UFC cutting Josh Thompson is a travesty... wtf!

shinbone28

White Belt
Reaction score
He used to be like top 2 or 3 in the division..

The guy goes to a split decision with Gilbert Melendez.

And he destroys Nate Diaz.. then loses a tough close fight against Benson Henderson... no shame in that.

The only person who actually dominated/destroyed Josh Thompson was Tony Ferguson, and Tony is almost undefeated in the UFC, and on a huge winning streak, pretty much a fight or two away from a title shot, with a record of 11-1 in his last 12 fights (with his only loss being a decision where he broke his arm in the 1st round)... excuse me but what is the shame in that?

other than that, his other decisions were all very close and arguable.

Why the hell did he get cut? is it cuz he lost to Tony? if so thats messed up i dont understand the shame

He didn't get cut. He got offered a better deal that the UFC didn't match.

They didn't cut him. He was 0-3 in his last three, and his contract was up. UFC offered him money, Bellator offered him more, and UFC didn't match it. That's it. Get your facts straight with your fake account before you troll post here again.

He took a better offer where he can be a champ

They didn't cut him. He was 0-3 in his last three, and his contract was up. UFC offered him money, Bellator offered him more, and UFC didn't match it. That's it. Get your facts straight with your fake account before you troll post here again.

boom

36 years old, 4 losses in last five (split decisions or not, a loss is a loss). Righteous cut. He should go to Bellator where the competition is easier and he can get more sponsor money.

I always wonder how different his career would have been if he wasn't made of glass.

Can I have your account please TS?

Damn, 2 posts in 11 years, impressive.

They should have, the guy is a top fighter.

Not matching Bellator's probably low offer is essentially cutting him without directly cutting him

He wanted to go to bellator to joinh is friends Scott Coker and Bob.

I always wonder how different his career would have been if he wasn't made of glass.

Umm, have you watched any of his fights? Very durable just gets hurt sometimes... He hasn't been finished in 11 years buddy.

36 years old, 4 losses in last five (split decisions or not, a loss is a loss). Righteous cut. He should go to Bellator where the competition is easier and he can get more sponsor money.

Uhh wasnt Benson ranked like #1? and it was a close fight

Melendez was top 3 as well, and it was a split decision.

the Green fight was even closer

The ferguson fight was one sided but ferguson is good and new generation.

muhooo haha

Cut? Did u even read his interview or the story? I'm gonna assume u didn't....so guys when a fighter on the fight skid goes to bellator that means he got cut

He wasn't cut. He didn't like the level opponents he was losing to, didn't like the sponsorship stuff, didn't like the pay he was given and chose to walk away. Good for him.

Uhh wasnt Benson ranked like #1? and it was a close fight

Melendez was top 3 as well, and it was a split decision.

the Green fight was even closer

The ferguson fight was one sided but ferguson is good and new generation.

Excuses, excuses, excuses and more excuses.

None of it changes the fact that he's 36 and on a major skid. Him "used to" being top 2-3 in the division is utterly irrelevant. He isn't any more, the UFC offered him an amount based on his worth, Bellator offered him more and the UFC didn't match because he's not worth that much to them, absolutely nothing wrong, end of story.

Back