PBP UFC Fight Night 242 - Burns vs. Brady Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 9/7 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peek to bare knuckle please. Don't think his ceiling is very high for MMA with the way he over commits with his hands. At least in bare knuckle the fight will always be where he can employ his weapons.
Shitty fight, Peeks clearly not ever going to be a contender but wish UFC puts him in with guys who have his style. It's clear if you're testing his skill, any grappler will grind him out. He's a fun fighter.
thing is Ashmouz has shit striking. If Peek had a little better takedown defense he would have beat him easily. Also Ashmouz wrestling isn't even elite level at lw. Many better guys than him in that department. That's why I'm saying both of them are destined to remain outside the top 10

So neither of these guys could improve and possibly make it into the top 10 at some point? Because they aren't world beaters right now they are destined for journeyman status?

Jesus.. lol..

I'll have to try that if I'm ever in that unfortunate situation. Fortunately my refrigerator game is strong!
If you take a bunch of ice and salt it , put your can of beer in that it's ice cold in 5 minutes.

Thanks bud. Recovery took about two years. Might sound bizarre but it turned out it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I was living life way too fast. Reckless. It forced me to slow down. During the physical therapy I learned to meditate. To handle the pain. I'd had a friend who broke his neck in a diving accident. While visiting him in the hospital a nurse told me that most broken necks are guys in their twenties, and are from skiing or diving. I'm fortunate to not be one of them. Honestly man, I've taken things slower ever since. Learned to snowboard at a very slow pace. I never do anything any more that might cause me to be in the air while off balance. Blows my mind seeing some of the gymnasts or even football player diving through the air. Much respect to all athletes who push their bodies and show us what humans can accomplish. With my wreck I learned a little more about humility and appreciating every day.
Very good to hear. A lot of people that have a near death experience often appreciate life much more afterwards and are more humble about it. I think when you're young you just want to have fun fun fun fun and don't really think of the danger.

Yeah its so dangerous anyone who does those type of risks, one little mistake and you could be paralyzed, or even worse. Thats why I never say WWF is fake or say anything negative about it, because yes the winner might be pre-determined, however you still have to do the moves, you still have to fly a lot and some of the moves are so risky, if you miss-time it by a second you could easily break your neck, land on your head and be severely paralyzed, its dangerous.

Still fighting like he was on the regionals. Feel like he's going to be one of those guys who never really adjusts his style.
Nothing wrong with this just UFC needs to book him properly

That's fine. There are better fighters. That doesn't mean they suck. Fighting is hard. Ashmouz' striking is competent. His wrestling is solid. It was enough to beat Peek who is one dimensional.

Do they suck compared to the average guy training in the gym? No. Do they suck compared to the top 10? Yes It's all relative
Do the Charlotte Hornets not suck just because they'd wipe the floor against streetballers?

Do they suck compared to the average guy training in the gym? No. Do they suck compared to the top 10? Yes It's all relative
Do the Charlotte Hornets not suck just because they'd wipe the floor against streetballers?

<Prem973>

qDUhhVx.gif
heres me from Woodstock 99 documentary lol
Sweet JanSport!

Schnell deserves alot of credit for having the success he did in his career beating guys like Smolka, Nam and one of the best comebacks ever against Su. Its remarkable because he has one of the worst chins I've ever seen. Feels like all his losses were brutal one shot KOs were he was asleep for a while and half of them by guys not even known for KOs. To go as far as he did, be as ranked as long as he was with that horrific chin is an accomplishment.

Back