UFC Apex: Tuivasa vs. Tybura, March 16, Saturday, 6 pm eastern

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
Tai Tuivasa -122 looks good

UFC Apex

Tai Tuivasa tore meniscus, the cartilage in between the knee joint in January 2024

He said he would be ready 6 weeks later

"It's a meniscus tear, half of my meniscus is gone from the other surgery"

UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura, Saturday, March 16, 6 pm eastern

1709248151402.jpeg

Last edited:
Gotta go with Tuivasa. I don't hold those losses against him, they were to dangerous guys. I think he will knockout Tybura and fight Rozenstruik in a main event later this year, that’s my gut feeling

Just passing on the main event. Tuivasa is capable of getting a KO, but he just got ezekiel'd by Volkov, no doubt in my mind he could get outgrappled by Tybura in a sloppy fight.

Shit, I might put money on a Tybura sub prop. He's never hit one in the UFC, but he did have some nice subs back in M-1 and Tuivasa seems bad enough to let that happen. I mean, Volk got his 4th sub EVER against him, I'm not sure he's made any significant progress on the mat since the Spivak fight tbh.

All it boils down to is Marcin's chin holding up.

I dont understand why Tybura is the dog here. Since when does Tai ever beat competent grapplers? Getting ezekiel choked in 2024 was nuts even for HW. Hes legit one of the worst grapplers to ever be ranked in UFC. He got one of the most favorable matchmaking runs ever with Greg Hardy, Sakai and Lewis and shit Derrick even got him down many times LMAOOO Derrick Lewis

Filho finishes Ode. I hope inside is a good price.

Culibao Silva fight ends KO hoping for a good price too

Angeliger as a dog - Charalampos is a fraud IMO and his KO power is overblown given comp hes fought and Anheliger has a great chin I think he can walk him down

Im pondering Mitch Ramirez play but not confident....

am I crazy or is Mike Davis -300 value? How does Levy win this fight? Davis should be close to -450 IMO. Levy is one of the worst LWs in UFC. Probably wouldnt even be in if he wasnt boys with Strickland and Curtis. This fight actually makes 0 sense..... Why is Mike fighting Levy after beating Mason and Slava Claus? And he dominated Slava bad. Levy doesnt survive that round 1. Mason and Slava are durable fighters too Mike inside could be worth a play

Last edited:
Shit card for betting imo. Played Tybura but will probably just save my money otherwise.

I dont understand why Tybura is the dog here. Since when does Tai ever beat competent grapplers? Getting ezekiel choked in 2024 was nuts even for HW. Hes legit one of the worst grapplers to ever be ranked in UFC. He got one of the most favorable matchmaking runs ever with Greg Hardy, Sakai and Lewis and shit Derrick even got him down many times LMAOOO Derrick Lewis

Filho finishes Ode. I hope inside is a good price.

Culibao Silva fight ends KO hoping for a good price too

Angeliger as a dog - Charalampos is a fraud IMO and his KO power is overblown given comp hes fought and Anheliger has a great chin I think he can walk him down

Im pondering Mitch Ramirez play but not confident....

am I crazy or is Mike Davis -300 value? How does Levy win this fight? Davis should be close to -450 IMO. Levy is one of the worst LWs in UFC. Probably wouldnt even be in if he wasnt boys with Strickland and Curtis. This fight actually makes 0 sense..... Why is Mike fighting Levy after beating Mason and Slava Claus? And he dominated Slava bad. Levy doesnt survive that round 1. Mason and Slava are durable fighters too Mike inside could be worth a play

I don't see what Mitch Ramirez has for someone like Thiago Moises but I'm interested in hearing the argument.

Kinda wondering if Ode manages to finish Filho. Jafel got hurt so many times against Barez which I found weird, unless Daniel is a distant relative of Lineker. Props for fighting his way back to a finish, but sheesh, you should not be looking like that at flyweight imo.

Anhelinger should win I think, but that's a Fury FC type fight that snuck its way into the UFC, not interested in playing it.

Jafel got hurt so many times against Barez which I found weird, unless Daniel is a distant relative of Lineker.

