UFC Fight Night 172 Eye vs. Calvillo

Not to be an asshole, but if you don't have kids you really have no idea. We don't know the specifics of this week. His son's health issues are obviously widely publicized and no secret, but if his son is having a bad week or whatever, Borg might feel that he simply needs to be there for his kid. It's easy to say "You need to stay and earn money" from the outside.

Again, I'm not saying this to start a fight or be a dick. Thankfully my daughter has never had serious health issues. But last year she had really acute abdominal pain in the night and I'm telling you I freaked the fuck out. Though maybe an appendix rupturing (even though the location seemed a bit off) or I didn't know what the hell it was. But what's normally a 20 minute drive to the hospital I did in 9 minutes (was 2 am so nobody on the roads but I was doing 100 mph most of the way). Turns out it wasn't anything serious at all, but when your kid is in trouble there is nothing, NOTHING you won't do to try to make it even a little better. That's the most scared I've been in my life, including the one time I had a loaded weapon pointed at me.

Sorry for the rant. Borg has had issues with pulling out of fights even before his son was born, I realize that. But on this and with how serious his son's condition is, he gets a pass from me.

I lost my daughter in March and I completely agree with your post. Family first and this statement is particularly meaningful when you lose someone you love. Respect to him

DC on commentary tonight. Maybe a guy in a suit will have told him to be a bit more professional later? If not then MUTE.

Added Ivy fight to start RD 2 and to end in KO. Aguilar never subbed, been Koed 4 times, he is heavy handed and has a ton of Kos.
Ivy has a crazy gass tank and Kos opponents later in on with gnp.

This card got me playing like a degenerate.

I lost my daughter in March and I completely agree with your post. Family first and this statement is particularly meaningful when you lose someone you love. Respect to him

Condolences brother, my heart absolutely aches for you. You've experienced something no human should ever have to.

Sorry to hear that man. No man deserves that pain. Glad you are here in the sherdog community. Family is first. I was no fan of Ray Borg until I heard everything he’s had to go thru and is still fighting, it’s amazing he’s still going. You sir continue your good fight and make your daughter proud.

I think the only way Lopez pulls off the miracle is with a hail mary sub like Simon did vs Merab. We know Merab will take him down and there will be a lot of grappling exchanges. Most likely, it's ragdoll city and Lopez has no answers. But IF he somehow wins, I have to think it will be by Merab making a little mistake and Lopez finding a choke of some kind. Maybe the kid really does have pretty high level bjj...?

Lopez sub +1515 very small to go with Merab dec -150

I think the only way Lopez pulls off the miracle is with a hail mary sub like Simon did vs Merab. We know Merab will take him down and there will be a lot of grappling exchanges. Most likely, it's ragdoll city and Lopez has no answers. But IF he somehow wins, I have to think it will be by Merab making a little mistake and Lopez finding a choke of some kind. Maybe the kid really does have pretty high level bjj...?

I played him by KO. 15.00 odds is insane. Kid can crack, and I noticed in that Kenny fight Merab has average defence. Someone will punish him eventually

I played him by KO. 15.00 odds is insane. Kid can crack, and I noticed in that Kenny fight Merab has average defence. Someone will punish him eventually

Good odds. I think sub maybe slightly more possible just due to the fact Merab will likely not stand with him very long. But...every round starts standing so always a chance at a KO. Odds for KO are +1200 on 5d vs +1515 for sub so easy choice for me, esp based on how Simon caught that guilotine.

Sorry to hear that man. No man deserves that pain. Glad you are here in the sherdog community. Family is first. I was no fan of Ray Borg until I heard everything he’s had to go thru and is still fighting, it’s amazing he’s still going. You sir continue your good fight and make your daughter proud.

Thanks man.

I have to say this dispute liking just two underdogs this fight card is a tough cookie. There are at least some fights which are a pick them. And them main fight start fight match of the evening Ivy vs the Beast hm should be a banger. But Would be the underdog taking the first win or Ivy? i have being going back and forth to this fight.

Ivy does have the height advantage though while the beast has the knockout chance as well. The first fight of the night wont be a decision one thats for sure.

I have to say this dispute liking just two underdogs this fight card is a tough cookie. There are at least some fights which are a pick them. And them main fight start fight match of the evening Ivy vs the Beast hm should be a banger. But Would be the underdog taking the first win or Ivy? i have being going back and forth to this fight.

Ivy does have the height advantage though while the beast has the knockout chance as well. The first fight of the night wont be a decision one thats for sure.
I got only Espinosa and Vettori, this card sucks bad. Im not even watching it

I got only Espinosa and Vettori, this card sucks bad. Im not even watching it
I am only going to make maybe three bets but safe bets other then that the first fight of the night is not a safe lock one for betting bet carefully tonight. Remember last week? we had thought that there would be no underdogs under what we all thought that Hooper would win to and other favorites to.

Of course Nunes easily won and saving my night of bet. While Hooper killed me on my other bets.

Personally Note: I do love the fight card next week its a much better one.

I'm sorta leaning Merab ITD slightly, I think his pace might be too much to handle for a short notice regional fighter. When he eats 20 takedowns he may just collapse and get finished on the ground in some shape or form in the later rounds.

My only 2 solid leans are Aguilar and Espinosa.

Stupid card for betting....

I am on C Aguilera the smaller cage could work in his favor this is a 50/50 fight.

Back