UFC just went 0-2 in ONEFC big event

The Eddie Alvarez DQ reminded me of Junior Dos Santos vs Cyril Gane. You know maybe Junior has a case.

Eddie Alvarez hasn't been in the UFC in how long? Also he was winning handily till he got DQ'd.

DJ has also been out of the UFC for a couple years now and is 3-1 in ONE. He's really good but getting older.

Idk why former UFC fighters are expected to remain "UFC caliber" forever. It's not really a reflection on the UFC if someone loses a long time after they left the UFC.

USADA ruined Lombard dude

Lombard was 3-2 pre USADA with wins over Palhares, Marquardt and Shields and 2 split losses.
Lombard was 0-6 and 1 NC post USADA

How is Bendo doing in the Bellator?

Bendo was 11-3 in the UFC and the LW champ tied for the most title defenses
Bendo is 5-5 in Bellator and should be 3-7 because he got a lucky win over an injured opponent and a total robbery against Piccolotti. Never won a belt in Bellator

How is Erik Perez doing in Bellator?

Perez was 7-2 in the UFC
Perez is 0-2 in Bellator

etc etc

Lombard and Askren were hyped up as Anderson Silva and GSP killers. Bendo was already on a downfall that's why he got cut. Askren and Lombard were in their prime and lost fights to extremely mediocre opponents. It was Lombard's very first UFC fight when he gassed out and got beat up by Tim Boetsch. What kind of Anderson Silva killer does that? We can do revisionist history now and say Lombard was never that good, but he was Bellator's crown jewel. Most people at the time watched Bellator because of that guy. You can't compare an aging MM getting KO'd by a bigger guy after winning his first 3 fights in the org to the way that Lombard got derailed. Askren's (2nd best Bellator produced fighter at the time) short time with the UFC was also a disaster but nothing compared to what happened to Lombard. At least he got a win over Lawler and Masvidal/Maia are/were top level fighters.

Sources: Rebney: Only Anderson Silva Could Beat Hector Lombard (sherdog.com)
Hector Lombard vs. Anderson Silva | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion
Chael/Anderson/Hector | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Just read this quote - "“I think there’s one guy on earth right now that I would look at and say to myself, ‘He could beat Hector.’ His name is Anderson Silva. I don’t know that I would pick Anderson to beat Hector, but it would be one heck of a fight.”"

Last edited:
That’s not a thing. It’s publicity that they have “no weight cutting”. In reality they utilize hydration tests to make sure fighters aren’t overly dehydrated. So basically they test the fighters pee through the fight week to make sure they aren’t below a certain hydration threshold and are tracking on weight for the fight. My question is what happens when fighters come in heavy? Are they lenient on the fight weight? Or the hydration threshold? Or are they keeping the threshold so low there really isn’t much of a restriction on weight cutting at all.
I have no idea how ONE works. But you asked some great questions.

Did you watch those fights? He wasnt exactly blowing his opponents out, & that was 2 years ago. 35 year olds in lower weightclasses generally are well past their prime. Look at Cruz, Tony, Aldo etc etc. All of MM's peers have fallen off a cliff, no surprise that he also did.
Uhh... yes, did you?

DJ did blow out Kingad, and Kingad is an elite guy.

DJ did not blow out Wada, but Wada is elite, so who cares. It speaks more to Wada (and most of the ONE roster) being extremely underrated. Though anyone who watched Wada beat the shit out of Kai Kara France in Rizin already knew that.

Uhh... yes, did you?

DJ did blow out Kingad, and Kingad is an elite guy.

DJ did not blow out Wada, but Wada is elite, so who cares. It speaks more to Wada (and most of the ONE roster) being extremely underrated. Though anyone who watched Wada beat the shit out of Kai Kara France in Rizin already knew that.

I actually think Wakamatsu will turn out to be the best of the bunch, that guy has a great mixture of skill and power and he's still pretty young.

He's one of the best ever, but anyone expecting the guys at smaller weights to have very much longevity don't know alot about combat sports.

His opponent was 5'8 right? That's what happens when you the organization keeps throwing larger men at you, eventually it's too much.

I haven't watched the fight yet though, if MM really got stiffened this will be a sad one<{CMPALM}>
"Keeps throwing larger men at you", bro, Moraes is the champ and MM wanted/earned that title fight...

USADA ruined Lombard dude

Lombard was 3-2 pre USADA with wins over Palhares, Marquardt and Shields and 2 split losses.
Lombard was 0-6 and 1 NC post USADA

How is Bendo doing in the Bellator?

Bendo was 11-3 in the UFC and the LW champ tied for the most title defenses
Bendo is 5-5 in Bellator and should be 3-7 because he got a lucky win over an injured opponent and a total robbery against Piccolotti. Never won a belt in Bellator

How is Erik Perez doing in Bellator?

