• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC announces permanent price raise for PPVs

markg171

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
A recent uptick in UFC pay-per-view prices is here to stay for 2015, according to the promotion.

In a statement released to MMAjunkie, the increase, which at this point is $5, is to compensate for rising costs in producing live events.

ha, so many of us called this.

I think everyone said this would happen.

You yankydoodles really get ripped off.

Brutal, I feel like the UFC hates its fans sometimes.

Charging more because they aren t selling as many

this will now for sure stop people from illegally streaming their events

Hordes of zuffa zombies will arrive shortly

I'll just hit the bar more. I'm starting some new ventures in life and need to save money wherever I can. Love me some UFC but this is quickly becoming not worth it for me.

So? Never paid for any of them.

winning.gif

The downward spiral has begun

Increased prices to cover costs of fewer buyers, is precisely the wrong thing to do.

This. UFC starting to lose its ambition of rivaling football (Not handegg, Americans.) and settling for what MMA always will be, a niche sport. They know hardcore fans will continue to pay.

Noob business mistake.
"Business is slow, lets make more money by charging more/make the product a little less juicy" seems so often done, just before the company goes to hell.

It is like they are trying to fail. Decreased demand and quality, raise prices. Yeah Dana, all that expansion costs money. Oversaturation that nobody wanted, and then charge us for it.

5 dollars big deal, it's called inflation.

That's some serious fucking inflation you have over there in America.
Do you even economics, bro? ;)

I get what you mean, but still, they are milking their loyal fans like cows.

Back