UFC Champs vs Bellator Champs

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Exactly what it says on the tin. If you had a crossover card with both champ fighting each other who would win?

Bader vs Cormier? - HW
Bader vs Jones? - LHW
Mousasi vs Whitaker - MW
Macdonald vs Usman - WW
Freire vs Khabib - LW
Freire vs Holloway - FW
Horiguchi vs Cejudo - BW

What's your picks?

BW and MW are the only ones that are competitive. UFC champs probably win the rest.

I think I'd actually favor horiguchi over cejudo and mousasi vs Whitaker is 50-50 for me.

I'd have to go

Cormier
Jones
Mousasi
Usman (That's incredibly tough though)
Khabib
Holloway (Another hard one)
Horiguchi (Again a difficult one but Horiguchi get's it done imo)

Cormier
Jones
Moose
McDonald (although not fully convinced)
Khabib
Holloway
Cejudo

UFC
Bellator

Only have Moose winning for Bellator

Exactly what it says on the tin. If you had a crossover card with both champ fighting each other who would win?

Bader vs Cormier? - HW
Bader vs Jones? - LHW
Mousasi vs Whitaker - MW
Macdonald vs Usman - WW
Freire vs Khabib - LW
Freire vs Holloway - FW
Horiguchi vs Cejudo - BW

What's your picks?

Cormier beats Bader but its CLOSE
Jones beats Bader but its CLOSE
Mousasi beats Whittaker
Usman beats Rory
Khabib beats Freire
Holloway beats Freire
Cejudo beats Horiguchi but its CLOSE.

Ryan Bader is at the top of his game and has looked like a beast lately. Although I picked Jones and Cormier. I could easily see Bader winning a close decision against either guy. He's in his absolute prime.

Apart from LHW & HW, they'd all be decent fights. I'd have Mous and Horiguchi winning, possibly Pitbull over Hollaway maybe....

Bader being HW and LHW champ shows how thin their roster is. But they're getting there. Good fights.

Maybe Mousasi can win. The rest is UFC and I can't see them close. Jones already beat Bader easily. (Both are younger)

Cormier beats Bader but its CLOSE
Jones beats Bader but its CLOSE

Mousasi beats Whittaker
Usman beats Rory
Khabib beats Freire
Holloway beats Freire
Cejudo beats Horiguchi but its CLOSE.

Ryan Bader is at the top of his game and has looked like a beast lately. Although I picked Jones and Cormier. I could easily see Bader winning a close decision against either guy. He's in his absolute prime.

Seriously? BADER? Those two fights would be over so quickly people would forget they'd ever happened.

The UFC wins all of them with Mousasi vs Whittaker and Cejudo vs Horiguchi being the closest fights. The Bellator double champs (Bader/Pitbull) get stomped the worst, in all honesty, even though I love Patricio Pitbull.

Cejudo vs Horiguchi. I had no idea I wanted to see that fight. Holy shit.

Amanda Nunes vs Julia Budd?
Valentina Shevchenko vs Ilima-Lei Macfarlane?

DC
Jones
Mousasi
Rory- 2 years ago I’d ave been more confident
Khabib
Max
Horiguchi

The UFC wins all of them with Mousasi vs Whittaker and Cejudo vs Horiguchi being the closest fights. The Bellator double champs (Bader/Pitbull) get stomped the worst, in all honesty, even though I love Patricio Pitbull.

I was going to add in the females but didn't really know anything about them and saw the Bellator Strawweight champion had never even defended them haha.

Bader vs Cormier? - HW
Bader vs Jones? - LHW
Mousasi vs Whitaker - MW
Macdonald vs Usman - WW
Freire vs Khabib - LW
Freire vs Holloway - FW
Horiguchi vs Cejudo - BW

What's your picks?
Only Bellator fighter I like is possibly Mouse but I think it's 50-50. I also think that guys with strong wrestling and top game can control Mouse. Jacare, Rockhold (if he is MW), Yoel etc. probably beat Mouse. Mouse in the mix at MW but not champ in UFC (top 5).

Apart from LHW & HW, they'd all be decent fights. I'd have Mous and Horiguchi winning, possibly Pitbull over Hollaway maybe....

Bader being HW and LHW champ shows how thin their roster is. But they're getting there. Good fights.
Yeah but when Jones was gone DC was the LHW champ when he became the HW champ as well so doesn't that also show how thin the UFC roster is? (Or was anyway).

I'm surprised you give no chance to Pitbull.
Despite of being undersized af, I think he could give Max a tougher fight than punching bag Ortega.

The way you put it, UFC wins... Except for Holloway vs Pitbull. Pitbull and Cejudo are training partners and very special athletes.

No matter what your opinion of the outcome is, I think most ppl will agree that most of these fights would be competitive. Bellator is not some 2nd rate garbage bin anymore. They got legit champs and good fights.

Yeah but when Jones was gone DC was the LHW champ when he became the HW champ as well so doesn't that also show how thin the UFC roster is? (Or was anyway).

I see your point. At HW you may have a point. But without DC, you still have JDS, Ngannou and Stipe. a few others just below them too ... all of those guys murder Bader.

And with LHW, you still had Gus, AJ and, again, Smith and Santos now . . Those guys also beat Bader ..

The fact that the UFC LHW and HW Has been held by the same man, who was handily beaten by by his own predecessor (Jones) doesn't point out the thinness of the roster, but more the quality of the athlete.

I don't think you can say the same about Bader being CHamp/Champ in Bellator

Sorry, it doesn't matter how you polish the turd of a fact that an orgs HW champ is Ryan Bader . . . Their HW champ is still Ryan Bader...

Seriously? BADER? Those two fights would be over so quickly people would forget they'd ever happened.
No two fights are ever alike. (If I've learned anything from mastering ufc 2009 undisputed I've learned that) Although Jones might run through him again, it's very possible the rematch could go the (competitive) distance. (This game is exactly how I predicted Henry would upset DJ, 'cause I know world class competition can whoop up on a guy only to get beat in the very next fight, three minutes later. IRL is no different. Bader beat OSP! Osp took Jones the distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back