Perez was 7-2 in the UFC
Perez is 0-2 in Bellator

etc etc

It depends on the fighters, you get too hung up on organisations.

If you look at the other bigger orgs outside the UFC at the moment.

Bellator

- Has an ex UFC HW champion in Bader and the likely next challenger in Johnson is also ex UFC.
- The next LHW title challenger is ex UFC in Phil Davis, 6/8 of LHW GP participants are ex UFC
- MW champion Mousasi is ex UFC
- Next BW title challenger Sergio Pettis is ex UFC
- Womens FW champion Cris Cyborg is ex UFC as is next title challenger Leslie Smith

ONE
- HW Champ Brandon Vera is ex UFC
- FW Champ Thanh Le lost on TUF and also lost to lower level UFC fighter Kevin Aguilar in LFA

PFL
- LHW Champ Emilano Sordi lost on the Contender Series

KSW
- HW Champ Phil De Fries is ex UFC

So yeah, there's plenty of examples of ex UFC fighters doing fine. Despite the fact that the majority of the fighters the UFC have who are at the upper echelons of the organisation won't get released until they're past their prime.

DJ was fighting a much bigger man and you could see he was desperate to not get taken down, if it wasn't for the size difference he would've fought differently and probably won easily.

Adriano Moraes looks legit. Only 3 losses, all by Split Decision, and 2 of them avenged.

Meh...Alvarez is long past his best, and got a DQ in a fight he was doing well in. MM got caught and finished by a guy who appeared huge, by comparison. Which we know is impossible, because ONE told us they eliminated weight cutting.

everybody knows ufc is 2nd rate organization where fighters go for easier competition

Lombard and Askren were hyped up as Anderson Silva and GSP killers. Bendo was already on a downfall that's why he got cut. Askren and Lombard were in their prime and lost fights to extremely mediocre opponents. It was Lombard's very first UFC fight when he gassed out and got beat up by Tim Boetsch. What kind of Anderson Silva killer does that? We can do revisionist history now and say Lombard was never that good, but he was Bellator's crown jewel. Most people at the time watched Bellator because of that guy. You can't compare an aging MM getting KO'd by a bigger guy after winning his first 3 fights in the org to the way that Lombard got derailed. Askren's (2nd best Bellator produced fighter at the time) short time with the UFC was also a disaster but nothing compared to what happened to Lombard. At least he got a win over Lawler and Masvidal/Maia are/were top level fighters.

Sources: Rebney: Only Anderson Silva Could Beat Hector Lombard (sherdog.com)
Hector Lombard vs. Anderson Silva | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion
Chael/Anderson/Hector | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Just read this quote - "“I think there’s one guy on earth right now that I would look at and say to myself, ‘He could beat Hector.’ His name is Anderson Silva. I don’t know that I would pick Anderson to beat Hector, but it would be one heck of a fight.”"
What the hell is this? Lombard and Askren were in Bellator 10+ years ago. By that time, they were barely anything more than a regional promotion. Not even #2 with Strikeforce around. That's like shitting UFC because guys like Buentello used to fight for the belt 15 years ago.

These days Bellator is the clear #2 and their talent resembles the strikeforce of 10 years ago. 10 years ago a UFC reject in Jay Hieron that wasn't even ranked went to Bellator and gave Askren the fight of his life, arguably got robbed. These days Lorenz Larkin beat 3 top 10 guys in the UFC in Magny, Masvidal and Ponzinibio and when he signed with Bellator lost to Daley and Lima. The level is obviously not the same as 10 years ago. You obviously don't know what you are talking about

Last edited:
Eddie Alvarez hasn't been in the UFC in how long? Also he was winning handily till he got DQ'd.

Idk why former UFC fighters are expected to remain "UFC caliber" forever. It's not really a reflection on the UFC if someone loses a long time after they left the UFC.
Eddie Alvarez got knocked out right away though. In his very first fight 2 years ago. And that guy beat Gaetjhe and was winning agaisnt Dustin until the controversies. Those are the 2 best UFC fighters in the most talented UFC division...

<{chips}>

I actually think Wakamatsu will turn out to be the best of the bunch, that guy has a great mixture of skill and power and he's still pretty young.
Kingad is actually younger than Wakamatsu.

Wakamatsu steamrolled everyone in Pancrase then managed to get finished in the 5th round against Ikeda in a fight he was dominating.

He didn't look bad in either of his ONE losses, and is arguably on the verge of a title shot if he beats Mclaren.

Kingad is actually younger than Wakamatsu.

Wakamatsu steamrolled everyone in Pancrase then managed to get finished in the 5th round against Ikeda in a fight he was dominating.

He didn't look bad in either of his ONE losses, and is arguably on the verge of a title shot if he beats Mclaren.

I know Kingad beat Wakamatsu, but I still feel Wakamatsu has a higher ceiling in terms of where his potential lies. I don't see Kingad getting a lot better than he is now, but I might be completely wrong of course.

Back