• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC announces permanent price raise for PPVs

Don't ever complain about fighter pay and how they are treated unfairly then.

This is such a foolish thing to say.

If anything the fact that fighters are paid so poorly while Dana and the Lorenzo's make bank, it encourages me not to buy PPVs. You're not paying fighters, who make peanuts, you're paying for some fat old rich men. If I knew that fighters (not just the main event), were paid fairly I might actually care about buying PPVs, but because they aren't I really don't care about how many views they get because the money doesn't go to those who deserve it.

The problem is the cards, not the price. UFC is fighting the symptom(less money) and not the problem(lack of perceived PPV cards worth buying). I haven't bought a card since Jones vs Rashad, boy did I regret that.

Keep buying them guys its really good value, Dana and co dont think you're morons

but, you guys are missing the point. This increase in cost is to cover the expense of the UFC bringing us hard hitting and newly developed features like advanced analytics and real time news updates. For a recent example of this, it was recently announced by the ufc that the time was then. Shortly after this groundbreaking announcement, they followed up with a minor note about a rebok sponsorship that will further drive fighters from control over their careers and identities.

We need to lube the UFC machine with our sweet dollars so they can keep driving the sport into the ground.

I used to buy everyone when they were 30, now I pick and choose and stream the rest. Its usually just me watching them. Its not easy to get a house full of people anymore when you get older. Friends move away, have kids , wives etc.

but, you guys are missing the point. This increase in cost is to cover the expense of the UFC bringing us hard hitting and newly developed features like advanced analytics and real time news updates. For a recent example of this, it was recently announced by the ufc that the time was then. Shortly after this groundbreaking announcement, they followed up with a minor note about a rebok sponsorship that will further drive fighters from control over their careers and identities.

We need to lube the UFC machine with our sweet dollars so they can keep driving the sport into the ground.
I would honestly pay another 15 bucks for the groundbreaking CM Punk announcement.

Sherdog, their mothers, that guy next door and your elementary school principal all called this

The problem is the cards, not the price. UFC is fighting the symptom(less money) and not the problem(lack of perceived PPV cards worth buying). I haven't bought a card since Jones vs Rashad, boy did I regret that.

Exactly! Terrible business move to raise prices when less people are buying your product.

I am currently looking for an alternative method to watch this weekends ppv after spending $60.00 on the snoozer of a card that was UFC 182.

Exactly! Terrible business move to raise prices when less people are buying your product.

I am currently looking for an alternative method to watch this weekends ppv after spending $60.00 on the snoozer of a card that was UFC 182.

UFC used to differentiate itself from boxing by having stacked events(or atleast events that were perceived as stacked). It seems more often however that its a good main event with just filler for the undercard. UFC 183 I would buy however, very good looking card IMO although its kind of annoying when they have Boetsch vs Leites on the main card so if I buy the card I get that fight but since i dont have cable I miss Lineker vs McCall.

Some of you sound really poor. It's an extra 5 bucks, so fucking what.

I know. If you could afford it before how could you not afford an extra 5 dollars. If it went up 10 dollars I would be a little bit choked but still buy the odd ppv.

$50 but the shit cards they're giving us nowadays? Maybe 1 a year ends up being stacked enough to justify that price. Quit watering down your product and then we'll talk. Boooooo UFC!!

I know. If you could afford it before how could you not afford an extra 5 dollars. If it went up 10 dollars I would be a little bit choked but still buy the odd ppv.

it goes up 5 $ every few months this isn't the first raise and it won't be the last one

so just 5$ increase in 7 years?

sherdoggers will still find a way to cry

It's Official: Toco is the worst poster on Sherdog.

Like I knew you were young and stupid but fuck, this just confirms it and that you're parents are paying for your MMA habit.

The pay per view model is so outdated. Even pro wrestling has evolved passed it. UFC and Dana white lag behind per usual

It's Official: Toco is the worst poster on Sherdog.

Like I knew you were young and stupid but fuck, this just confirms it and that you're parents are paying for your MMA habit.

k self declared third best poster in sherdog

Sigh, it isn't an issue of not being able to afford it, it is an issue of not wasting your money. A UFC PPV has been a waste of money for a while now, and charging more for the product is just compounding the problems people have with Zuffa. Save your money for something of value, or for a rainy day.

Back