create the story at every angle, they create the stars.

The least fighters can do is support efforts to get a union. Leslie Smith was sending around union cards and barely anyone participated. That's on them, and it's hard to feel sorry when they won't help themselves.

Back