UFC caters to basement dwellers...

Thank god the main card starts at 7:30 am for me.

This is why it's great to be a UFC fan in Australia. The main card usually starts at 10am on a Sunday morningand you have the rest of the afternoon and evening to chill out. Would recommend.

I don't know how UK fans stay up till the early hours of the morning to watch a card.
Coming over to Australia to watch UFC.

I've said it a million times, the UFC should do a minor league with weekly cards where fighters earn their way to the UFC.

DWCS, TUF, LFA, Invicta...???

Can confirm.

I am a neckbeard living in my mommy's basement, jerking off and eating cheetos until 4 am, and then sleeping til noon, and I love me some UFC.
Surely you are pounding copious amounts of mountain dew while your at it. If not your just a poser. imo

DWCS, TUF, LFA, Invicta...???
We need a step in between those and the UFC is what I'm saying, or make DWCS the official minor league and push half the UFC roster down to it. I feel the UFC should be, lets say just to put a number on it, the top 10% of fighters instead of the top 30%.

We need a step in between those and the UFC is what I'm saying, or make DWCS the official minor league and push half the UFC roster down to it. I feel the UFC should be, lets say just to put a number on it, the top 10% of fighters instead of the top 30%.
sxv-wtf.gif

I don't know if they'd be able to do all that without getting absolute shit cards just to showcase a couple of good prospects. I've always considered LFA and Invicta basically feeder leagues for the UFC, and it doesn't seem like anyone watches TUF anymore, not a single thread about it this season.

Maybe if Dana did more Lookin' For A Fight episodes and put them on ESPN, but those always seem to fly under the radar. Maybe if they did an official LFAF event every month with the "minor league" fighters instead of watering down cards, that would be interesting.

Yeah went late for me where i'm on AST. Went to like almost 2:30 am my time.

I would say that UFC actually caters to the lowest rungs of society, which just happens to include the subset known as "basement dwellers." Not me, though. I'm one of the exceptions to the rule.

I don't know why but this post made me laugh like 5 times.

You can just feel the passion.

Real chads can go to bed at 1 or 2am, wake up at 7 and be ready to rock and roll and tackle the day. :cool:

I would prefer if things wrapped up much earlier too though.

Again I missed a great fight last night because I dozed off just as it was kicking off.

12 fucken fights... you get to 10:00 pm and there was still 6 fights to go, wtf? That shit dragged on til well after 1:00 am, even on the nights when I manage to stay awake for the main events by that time I'm half out and can't even get into it as much.

I guess for some neckbeard living in mommy's basement, jerking off and eating cheetos until 4 am, then sleeping til noon, this is a perfect schedule.

But if you're, you know, a somewhat healthy person, you're usually going to bed before midnight, and you're up and about by 7 am.

To make matters worse there was a couple of fights on that main card that were just complete dog shit, that fucken HW fat guy collision was pure dog shit and neither one of those dudes should get payed any money to fight, that was just embarrassing, I was sitting through that crap and because of it I was sleeping through a fight between the two top LW prospects.

Seriously, UFC should drop about 50% of it's roster immediately... all the fat HW's who gas after 2 minutes, all the Sam Alveys, the Jessica Eyes, and all the useless soccer moms... keep about 20-25 female fighters max, I figure there are about 25 with some skill, the rest is just embarrassing to watch.

All the sub par jacks of all trades who rotate wins and losses and show no promise to advance, dump them once it's obvious they're not rising thorugh the ranks, and make room for fresh potential prospects. Christos Giagos, Tafon Nchukwi, Raulian Paiva, JP Buys.... etc., seriously all due respect to these guys, but you can drop then immediately, as well as any other jobber that's picked up a bunch of losses and is obviously not rising above a certain level.

8 fights per card would be ideal, a 4 hour show in total, 4 quality prelims 8:00 to 10:00, then 4 main card fights 10:00-12:00, and it's just enough without being too much. Have an event every week, 16 fighters per event, times 52 weeks, with each fighter getting in about 3 fights per year, and your roster would look something like 300 fighters total, basically your top 20-25 for each weight class and that's it. Anyone outside that, go prove yourself in another promotion.

At least I got to see the Rakhmanov fight which is one I was really looking forward to. I'm gonna go watch Gamrot vs Tsarukyan now, but it's not the same knowing the result.

<mma1>
Yes I think realistically these cards need to be wrapped up by midnight, and that's pushing it. And you are right, the working class (especially with children) just can't stay up late and watch these fights unless it's a PPV and our schedule is clear the following day. But my daughter doesn't understand the concept of time. But I'll say, we have to consider they fight on Pacific time. So the west coast get's to enjoy more of these, while the east coast suffers.

I also believe that the roster should be cut by around 20%. I state that number since I like the variety we have, but we know there are a lot of fighters that need to go. So drop the 20% of the bottom and increase your product. Anyways...I'm a long Time fan of the ufc so I'm not going to come down too hard on them, thankful for what they've done over the last 17 years since I got involved with watching.

As for the basement dwellers and casual fans, I feel they are necessary to keep the ufc as the premier organization, so I have little to negative to say about them. Also Don't forget, a good fraction, probably 10-25% of the fan base probably is ages 15-25, and as we know...it's a lot easier to stay up late and party when you are young and don't have kids.

I'm so proud and free in my basement. No responsibilities. Just eating cheetos and bossing mom around and watching ufc until super late into 10pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back