@Blue
Reaction score
UFC Austin

Dariush vs. Tsarukyan: Austin, Texas: December 2, 2023

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/104486-ufc-fight-night

https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFCAustin?src=hashtag_click&f=live

https://fightodds.io/odds/5251/ufc-fight-night

https://moodycenteratx.com/fast-facts/
It’s the first time the UFC has been back to Texas since a San Antonio event in March 2023 at Moody Center. The promotion most recently visited Austin in March 2022 for UFC on ESPN 37. At the time, the event was the largest-grossing non-pay-per-view event in promotion history. The card topped by Josh Emmett vs. Calvin Kattar was action-packed with nine finishes on the card. UFC CEO Dana White was so impressed, all 9 finishers received $50,000 performance bonuses.

oC6ujV0.png

F-DlFLrWQAAJ2Th.jpg

Last edited:
Considering going heavy on Joaquim Silva. Clay Guida is ancient, looked bad against Rafa Garcia and he’s only getting older. Silva can crack and has a guillotine

What does the forum think about Figueredo's ability to drag Font into a grappling fight?

What does the forum think about Figueredo's ability to drag Font into a grappling fight?
Not great. Font has good get-ups and sweeps, as can be seen in the Garbrandt fight. That said, Font’s chin hasn’t been the same since the back-to-back Aldo/Vera fights (never was fantastic, to be fair), and Figgy is faster and can crack. Not to mention, a club and sub is also possible, like with Munhoz. I favor Font but I’ll bet on Figueiredo at these odds. It’s similar to the Brito/Pearce fight this last event.

Green and Brady were the ones that stood out to me most at first glance.

Clay Guida and Miesha Tate even Kelvin Gastelum who will be retied first, classic.

I feel that Wellington Turman should cover the price tag to beat Jared Gooden. I took a 1.5U shot at -175.

I have not been impressed by Gooden at all. I understand that Harris is very fast on the feet, but Gooden looked frozen like Elsa in that fight.
The striking defence was absolutely horrible and his chin is super suspect imo. I don't think he has much resilience left in that.
On the other hand I feel Thurman has improved lately. I used to think he was pretty horrible to be honest but recently he has shown that he is better than I gave him credit for. He might have lost his last two, but I rate Petroski and Brown a lot higher than Gooden.
Turman has also shown to have a pretty solid chin, so I don't think a flash KO is that likely (Gooden does have power).

All in all I do favour Turman in the striking and if this goes to the ground it should be Turman all day. Although pricy, I feel that he wins this at a very high clip. Good gym for Turman as well.

I feel that Wellington Turman should cover the price tag to beat Jared Gooden. I took a 1.5U shot at -175.

I have not been impressed by Gooden at all. I understand that Harris is very fast on the feet, but Gooden looked frozen like Elsa in that fight.
The striking defence was absolutely horrible and his chin is super suspect imo. I don't think he has much resilience left in that.
On the other hand I feel Thurman has improved lately. I used to think he was pretty horrible to be honest but recently he has shown that he is better than I gave him credit for. He might have lost his last two, but I rate Petroski and Brown a lot higher than Gooden.
Turman has also shown to have a pretty solid chin, so I don't think a flash KO is that likely (Gooden does have power).

All in all I do favour Turman in the striking and if this goes to the ground it should be Turman all day. Although pricy, I feel that he wins this at a very high clip. Good gym for Turman as well.
I liked your comment because of the 'frozen like Elsa' reference, but Turman's chin is horrible.

Absolute glass.

Gotta take Green with pluss odds in a 5 round fight. We have seen Hooker slow down in rds 3-5 before and Green only gets better in those. Not to mention will probably have significant speed advantage. In brawl scenario Hooker might ko him but I think it will be bit too slow paced for that.

Gotta take Green with pluss odds in a 5 round fight. We have seen Hooker slow down in rds 3-5 before and Green only gets better in those. Not to mention will probably have significant speed advantage. In brawl scenario Hooker might ko him but I think it will be bit too slow paced for that.
Its not main event. Its 3 rounds

I think Gooden took that fight on really short notice and missed weight by like 6 pounds.
Don't get me wrong he is by no means a great UFC level fighter even with a full camp but it looked like he hadn't trained in like 2 months and he just took the Harris fight on short notice to get back into the UFC. I still think Turman should win but I don't think the Gooden that fought Harris is the same guy that will fight Turman.

UFC is building up Veronica Hardy (Dan Hardy's wife). She dominated Juliana Miller for the most part. Horth went 29-28 with Hailey Cowan. They are former training partners. Presumably we're getting dog odds on Hardy because her record from years ago was shoddy. Dan has invested a lot of work into her since then.

I'm on Hardy (+130).

UFC is building up Veronica Hardy (Dan Hardy's wife). She dominated Juliana Miller for the most part. Horth went 29-28 with Hailey Cowan. They are former training partners. Presumably we're getting dog odds on Hardy because her record from years ago was shoddy. Dan has invested a lot of work into her since then.

I'm on Hardy (+130).
You sure they would be building up a Hardy?

I thought they both had vendettas against each other?

I think Gooden took that fight on really short notice and missed weight by like 6 pounds.
Don't get me wrong he is by no means a great UFC level fighter even with a full camp but it looked like he hadn't trained in like 2 months and he just took the Harris fight on short notice to get back into the UFC. I still think Turman should win but I don't think the Gooden that fought Harris is the same guy that will fight Turman.
Well that is a good point that I missed. Also I was under the impression that he was much older than 29, so with a full camp he might look a lot better. For some reason I figured he was more like 34-35.
I'm not sure I'm liking my bet as much, or at least not at these odds. With that said, I do feel that Turman should win here. I think he had pretty showing against tougher competition and should beat Gooden even on a full camp.

You sure they would be building up a Hardy?

I thought they both had vendettas against each other?
First I've heard of it. They don't seem to be taking it out on Veronica. Brought her right back after a string of losses followed by a long layoff.

Dariush line seems to be getting wider. Not long ago everyone wanted this guy to get title shot. Seems like everyone thinks Arman has the word "destiny" tattooed on his forehead and this kinda affect peoples views on this particular matchup. But just last year he lost a decision to Gamrot. Dariush is one of the best guys in division. Especially at grappling. If I play Arman I only play KO line as Dariush is still slow and prone to getting bombed but not sure yet. Arman hasnt really shown that much work on his feet. But if he were to become a wrestler who knocks out people, this is certainly the fight to do start.

Well that is a good point that I missed. Also I was under the impression that he was much older than 29, so with a full camp he might look a lot better. For some reason I figured he was more like 34-35.
I'm not sure I'm liking my bet as much, or at least not at these odds. With that said, I do feel that Turman should win here. I think he had pretty showing against tougher competition and should beat Gooden even on a full camp.
haha that's funny I also was sure he was 34/35 until I checked the fight finder. Great minds bro.

Back