UFC just went 0-2 in ONEFC big event

Lombard and Askren were hyped up as Anderson Silva and GSP killers. Bendo was already on a downfall that's why he got cut. Askren and Lombard were in their prime and lost fights to extremely mediocre opponents. It was Lombard's very first UFC fight when he gassed out and got beat up by Tim Boetsch. What kind of Anderson Silva killer does that? We can do revisionist history now and say Lombard was never that good, but he was Bellator's crown jewel. Most people at the time watched Bellator because of that guy. You can't compare an aging MM getting KO'd by a bigger guy after winning his first 3 fights in the org to the way that Lombard got derailed. Askren's (2nd best Bellator produced fighter at the time) short time with the UFC was also a disaster but nothing compared to what happened to Lombard. At least he got a win over Lawler and Masvidal/Maia are/were top level fighters.

Sources: Rebney: Only Anderson Silva Could Beat Hector Lombard (sherdog.com)
Hector Lombard vs. Anderson Silva | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion
Chael/Anderson/Hector | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Just read this quote - "“I think there’s one guy on earth right now that I would look at and say to myself, ‘He could beat Hector.’ His name is Anderson Silva. I don’t know that I would pick Anderson to beat Hector, but it would be one heck of a fight.”"

Bendo wasn’t cut. His contract was just up. His last two fights in the UFC were both wins. How many fighters do you know who were cut while on a two fight win streak?

People are retarded - just wait until Chandler wins the UFC belt and gains his ufc superpowers.

Tards on here will be sperging all over saying how much Chandler has improved from his Bellator days, when in reality he hasn’t.

PS Pitbull smashes future ufc champ Chandler and Volkanovski on the same fucking night real talk.
Lmao, a bit delusional, ay? Pit Bull is a great fighter, but there is about a 0% chance to sub volk via guillotine because Volk has no neck. Volk may be a tad boring at times, but he always finds a way to neutralize his opponents strengths and I seriously doubt Pitbull KOs him, or even rocks him for that matter. Volk wins that fight the vast majority of the time in a somewhat close but clear decision. Calvin Kattar Max would absolutely wreck Pitbull on the feet. They both have a huge reach advantage over Pitbull and Maxikely clowns him on the feet of Pitnull can get the TD.
Also, Chandler winning the belt atm proves nothing. He has won a grand total of one ufc fight against a decent opponent. Khabib would have mailed him. Dustin beats him more times than not. I think Conor takes him out relatively easily like he did to Eddie. Tbh, I doubt he even beats Do Bronx, but enjoy living in your fairytale land where you like to pretend Bellator’s stop fighters wreck the UFC’s top fighters. Pit Bull is the best they have, along with Lima and I seriously doubt they would win a belt in the UFC or even possibly beat any of the top 3 guys.

What the fuck is going on? MM got stiffened and Eddie Alvarez just got Dq’d is it time to end the narrative that the UFC is the top mma organization?
It's the best promotion out there but doesn't necessarily have the best talent.

Honestly its not always about age but fight mileage matters a lot. Also, fighters with speed, reflexes, explosiveness tend to not age well, power is the last thing to go. At HW, there aren't a lot of guys known for their speed, explosiveness, reflexes, so even for a lot of them that get old, they can stay relevant. DJ was never known for his power, but his best attributes are also the first to disappear as you age.

Overall, currently UFC does have the best fighters overall, that doesn't mean there aren't some great fighters outside the UFC

You need a much larger sample size and compare like to like within and across divisions if you want to get a sense of "UFC vs. Others" type questions.

I'd hazard a guess that the UFC fighters would win about 75 percent of the time against their comparable peer in the next best organizations, but that's just a guess.

UFC was always glorified bum fights. Every other major Org has better talent except MAYBE Rizin

What the fuck is going on? MM got stiffened and Eddie Alvarez just got Dq’d is it time to end the narrative that the UFC is the top mma organization?

MM looked much smaller than Moraes, who is a pretty good fighter and Alvarez got robbed.
Not a fan of Eddie, but those were not back punches, were near the ear.
Also, the referee didn't warn him, nothing.

Nah dude it's always all good. What I was going at is DJ got up and was completely lucid and Aljo acted like he was hit in the head with a baseball bat but still somehow managed to convey that he could not continue.

Yeah, I agree.

They have nothing to do with the UFC besides being wash outs. UFC used them then got rid of them at the perfect time

You need a much larger sample size and compare like to like within and across divisions if you want to get a sense of "UFC vs. Others" type questions.

I'd hazard a guess that the UFC fighters would win about 75 percent of the time against their comparable peer in the next best organizations, but that's just a guess.
If you pit the equivalent ranked fighter of the org say #1 from UFC vs #1 from ONEFC im willing to bet it's a lot more than 75% of the time. An example would be the #1 ranked UFC 155lbs according the UFC website Khabib vs #1 ranked on the OneFC website Christian Lee + #5 ranked Conor McGregor vs #5 ranked Marat Gafurov. I can't see this going less than 90% in favor of the UFC. Now that's only the top 5. If we're talking depth of the division UFC has an even bigger edge imo but since OneFC only ranks their top 5 I can't make an actual comparison.

They have nothing to do with the UFC besides being wash outs. UFC used them then got rid of them at the perfect time
Eddie is/was as much if not more a Bellator guy than he was a UFC guy anyways. You can't say UFC fighters are overrated and then bring up a guy who had more wins in Bellator than he did in the UFC as an example.

Fighters lose, it happens even with pillow fisted Flyweights.

I can list you much more hehe

Not anymore. Coker signed way better prospects than Dana did recently. Not everyone wants to get paid and treated like shit by Dana and company. There are plenty of elite guys in Bellator and other orgs, you guys are just clueless because you don't follow any orgs besides UFC
There can be plenty, but not more. Fighters have said that, but not a majority. The general consensus is that they’re “trying to make it to the UFC.” If you’ve never heard a fighter say that, then I question whether or not you even keep up with the sport. Even casuals should have.

hum you know both left UFC right ? these not top guys .. lol

And why is UFC any different?

Leon vs Belal ended via eye poke
I think you missed the title fight between Aljo and Sterling LOL
Anders/Steward also ended via illegal knee

And this was all in 2021 so far. It's the same shit show

The UFC didn't just get a cable deal in the states... Also Aljo and Sterling are the same person.

Back