UFC: Does the Promotion Finally See What It Has in Cris Cyborg?

Where is the proof of her as a PED user? Steroid use, don't bullshit me about a diuretic.
And no, jaw lines, muscles and all you want to see is not proof. Scientific proof. Failed test for anabolics?

When was his last test failed and how many times has she been tested since?

You're right, she never tested positive for steroids.

Only a weight cutting agent, so that she could fight much smaller women. Good thing size is rarely an advantage.

And the fact you said "his" is why there are so many steroid allegations.

Please explain to me why you're defending a fighter so desperate to fight smaller girls, a fighter who has tested positive for banned substances.

Didn't Cyborg turn down a fight with Germaine de Randamie?
Randamie was scheduled to fight in her hometown of Rotterdam. The UFC talked to her about fighting Cyborg at UFC 201 in Atlanta, instead. Randamie wanted to stay on the Rotterdam card to fight in front of her mother on Mother's Day. At the Rotterdam post-fight conference, she was asked about a potential Cyborg fight and stated she is more interested in a 135 title run but, "I would love to fight anybody, and Cyborg, of course."

Article posted May 10

http://www.mmaweekly.com/germaine-d...s-cyborg-wants-to-make-run-at-135-pound-title

Cyborg, upon hearing the rumor, took to her twitter account stating, "My next fight will be at my weight, at 145 lbs, title defense at Invicta FC. Catchweight only Ronda Rousey or Miesha Tate."

I dont think its hate, people just dont give a fuck.

Shes a fighter without a division calling out girls in the division below and refusing to fight the people in her division.

This sums her up

I disagree with what you said. And people do give a fuck, otherwise you wouldn't see dozens of posts reaching and claiming she got clowned by Jorina Baars and whatnot. I think she's also one of the few fighters you can slander freely around here. She made her mistakes, but people are continuously accusing her without further evidence. Not to mention the constant attacks on her appearance. Also there are some accounts entirely dedicated to trash Cyborg and that only show up in her threads. All fighters have haters, but usually there is some balance between haters/fans.

Rather than see,theyd know what they had if she made 135. No one wants to fight a one and done match with Cyborg in catch weight limbo when they can get the title at 135 instead. In that,ever woman in the UFC except the girl whose ear exploded are similar to Rousey's original assessment on wether it was worth it or not.

Only a weight cutting agent, so that she could fight much smaller women. Good thing size is rarely an advantage.

So whats Stanozolol then?

Its an anabolic steroid.

Where is the proof of her as a PED user? Steroid use, don't bullshit me about a diuretic.

What diuretic did she test positive for???????

She tested positive for Stanozolol (Winstrol). its 100% a steroid.

talk about repeat it often enough and it becomes truth...

1. She's not a draw

2. She's a steroid cheater and looks like it

3. She only fights undersized cans

4. She's a liar

5. The UFC now realizes she's not a draw after UFC 198 only did 325,000 buys and that's why she's headlining a free show this time.

6. She needs to shut up or make weight.
This sums it up. The article alludes that people love to see her fight. What numbers indicate this? Also, she is headlining a free card. If it does well, maybe the UFC will change their tune and promote her more, but we will see.

No you idiot.

It's wasting 4 billion so let's make some money back, and give this Cyborg some easy fights, and her own division soon with her own belt so we can hype her up and then one day try and get the 135 fighter fight against the 145 fighter because right now they are too scared.

What diuretic did she test positive for???????

She tested positive for Stanozolol (Winstrol). its 100% a steroid.

talk about repeat it often enough and it becomes truth...

I brought the diuretics because people here always confuse stuff.
I know that you know your stuff and so, she tested positive 4 years ago for a steroid used to lose fat while keeping the lean muscle. It's not like she injected herself for years to build up muscle and strenght.

"talk about repeat it often enough and it becomes truth..." That is why I critizice the people who love to point the finger at her. It's too hard to accept that she is talented and we all make mistakes. JBJ is the best example at the moment, but hey, no one is erasing him as the P4P due to that

Please explain to me why you're defending a fighter so desperate to fight smaller girls, a fighter who has tested positive for banned substances.

Because of the double standard between men and women
I said his because I made a typo. Don't go Freud on me lol

Cyborg the greatest...... who never fought noone crushes cans

It's not like she injected herself for years to build up muscle and strength.

It isn't?

It seems unlikely, given her size, strength and leanness that she got busted on the only chemical she ever touched.

We'll never know for sure, but if we're making reasonable assessments - I'd lean towards that not being the only drug she's taken or the only time she's taken it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...motion-finally-see-what-it-has-in-cris-cyborg

hi-res-5a2e461cd1992f772aa0b569f3a6a41d_crop_north.jpg

Never in the history of MMA has a promotion been so reluctant to accept a contracted fighter’s stardom as the UFC was to accept that of Cris “Cyborg” Justino.

