News UFC commissioned its own study on fighter pay

Take identical twins in their athletic prime.

One is paid enough to be a full time fighter - their only job is preparing for fights. Regimented daily discipline and cross-discipline training. High quality food and rest is budgeted appropriately in their schedule. Its OK to travel long distance for weeks at a time to the best facilities like ATT for fight camp.

The other twin is paid 12k to show. They work a full time day job to pay their bills and train in the evening and weekends as they can fit it in.

Which one will have a better performance?

If I'm paying $80 a card to a company bringing in over a billion in revenue each year, I don't want to see guys who are poorly prepared, working side jobs and taking short notice fights in desperation. This is the big leagues and I want and expect see professional athletes. With the current revenue split, we are getting cheated for the money.

The other twin 100%, the first twin would get that silver spoon shoved up his ass and sent running back crying to mommy and daddy. This is cage fighting, not golf.

The other twin 100%, the first twin would get that silver spoon shoved up his ass and sent running back crying to mommy and daddy. This is cage fighting, not golf.

Despite what you saw in karate movies, in the real world sports science is real and training professionally out performs the made up version in your head.

It's very simple, most sport leagues athletes had to do it. They just need to ban together and get a judge to rule they are either independent contractors or employees. Then from there they can form an association and union or just a union depending on what the court rules them as. Then they can have a seat at the table. Until then nothing will ever change. Even the current lawsuit isn't going to force the UFC to change there business practices drastically when it comes to paying individual fighters or even very much on the every day business side of things.

Most major sports it took decades of them operating before the athletes had enough. None of these leagues out of the goodness of there heart is going to come anywhere near 50% split without being forced to do it. No employer on any level just pays extra to there employees to complete the task at hand even though many could pay them much more. It's a combination of the employee and market place that sets the rate. If the market is saying that job pays between 18 and 20 bucks an hour and you are employer looking for a new employee you probably will have to pay them 18 to 20 bucks an hour or maybe even a buck or two over the average to right candidate. You aren't going to just say, I can afford $35 bucks so I'll just do that. Business is business and point is profits in most cases.
How old are you?

How old are you?
What fantasy world do you live in that you think a multi billion dollar sports entity is just going to over pay its athletes when they don't have to??

On top of it a publicly traded company.

This happens over and over in sports. It's only up to the athletes to change it. Almost every sport the athletes got taking advantage of and eventually they banned together to change. It wasn't the leagues/owners that put together the athletes associations and unions. No one said it would be easy but you got to at least start somewhere.

Like I originally said, at what point do you just throw your hands up and stop blaming the UFC for doing what the UFC does(or any business) and blame the only people that can change it, the fighters and the people that represent them.

Last edited:
What fantasy world do you live in that you think a multi billion dollar sports entity is just going to over pay its athletes when they don't have to??

On top of it a publicly traded company.

This happens over and over in sports. It's only up to the athletes to change it. Almost every sport the athletes got taking advantage of and eventually they banned together to change. It wasn't the leagues/owners that put together the athletes associations and unions. No one said it would be easy but you got to at least start somewhere.

Like I originally said, at what point do you just throw your hands up and stop blaming the UFC for doing what the UFC does(or any business) and blame the only people that can change it, the fighters and the people that represent them.
You answered my question.

Anyone who funds their own study is dodgy
If you pay an objective, outside firm to do it with no input or control once it's commissioned, and they list their methodology for anyone to examine, it can be legit.

But, yeah, the possibility of commissioning a sham report definitely crossed my mind. Since this report confirmed what others are saying and wasn't what the UFC wanted, I'd be more inclined to trust that it's legit.

God.
I don't know how many times this has to be explained to you cucks.
Dana offered him 15 million to fight in MMA sanctioned bouts. Not allowing him to fight in a completely different sport.
PFL was dumb enough (just like all of you burger flippers) to give into whatever Francis wanted.
And guess what? He's never fighting for the PFL.
PFL got "outfoxed".
Dana and the UFC dodged a bullet by not signing him.
You Francis Ngannou cucks are embarrassing yourselves
Citation needed for your claim that Francis is never fighting for the PFL

The promoter keeping 84% of the total gross from the fights?

Bullshit.
Don’t bring up numbers, dude. You’re not an accountant for the UFC. You know absolutely nothing about the company. NOTHING. Just sit back and enjoy the fights, dude. Don’t make it into anything more. It’s just gonna make you look like a whiner.

Don’t bring up numbers, dude. You’re not an accountant for the UFC. You know absolutely nothing about the company. NOTHING. Just sit back and enjoy the fights, dude. Don’t make it into anything more. It’s just gonna make you look like a whiner.

Its a public company, they have financial filings. Prior to that they also had publicly published EBITA and revenues because their debt required credit rating. Setting all that aside, we know their financials to the penny as a result of discovery in the class action lawsuit.

You don't even know what you don't know, pipe down when the adults are talking.

Its a public company, they have financial filings. Prior to that they also had publicly published EBITA and revenues because their debt required credit rating. Setting all that aside, we know their financials to the penny as a result of discovery in the class action lawsuit.

You don't even know what you don't know, pipe down when the adults are talking.

Whine on, little baby.

You don't have the basic financial literacy to know what EBITA is. That isn't whining, I'm saying you're too stupid to have this conversation with.

LOL. You have no idea what my “financial literacy” is.

You ARE whining.

Quit worrying about other people’s finances. It’s absolutely none of your business. There’s not one fighter that gives a shit about you or anybody who posts here’s paycheck.

Back