PBP UFC Fight Night 241 - Barboza vs. Murphy Official PBP Discussion: Sat 5/18 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Murphy looking average af… point fighting, pedestrian grappling, zero killer instinct. Poor mans Arnold Allen at best.

On a good note, great to see Yanez back though, that’s how you make a statement.

Edson needs to work with Aldo on tightening up his boxing and head movement. Get his head moving off line and using more footwork.

Great fight by Murphy.

I had a great bounce back this card.

I disagreed with the judging in the first fight. Doesn’t matter though, because Rodriguez went full retard, and got DQd.

It would really suck if only one of those things happened. Because then I’d be 11/12 and either the judging (imo), or DQ would have been my only incorrect pick of the card.

But I’m pretty happy with 10/12.

110359-4127590.png

Damn it, hugged the last minute and a half. Was hoping for some Holloway vs Gaethje at least in the last 10 seconds. Smart performance by Murphy, switched stances to save his leg and wrestled anytime Barboza clipped him.

Barboza looking a little older. Also those shots in the early rounds really made him gunshy for the remainder of the match.

Great fight by Murphy.

I had a great bounce back this card.

I disagreed with the judging in the first fight. Doesn’t matter though, because Rodriguez went full retard, and got DQd.

It would really suck if only one of those things happened. Because then I’d be 11/12 and either the judging (imo), or DQ would have been my only incorrect pick of the card.

But I’m pretty happy with 10/12.

110359-4127590.png
Mad Respect

Unexpected perfomance. Similar domination like Topuria against Emmett.

lol stop. Topuria took zero damage in that fight and bounced Emmett’s head off the canvas like a playoff NBA game multiple times.

Murphys grappling was ugly and ineffective, no pop to his strikes, and he panic wrestled everytime he got hit with a big strike.

This performance was average at best.

Murphy looking average af… point fighting, pedestrian grappling, zero killer instinct. Poor mans Arnold Allen at best.

On a good note, great to see Yanez back though, that’s how you make a statement.

Yanez after getting absolutely fucking murdered by Font and then bludgeoned by Martinez: "Glad to see him back, making a statement."

Murphy who's undefeated, and just earned a rank but didn't get a finish: "He sucks!".

Never change Suredawg, lol.

English MMA is really on a role. These guys are popping up in every division
They've certainly come a LONG way from the days when competent wrestlers just crushed them. They've got complete games these days. Always had good strikers, but really putting it all together these days.

This is the difference between fighting a really low level guy and fighting an extremely durable, very dangerous top 15 opponent.

Back