UFC caters to basement dwellers...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Again I missed a great fight last night because I dozed off just as it was kicking off.

12 fucken fights... you get to 10:00 pm and there was still 6 fights to go, wtf? That shit dragged on til well after 1:00 am, even on the nights when I manage to stay awake for the main events by that time I'm half out and can't even get into it as much.

I guess for some neckbeard living in mommy's basement, jerking off and eating cheetos until 4 am, then sleeping til noon, this is a perfect schedule.

But if you're, you know, a somewhat healthy person, you're usually going to bed before midnight, and you're up and about by 7 am.

To make matters worse there was a couple of fights on that main card that were just complete dog shit, that fucken HW fat guy collision was pure dog shit and neither one of those dudes should get payed any money to fight, that was just embarrassing, I was sitting through that crap and because of it I was sleeping through a fight between the two top LW prospects.

Seriously, UFC should drop about 50% of it's roster immediately... all the fat HW's who gas after 2 minutes, all the Sam Alveys, the Jessica Eyes, and all the useless soccer moms... keep about 20-25 female fighters max, I figure there are about 25 with some skill, the rest is just embarrassing to watch.

All the sub par jacks of all trades who rotate wins and losses and show no promise to advance, dump them once it's obvious they're not rising thorugh the ranks, and make room for fresh potential prospects. Christos Giagos, Tafon Nchukwi, Raulian Paiva, JP Buys.... etc., seriously all due respect to these guys, but you can drop then immediately, as well as any other jobber that's picked up a bunch of losses and is obviously not rising above a certain level.

8 fights per card would be ideal, a 4 hour show in total, 4 quality prelims 8:00 to 10:00, then 4 main card fights 10:00-12:00, and it's just enough without being too much. Have an event every week, 16 fighters per event, times 52 weeks, with each fighter getting in about 3 fights per year, and your roster would look something like 300 fighters total, basically your top 20-25 for each weight class and that's it. Anyone outside that, go prove yourself in another promotion.

At least I got to see the Rakhmanov fight which is one I was really looking forward to. I'm gonna go watch Gamrot vs Tsarukyan now, but it's not the same knowing the result.

<mma1>

Last edited:
I'm in UK and it's even worse as the main events generally don't start until gone 4am. I also missed out on a cash out on this bet last night due to falling asleep. Fucking Arman.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-134643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-134643_Chrome.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220626-134706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-134706_Chrome.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 16
It appeals to you, so yes, it does indeed catter to basement dwellers.
I see I must have touched a nerve. But I get it, if I was a fat incel living with mommy I would get triggered by this post too.

Couldn't agree more. Timing wise, I'm in Europe so I'm used to never watching anything live, but I would appreciate if there were more cards in my time zone that didn't finish at midnight or later. 10 pm would be an OK time - then there's still time to go out or do things before it's nappy time. Roster should definitely be cut in half OR run early prelims that you "stack" with these Contender fighters and fat HWs.

I'm in UK and it's even worse as the main events generally don't start until gone 4am. I also missed out on a cash out on this bet last night due to falling asleep. Fucking Arman.

Nice picks mate. Harsh

Nice picks mate. Harsh

To be honest, I did a scatter gun approach with a handful of these parlays and two come very close. The other parlay had Kelleher/Bautista to start round 3, but that finished early so lost out on that too. Sucks ,but hey ho. Just annoying with these late cards as I end up feeling tired and fall asleep :(

lol true.
i watched it so guess im dweller.

slept like shit last night 2.
ah well.

morning, happy sunday.

Again I missed a great fight last night because I dozed off just as it was kicking off.

12 fucken fights... you get to 10:00 pm and there was still 6 fights to go, wtf? That shit dragged on til well after 1:00 am, even on the nights when I manage to stay awake for the main events by that time I'm half out and can't even get into it as much.

I guess for some neckbeard living in mommy's basement, jerking off and eating cheetos until 4 am, then sleeping til noon, this is a perfect schedule.

But if you're, you know, a somewhat healthy person, you're usually going to bed before midnight, and you're up and about by 7 am.

To make matters worse there was a couple of fights on that main card that were just complete dog shit, that fucken HW fat guy collision was pure dog shit and neither one of those dudes should get payed any money to fight, that was just embarrassing, I was sitting through that crap and because of it I was sleeping through a fight between the two top LW prospects.

Seriously, UFC should drop about 50% of it's roster immediately... all the fat HW's who gas after 2 minutes, all the Sam Alveys, the Jessica Eyes, and all the useless soccer moms... keep about 20-25 female fighters max, I figure there are about 25 with some skill, the rest is just embarrassing to watch.

All the sub par jacks of all trades who rotate wins and losses and show no promise to advance, dump them once it's obvious they're not rising thorugh the ranks, and make room for fresh potential prospects. Christos Giagos, Tafon Nchukwi, Raulian Paiva, JP Buys.... etc., seriously all due respect to these guys, but you can drop then immediately, as well as any other jobber that's picked up a bunch of losses and is obviously not rising above a certain level.

8 fights per card would be ideal, a 4 hour show in total, 4 quality prelims 8:00 to 10:00, then 4 main card fights 10:00-12:00, and it's just enough without being too much. Have an event every week, 16 fighters per event, times 52 weeks, with each fighter getting in about 3 fights per year, and your roster would look something like 300 fighters total, basically your top 20-25 for each weight class and that's it. Anyone outside that, go prove yourself in another promotion.

At least I got to see the Rakhmanov fight which is one I was really looking forward to. I'm gonna go watch Gamrot vs Tsarukyan now, but it's not the same knowing the result.

<mma1>

Koro ....r u turning casual???

Koro ....r u turning casual???
Nah bro, just got a wife, kid, job, and a somewhat healthy routine now.

Sure when I was in my 20's this shit would be fine, but for grown men it's just not healthy or sustainable.

A casual wouldn't know who Gamrot and Tsarukyan are and woudln't care less btw.

Last edited:
So do we have to stop eating Cheetos too?
That's another thing, of course people love to snack on shit and drink a beer while watching sports... well that shit is terrible for you late at night.

This is why it's great to be a UFC fan in Australia. The main card usually starts at 10am on a Sunday morningand you have the rest of the afternoon and evening to chill out. Would recommend.

I don't know how UK fans stay up till the early hours of the morning to watch a card.

Back