News UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Roy Nelson & plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
That's not getting "played," it's getting screwed.

All of this shit is illegal in boxing, yet there are people on this forum who constantly side with the UFC and shit on fighters for "not negotiating better contracts." As if the contracts actually work in the fighters' favor.

Also, this confirms what I've been saying for years about Silva. He was one of the biggest scumbags in combat sports, but, unlike Dana, was smart enough to keep his dirt behind the scenes.
I don't get how people support Dana, or even like him at all. I guess people want to say they like Dana because they secretly want to be him, and be rich. But it goes to show you how shitty these guys really are. Just imagine all the shit that will eventually come out once Dana is gone.

Anyone know if UFC loses this lawsuit is WME/Endeavor liable or the Fertittas?

Zuffa LLC is the defendant.

The Fertittas are divested of Zuffa, which is now owned by a consortium led by Endeavor.

You clowns still wanna parade around here calling the Diaz brothers divas who refuse to fight anyone?

<209Bitch>

Where's that 90% of posters today?
Ive always said fighters are not ducking nobody, its this cheap organization that tries to low ball the fighters and theyve had enough

Seriously though, why is there never any conversation on the lack of accountability on the part of the fighters?
I mean were not getting big fights all the time because bullshit like this so yes it seems the fighters are putting their foot down. Theres a reason for these shit watered down cards

And yet fans want to shit on guys like Stipe who is one of the few who isnt dependend from the UFC cause he has a job, for waiting out his titleshot, thats fine but dont pretend to be for fighters pay if you neglect the most logical option for a fighter.

Our societies have produced modern slaves/sheeps that think they're free and can't empathize with a cause as long as it doesn't affect them and their little lives. They're from that breed.
Why would a field slave care about a house slave?

GSP and Brock remain the kings of negotiating with the UFC

Helps your negotiating position when you have another billionaire willing to give you millions a year to kayfabe fight a handful of times a year.

Apparently the NFL, NHL, NBA etc. all have trouble finding talent and having them play.

The reason why fighters exit as soon as they get a HUGE payday is because they are treated like absolute trash. Very few ever get actually paid. Of course they are going to quit. They know it will never happen again. Those other athletes in other sports? They know they WILL get paid so why leave. They get comfortable and happy.

Well yeah, top players sit out and not play pretty regularly in the NFL, hell two of the top RBs in the league are sitting out right now and one sat out the whole year last year.

?

Any fighter has a choice of whether or not to sign a contract. As I said, the onus is on the fighter to understand the contract they are signing or pay a professional to explain it to them.

Everything the UFC does is spelled out in the contracts the fighters sign. I don't agree with how they treat fighters in the slightest but their contracts are designed specifically to not only get the most for the least (as most contracts are) but also to protect them from disgruntled fighters trying to back out or file lawsuits.

Randy Couture had very deep pockets when he took on the UFC and he lost. Mark Hunt's lawsuit is going exactly nowhere.

This class action suit (and that's essentially what it is) has zero leverage. Court cases are based on companies doing things not spelled out in their contracts.
Everything the UFC does is spelled out in it's agreements. Agreements the fighters signed (Whether they understood it or not), agreements that the fighters are given copies of.

I've seen pieces of the UFC contracts boilerplates that have been posted on the web (and here). They are very comprehensive.

You do realize that fighters are defined as independent contractors employed by a company based in the US right? Co-Employment laws in the US are the biggest thing the UFC has to worry about, not this class action nonsense that will go exactly nowhere.

Companies employing "Independent Contractors" can terminate their employment any time they want without cause. That's the basis of the independent contractor agreement.

The UFC is already breaking the law. The US government just doesn't do enforcement on companies. Especially those with connections. At best it's extremely selective about it even when shit is blatant. Their anti-competitive practices alone would result in the UFC having to break up it's business.

What will happen instead? They are very likely getting the Trump admin to undermine boxing so Zuffa can create their own titles which is currently illegal. Not that doing illegal shit has stopped them before but they would be up against boxing and those guys would be pissed. We should know in about six to nine months.

327qn.gif

Matt Brown Not Happy with UFC Contract

yeah well no one put a gun to their head and made them sign with ufc so that means ufc is justified in treating them however they want. can go to russia or pakistan if they don't like it

another shit "fan"...just terrible.

How could they re sign nick Diaz in 2010 when he wasn’t even fighting in the ufc at that point? He was still in strikeforce

What a mean little person. Why would those sweaty fighters want to hug him?

All I got from that is, you don't refuse fights. Just fight, fight out your contract. That's it. If the UFC is so bad why sign with them in the first place.

Its a joke really how the athletes get used. They need a union like all major sports, that protects the fighters from bs. Its just not that far along i guess, but once declared a legit sport the fighters union will follow close behind.

You can tell he's a mean-spirited little fuck from that exchange with Lorenzo. Like boy that escalated quickly. I guess I never thought of him as a sleazy POS because I never realized that he had anything to do with how much the fighters get paid per fight or whatever. But yea when you see it all laid out like that you can tell he's a scumbag - this is a filthy business and all the guys who make big money promoting it are gonna be assholes. Chael could spin all of this into making UFC out to be the good guys and the greedy fighters being the bad guys and keep a straight face while doing it.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I literally don’t care,
Life’s a bitch and this shit happens in all forms of business

Let’s be real, half the guys on roster aren’t even athletes, they are Saturday night fighters who in another time frame would be doing it for free in a bar anyway, boo hoo Roy gets a tough fight on the prelims?

Poor Kajan Johnson had to fight two Russians because she badmouthed the main sponsor?

Grow up

Feel sorry for military losing their jobs, doctors, teachers, surgeons because everybody on planet earth is getting low balled one way or another

It’s called life

Maybe I’m in the minority but I literally don’t care,
Life’s a bitch and this shit happens in all forms of business

Let’s be real, half the guys on roster aren’t even athletes, they are Saturday night fighters who in another time frame would be doing it for free in a bar anyway, boo hoo Roy gets a tough fight on the prelims?

Poor Kajan Johnson had to fight two Russians because she badmouthed the main sponsor?

Grow up

Feel sorry for military losing their jobs, doctors, teachers, surgeons because everybody on planet earth is getting low balled one way or another

It’s called life
Noone cares, i mean in general not your opinion

Back