Barez has heavy hands for a FLW he was dropping most of his opponents leading to his UFC callup.

Kinda wondering if Ode manages to finish Filho. Jafel got hurt so many times against Barez which I found weird, unless Daniel is a distant relative of Lineker. Props for fighting his way back to a finish, but sheesh, you should not be looking like that at flyweight imo.

Anhelinger should win I think, but that's a Fury FC type fight that snuck its way into the UFC, not interested in playing it.
its hard to play this one, Ode has so many sub losses, just going by conventional wisdom, he is threaten by subs.

Unlike Poirior last week who we saw defended well cause he only tapped to high level fighters, Ode on the other hand has tapped to mid level guys.

the danger for a ko is there, but its' dangerous on both ends.

I like everything about Tybura here. Tuivasa is just nowhere clean enough to rely on him scoring a TKO, but if he does get it done, I give him 120 seconds otherwise I'm discounting it entirely.

No way would I pick against C-Rod, I think that's silly, I'm not interested in the whole weight classes thing, it looks like smoke and mirrors to me. Just pick the better rounded, more durable fighter.

I think the hardest fight to pick is Barberena and GM3. I actually enjoy both, I just think they're fucking horrible to be confident about.

I would not be at all surprised if Chandler beat Nunes, but it's hard to endorse that pick.

McKenna is a super confident pick against Amorim, who I don't rate at all.

I like everything about Tybura here. Tuivasa is just nowhere clean enough to rely on him scoring a TKO, but if he does get it done, I give him 120 seconds otherwise I'm discounting it entirely.

No way would I pick against C-Rod, I think that's silly, I'm not interested in the whole weight classes thing, it looks like smoke and mirrors to me. Just pick the better rounded, more durable fighter.

I think the hardest fight to pick is Barberena and GM3. I actually enjoy both, I just think they're fucking horrible to be confident about.

I would not be at all surprised if Chandler beat Nunes, but it's hard to endorse that pick.

Honestly, I think GM3 by sub is a near lock since Barb has been mauled there by any good grappler he's fought as of late, and getting fat isn't going to help matters at all. He was target practice for Muradov and didn't show anything that would lead me to believe he could beat anyone around the level of GM3, who nearly beat Petroski recently.

Dulgarian looked beastly against Marshall, and given how the first round of the Rosas fight went, and his fight with Pearce, I think there's a chance Isaac can bag the first two rounds on the strength of his wrestling and top game alone. Both have the same height and reach but I reckon Dulgarian should be a fair bit bigger since he's a career FW (and apparently fought at a 165lbs CW as an amateur once) and hasn't spent a quarter of his career failing to cut to BW. Rodriguez at plus money does seem like the side, but it feels like a trap imo.

I really think Muradov-GM3 is going to be a shit show. I don't know if that will be make it exciting, or a terrible fight. I just think it makes it hard to pick.

I don't really care for guys that look like beasts before they fight guys like C-Rod. You have to be Jonathan Pearce level to beat this guy over 3 rounds, unless you actually do as advertised and get the R1 finish - but I'm not sure I see it.

I really think Muradov-GM3 is going to be a shit show. I don't know if that will be make it exciting, or a terrible fight. I just think it makes it hard to pick.

I don't really care for guys that look like beasts before they fight guys like C-Rod. You have to be Jonathan Pearce level to beat this guy over 3 rounds, unless you actually do as advertised and get the R1 finish - but I'm not sure I see it.
I think what's gonna make the difference compared to the Rosas fight is the GnP. Dulgarian seems very aggressive and able to generate a lot of power, he's not going to just look for subs or to hold position like Raul did, he's gonna try to hurt Chris and imo that will give him the edge here.

For me it's about backing the guy I know will try to be the first to draw blood, and who will have the size advantage to bully his opponent. Of course he could also end up gassing and crashing out.

Honestly, I think GM3 by sub is a near lock since Barb has been mauled there by any good grappler he's fought as of late, and getting fat isn't going to help matters at all. He was target practice for Muradov and didn't show anything that would lead me to believe he could beat anyone around the level of GM3, who nearly beat Petroski recently.

