• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC announces permanent price raise for PPVs

The pay per view model is so outdated. Even pro wrestling has evolved passed it. UFC and Dana white lag behind per usual

Certainly getting that way. All these different ways of airing stuff these days, so who really wants to shell out all that money for three hours of TV?

Course, going off PPV would mean the top guys being unhappy, as they get PPV points.

All these people admitting to watching it for free online. I wonder how many total people watch without paying.

All these people admitting to watching it for free online. I wonder how many total people watch without paying.

The USA isn't the centre of earth.

Most people outside of the US get channels that show PPV's as part of a TV Package. That is what they mean when they say "lol who pays for PPV's"

Still sticking with rating my interest in each fight on the main card 1-10 then seeing if the total comes within 15 of the PPV cost.

Increasing price while not increasing overall quality isn't going to do them any favors.

Most people outside of the US get channels that show PPV's as part of a TV Package. That is what they mean when they say "lol who pays for PPV's"

This is why I, as a US citizen, refuse to ever pay for a PPV. Put it on ESPN like you do in other countries and get your money from them.

I haven't been this shocked since Ricky Martin came out of the closet.

I think if you order from Charter it's 54.99 or so for normal PPV, so this big raise in price is the reason I won't be ordering anymore PPV's. I'm not a bar person nor do I have friends who are into this stuff to split the cost. With PPV's being like every other month it seems it get's too costly especially when you really enjoy watching the fights. Ya, could always pick and choose what PPV's are a must watch, but still high price's is becoming a deterrent.

[YT]/bnlv1wd13fY[/YT]

Thats what I like about streaming, PPV's keep going up, but they stay the same price. Alright, alright, alright.

Underrated post

17B.gif

a 5 dollar increase over the course of 6 years really isn't that big of a deal

you guys need to relax and get jobs

You're assuming it was ever worth the previous price in the first place.

Don't ever complain about fighter pay and how they are treated unfairly then.

i don't.

frankly i don't give a damn how much they are paid or how badly they are treated. i like watching the fights and that's about it.

the cards been so watered down, saturated and yet they fking raise price on a crappier product?!! This is a fking bs move by the ufc. Good luck on not losing more customers lol.

They're going to have to come up with a better deal than that if they want to turn me into a paying customer.

Judging by the recent quality of streams, a lot.

In my country i pay like 10$ a month for everything : )))))

Charging more because they aren t selling as many

This, UFC is going down the tubes and a little part of me is glad, I am tired of them killing great companies like strikeforce that put on better shows then they did.

just go to buffalo wild wings if you have one around, most of them seem to play ppvs, atleast the few around where I live do

Back