Obsessively selling the sport—both the male and female wings—as Ronda Rousey’s took plenty of time and money, and until she was blasted into obscurity by a Holly Holm head kick in November 2015, there was no room for anyone else.

Now, with Rousey gone for the better part of a year and with no return in sight, and with the bantamweight division she once ruled left in a state of flux, the UFC has been forced to accept that Rousey’s greatest foil might be the best female attraction it has got going.

So it goes Cyborg is getting another UFC fight, and this time, she’s a headliner. If nothing else, the sport makes strange bedfellows sometimes.

When Rousey ruled the roost, Cyborg was forced to the margins as an afterthought. She was afraid to come to bantamweight. She didn’t deserve a title shot because she was a PED user. She was Wanderlei Silva in a dress.

People want to see me fight in the @UFC but the only girls who want to fight me fight at 145. I'm the most ducked fighter in wmma history
— Cris Cyborg (@criscyborg) July 23, 2016

Anything the UFC and its golden goose could concoct to downplay Cyborg as a legitimate threat—and make no mistake, she always was a legitimate threat to Rousey—was done, and it was done without morals or scruples or any particular degree of tact.

Even the most ardent pro-UFC folks couldn’t support the president, Dana White, slandering a female fighter for her appearance, and top Rousey boosters couldn’t honestly say they thought Cyborg would be a cakewalk if they’d ever seen her fight.

The Brazilian is a terror in the most complimentary sense of the word. She’s graceful in her barbarity, a perpetual masterclass of technique backed up by a stopping power that almost no one in the sport can match. She’s animalistic in how she stalks prey and finishes with swift, vicious flurries. It’s a gift; it’s beautiful to the eye that’s looking around the busted noses and bleeding faces it produces.

So with Rousey more Hollywood than haymakers, the UFC has given Justino a shot. She showed up in Brazil at a UFC event, made 140 pounds and made hamburger meat out of Leslie Smith in a minute flat.

People loved it.

She was instantly a hero in her homeland, producing Octagon thrills the nation hasn’t felt since the days of a TRT-infused Vitor Belfort punting heads into the Amazon like so many soccer balls lost at a Flamengo training session.

Now she’s going back, and she’s bringing a headliner’s hell with her.

The UFC recently announced she’d be the marquee name at UFC Fight Night 95 in Brasilia in September, the type of thing that’s bound to get her country worked into a lather. Anyone who likes short main events that are rich with carnage are probably happy too, as poor Lina Lansberg is the UFC debutant drawing the assignment as Cyborg’s sacrifice. Lansberg’s 6-1 against people you’ve never heard of, and unless she is made of cast iron, you can’t like her chances.

It leads one to the conclusion that the UFC finally, in spite of itself, may understand what it has in Cris Cyborg.

She’s among the most entertaining fighters in MMA, male or female, and she has the same aura of invincibility Rousey did—only it’s been maintained for twice as long. She can carry a card and people would watch all over the world, plus she bolsters a Brazilian market that’s been flagging and can’t possibly be looking up given the publicity surrounding the Rio Olympics.

It’s a good look for the UFC and for Justino. She can be the star the promotion always wanted, even if it didn’t want to acknowledge it had her.

---

FINALLY Cyborg is starting to get the recognition she deserves. Can't wait till UFC Brasilia! Ronda WK squad triggered in 3 - 2 - 1...

She's GOAT but will never be a star. Unfortunately unless you're a typically hot looking female athlete no one cares.

If dethroning Carano, who was prolly a bigger name than Roussey, got her nowhere, I doubt she'll ever be a star or draw.

I'm a fan but its just how the game works.

This is why the UFC has made no push w her and is aftraid to have her smash their champs.

It isn't?

It seems unlikely, given her size, strength and leanness that she got busted on the only chemical she ever touched.

We'll never know for sure, but if we're making reasonable assessments - I'd lean towards that not being the only drug she's taken or the only time she's taken it.

I'm sure there's other who do same thing and don't get the results.

She technical, well-rounded and her power is off the charts for WMMA. It's amazing in spite the positive testing.

I think she'd be a strong girl irregardless.

She fights cans in a division nobody gives a shit about. She's a known PED user that's afraid to drop four more pounds of PED muscle, and make some attempt to legitimize her claims of being "the best."

Honestly, its a Brazilian headlining an event in Brazil. I wouldn't read too deeply into it.

If it's "only" four pounds of muscle how is it giving her such a huge advantage ?

Back