Dulgarian looked beastly against Marshall, and given how the first round of the Rosas fight went, and his fight with Pearce, I think there's a chance Isaac can bag the first two rounds on the strength of his wrestling and top game alone. Both have the same height and reach but I reckon Dulgarian should be a fair bit bigger since he's a career FW (and apparently fought at a 165lbs CW as an amateur once) and hasn't spent a quarter of his career failing to cut to BW. Rodriguez at plus money does seem like the side, but it feels like a trap imo.
Would you recommend a $2k bet on Gm3 at -250? To win $800 , ill give u some if he wins

Would you recommend a $2k bet on Gm3 at -250? To win $800 , ill give u some if he wins
For his ML? Honestly yeah, Barb got taken down a bunch by Muradov and I don't think he's got the type of power that can make Gerald wilt.

And the wins he did get post Witt fight were against Weeks (green and shit), Brown and Lawler who were both ancient and willing to give Bryan the type of fights he thrives in. The more I look at it the more I like Gerald as a parlay piece.

He's pretty underrated on the feet for being a grappler too, wouldn't be shocked if Bryan's plodding style gets him hurt by a kick or something.

For his ML? Honestly yeah, Barb got taken down a bunch by Muradov and I don't think he's got the type of power that can make Gerald wilt.

And the wins he did get post Witt fight were against Weeks (green and shit), Brown and Lawler who were both ancient and willing to give Bryan the type of fights he thrives in. The more I look at it the more I like Gerald as a parlay piece.

He's pretty underrated on the feet for being a grappler too, wouldn't be shocked if Bryan's plodding style gets him hurt by a kick or something.
I put $2500 to win $1k. I think its a favorable matchup like you said. But like its MMA , anything can happen. There are no locks, no easy money. I hope Meerschart doesnt get slept

I put $2500 to win $1k. I think its a favorable matchup like you said. But like its MMA , anything can happen. There are no locks, no easy money. I hope Meerschart doesnt get slept
Good luck, and yeah, a TKO is pretty much the only thing to worry about with Gerald. The bright side is that he's only been stopped once since 2020, by Pyfer who I think is on a different level than current Bryan in terms of power and skill.

As long as the world doesn't conspire against us and something stupid happens (Gerald backing himself towards the fence and letting Bryan tee off), bet should cash.

With the GM3 fight I'm just gonna wait for his sub prop. High chance that's the outcome imo, Barb loves getting subbed.

Weird to be that confident in McKenna. Amorim clearly had an adrenaline dump in her debut and gassed hard chasing the finish, but seemed to fix that in her follow up.

If McKenna keeps it standing she will have the advantage, but if she doesn't she's in massive trouble. Amorim is an elite grappler, maybe a shade below Dern level but not far off. World champ type bjj skills. And WMMA fights seem to have weird scrambles, head/arm throws, etc that end up on the mat. Amorim sub is very live, as is her just getting top position for a couple rounds and winning them that way.

Weird to be that confident in McKenna. Amorim clearly had an adrenaline dump in her debut and gassed hard chasing the finish, but seemed to fix that in her follow up.

If McKenna keeps it standing she will have the advantage, but if she doesn't she's in massive trouble. Amorim is an elite grappler, maybe a shade below Dern level but not far off. World champ type bjj skills. And WMMA fights seem to have weird scrambles, head/arm throws, etc that end up on the mat. Amorim sub is very live, as is her just getting top position for a couple rounds and winning them that way.
Some of these BJJ girls seems to have a very tough time finishing subs though, despite the grappling disparity with their opponents. We've seen it several times with Dern nowadays, and with Amorim's own debut.

It's WMMA tho, dogs are always live.
With the GM3 fight I'm just gonna wait for his sub prop. High chance that's the outcome imo, Barb loves getting subbed.
Seen some good odds for it, plus money. Also surprised by Davis KO at +200. The body language I've seen from Levy in some of his fights screams no heart, and we know he tends to slow down the stretch. Think he gets overwhelmed here

Looking at the card I actually like it more than I thought. Could be one of those where I get reamed tho, lol.

Back