UFC Champs vs Bellator Champs

Exactly what it says on the tin. If you had a crossover card with both champ fighting each other who would win?

Bader vs Cormier? - HW
Bader vs Jones? - LHW
Mousasi vs Whitaker - MW
Macdonald vs Usman - WW
Freire vs Khabib - LW
Freire vs Holloway - FW
Horiguchi vs Cejudo - BW

What's your picks?

HW-Tossup
LHW-Jones
MW-Mousasi
WW-Marty
LW-Khabib
FW-Holloway
BW-Tossup

Cormier
Jones
Gegard
Usman
Khabib
Holloway
Cejudo
Cejudo

I would favor the UFC champs at every division except for 185. However, I'd love to see Horiguchi at 125 or 135 against DJ in a rematch or Cejudo though. He has improved so much since his UFC exodus. Caldwell is just as tough as anyone and Horiguchi defeated him twice. Also, Bellator has some brilliant prospects -- AJ McKee, Rafael Lovato, Neiman Gracie, Ed Ruth, etc all have tons of potential.

Edit -- Mousasi VS Aresanya would be a technical marvel. I'd love that fight.
Looking past Bobby knux a bit there mate.

Looking past Bobby knux a bit there mate.
You may be right -- Mousasi tends to struggle with pressure fighters and Bobby Knuckles brings the ruckus. I hope his knees hold up and he comes back strong. He's brilliant in the cage, one of the most underrated champs in the sport imo

Only Moose and Rory have a chance and both prob lose.

It probably end up like with the strikeforce merger where the strikeforce champs or the contenders all end up being ufc champs and now all the ufc guys that were champs are fighting in freak show fights, except gsp of course.

Horiguchi is the only one that's a pickem' fight.

Rory, Mousasi, and Pitbull have a chance but I think they're unfavored.

You may be right -- Mousasi tends to struggle with pressure fighters and Bobby Knuckles brings the ruckus. I hope his knees hold up and he comes back strong. He's brilliant in the cage, one of the most underrated champs in the sport imo
Bobby is a dude who can win despite what people may think. Just tough as hell and finds a way to win.

Only two are competitive imo

Mousasi vs Whittaker's pick em
Cejudo vs Horiguchi- favor Cejudo cause of wrestling and boxing

Freire is very talented but Max is so big and pretty much can't be stopped. Freire couldn't keep a fast enough pace to beat Max. He'd get drowned in the later rounds.

DC tools Bader
Jones tools Bader
Khabib ragdolling Pitbull
Marty ragdolls Rory

Bobby is a dude who can win despite what people may think. Just tough as hell and finds a way to win.
Yeah for sure, underrated as hell on the ground as well -- I hope he shows that wrinkle of his game against Aresanya. He's very good everywhere, not to mention probably giving up size at 185.

Clean sweep for the UFC. The most competitive on paper is Moose vs Whittaker, but I still have Whittaker in that bout. Great matchup though. Absolute prime Rory could maybe beat Usman, but I think Usman takes it at this point in Rory’s career.

Last edited:
Mousasi is the only one on this list that would beat their UFC champ.

Rory is old and broken.

Cejudo vs. Horiguchi has pretty much become my biggest dream fight this year. It'd be the closest of the ones listed.

Whittaker/Moose would be great too.

Bader has looked his best at HW. Wouldn’t favor him but I’d give him a shot at landing a bomb on a 40-year-old DC.

I'd have to go

Cormier
Jones
Mousasi
Usman (That's incredibly tough though)
Khabib
Holloway (Another hard one)
Horiguchi (Again a difficult one but Horiguchi get's it done imo)

Usman over no-nose Rory isn't hard at all. 41-year old Fitch outwrestled Rory and took him to a draw, and Gracie both took Rory down multiple times and hung with him in the stand-up. Usman 49-46 on all 3 cards. And Cejudo wins as well. MW is the only question mark, largely because Whittaker has been so inactive.

Usman over no-nose Rory isn't hard at all. 41-year old Fitch outwrestled Rory and took him to a draw, and Gracie both took Rory down multiple times and hung with him in the stand-up. Usman 49-46 on all 3 cards. And Cejudo wins as well. MW is the only question mark, largely because Whittaker has been so inactive.
Also, potential upset on the cards with Rafael Lovato junior vs moose this weekend

Back