UFC just went 0-2 in ONEFC big event

Knee to a grounded opponent gets a KO, punches behind the ear get a DQ.

<Neil01>

The Alvarez DQ was a horrible call. As for DJ; he got up pretty quick from a knee to a downed opponent and didn't cry after the fact. Weird how it hurt Aljo so much worse. Especially considering DJ had to take the follow up shots.

And another point, they DQ'ed Eddie over this but let 125 pound DJ eat a knee flush to his damn face from a guy probably 25 pounds heavier than him during the fight.

Knees to the head of a downed opponent is ok under ONE rules.

Guys I think Dana’s been lying to us

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CANS

<Kpop775>

3178_0.jpg

What the fuck is going on? MM got stiffened and Eddie Alvarez just got Dq’d is it time to end the narrative that the UFC is the top mma organization?

Sometimes you lose to a tomato can. It happens

Eddie Alvarez is 37 year old and taken as much mileage as anyone yet he pretty much destroyed the guy in one minute.

Mighty Mouse well lets just say this result doesnt make Dana sad one bit lol. Probably his least favorite champion ever and thats saying something.

I guess ufc took a loss when tito lost to mcgeary too... they aren't ufc anymore. Fact is some non ufc can beat ufc guys... hardly breaking news.

Last I checked, these were ONEFC vs ONEFC matchups...

If we're just going by who they represent, then Alvarez is more of a Bellator fighter than UFC IMO

Last I checked, these were ONEFC vs ONEFC matchups...

If we're just going by who they represent, then Alvarez is more of a Bellator fighter than UFC IMO
But the Bellator guy was actually winning and lost by DQ
The UFC GOAT got KTFO

bork1}

But a guy who kept losing the Bellator LW belt after they gifted to him (they had to kick Eddie and Brooks out to make him champion) is about to be UFC undisputed LW champion.

and Khabib had to retire to make that happen as well. Also he submitted Alvarez and then lost a split decision to him. The Brooks loses are legit. I'm still surprised at how bad Brooks did after moving to the UFC. Don't think I've ever seen a fighter fall so hard after moving to the UFC. He's still having trouble after leaving the UFC.

I dont care to follow the 4th best promotion because I dont have time. Still a massive mma fan.
You don't have to follow the whole promotion. But you should be watching their title fights and tournaments.

All their fighters looked way bigger also.
That thing about them not having weight cutting is a lie
That is my big takeaway.

Color me shocked that the perfect solution to weight cutting is smoke and mirrors and guys just cutting weight anyway.

Eddie’s DQ was pretty flimsy imo. As to the question, it varies fighter to fighter. There are some elite/very good fighters who fight outside the UFC, and there also fighters there who probably wouldn’t cut it in the UFC.

You don't have to follow the whole promotion. But you should be watching their title fights and tournaments.
Nah man. The one champion has no impact on the mma sphere whatsoever. Maybe that changes in the future. My mma fandom cant be questioned when I watch ufc, bellator and aca as well as other combat sports. Theres simply not enough time to prioritize an organization a tier below. If theres a big fight or if Lineker or Giorgio are fighting ill watch.

ACA has higher level MMA overall than ONE, but there are many factors which make ONE a more interesting promotion overall.

Depends on your taste I guess, I think ACA is usually great.

Back