News UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Roy Nelson & plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
yeah well no one put a gun to their head and made them sign with ufc so that means ufc is justified in treating them however they want. can go to russia or pakistan if they don't like it

Big Foot Silva was making 500K a fight in Russia.

That's not getting "played," it's getting screwed.

All of this shit is illegal in boxing, yet there are people on this forum who constantly side with the UFC and shit on fighters for "not negotiating better contracts." As if the contracts actually work in the fighters' favor.

Also, this confirms what I've been saying for years about Silva. He was one of the biggest scumbags in combat sports, but, unlike Dana, was smart enough to keep his dirt behind the scenes.

Nobody can be that retarded to side with a multi million dollar company. They are paid shills.

A non union organization doing this is not surprising. Still doesn't excuse it but it is what it is.

It's only with these glimpses in to how they do things over there that you can understand why guys like Hunt get so bent out of shape about the control the UFC has over fighters.

Great article.

Last edited:
Add to this Dana/the UFC’s public shaming of fighters that turn down fights and you have a pretty hostile environment for negotiating your fights.

This is also why I hate whenever anyone yells “duck” when a fighter doesn’t automatically take whatever fight the UFC offers them. Let these guys get paid. They’re legit killing each other for our entertainment.

yeah well no one put a gun to their head and made them sign with ufc so that means ufc is justified in treating them however they want. can go to russia or pakistan if they don't like it

Yeah lets talk about shitty countries when the subject is shitty UFC moves. I agree with one point, UFC can try but on the other hand their maneuvers should be outed and fought anytime. And for the violence part, economical violence is a very well known concept of contract law. No need to take a gun when toi can threaten someones family future with unfair negociation tactics

What has the UFC being a shady employer got to do where where someone lives.

And have you visited either place?

One example I remember of a top fighter being buried on the prelims for his last fight is Andrei Arlovski vs Jake O'Brien.

Can anyone remember another example?

Maybe I’m in the minority but I literally don’t care,
Life’s a bitch and this shit happens in all forms of business

Let’s be real, half the guys on roster aren’t even athletes, they are Saturday night fighters who in another time frame would be doing it for free in a bar anyway, boo hoo Roy gets a tough fight on the prelims?

Poor Kajan Johnson had to fight two Russians because she badmouthed the main sponsor?

Grow up

Feel sorry for military losing their jobs, doctors, teachers, surgeons because everybody on planet earth is getting low balled one way or another

It’s called life

so feel sorry for other people like drs and teachers, but not fighters, who are getting brain damage at work?

i will adopt this philosophy moving forwards

<mma4>

solid logic

so feel sorry for other people like drs and teachers, but not fighters, who are getting brain damage at work?

i will adopt this philosophy moving forwards

<mma4>

Don’t be a stupid cunt

If the ufc died tomorrow and all combat sports went away
No problem
We can watch something else.

Guys like Randy and Dan tried to change whole structure as how fighters were treated. Everyone afraid to go against machine.
Wme/ Dana are sextillionaires , ESPN home, mainstream and you have guys making 15/ 15 and then still have to disperse a percentage of that.

What happened with Gegard Mousasi ?

Everything on a karmic axis and everything comes out in wash at days end.
Its 2019 and putting a few ppvs aside- EVERYTHING watered down.
Never been so vested in a sport where I have so many SMH moments.....too much.Doesnt even make sense to me.

Every conpany would love a guy like silva

Back