PBP UFC 306 - Noche UFC: O'Malley vs. Dvalishvili Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 9/14 at 10pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Omalley wasn't there tonight. Not before the event, not during. It's not like Merab ran right over him, he had a million opportunities to set something up and he had no interest. His body language was dogshit, he was passive right out of the gate and never showed any urgency whatsoever. Maybe the sphere, the long wait, whatever, he clearly wasn't in his element.

yeah, herb is on the take from Dana.

"work"?

merab is controlling sean and punching him consistently, wearing him down, reducing sean's explosiveness and effectiveness, wearing him out, if sean overreacts defensively it opens up opportunities.

I guess it's not exciting enough for dana.

Omalley wasn't there tonight. Not before the event, not during. It's not like Merab ran right over him, he had a million opportunities to set something up and he had no interest. His body language was dogshit, he was passive right out of the gate and never showed any urgency whatsoever. Maybe the sphere, the long wait, whatever, he clearly wasn't in his element.
It didn't look like he committed to literally any of his punches.

I mean O'Malley might of won the 3rd and 5th but merab still dominated
The 5th? How the fuck did he win the 5th? From 1 front kick lol? Just because the commentators said oh his hurt doesn't mean he loses the round. He dominated round 5 and there's not enough evidence to list that as to say he even got rocked. Seemed more that he just was happy to run away from most things.

I'm aware. I'm just not a big fan of it, and Merab made it clear he wasn't a fan of it either lol. I kind of feel for him. The guy worked his whole life for this moment, and they won't let him take it in before trying to set up his next opponent.
It's how the game works unfortunately, they need to keep the hype train going. Makhachev won the belt and they had Volk in the cage a few minutes after. Even non title fights like the now infamous Dricus and Izzy situation after DDP beat Rob.

And I get why they do it. It would be weird to just end it and say goodnight. Like the end of a TV show episode or a book chapter, you need a hook for the next episode or chapter and usually the post-fight is when they do it.

yeah, herb is on the take from Dana.

"work"?

merab is controlling sean and punching him consistently, wearing him down, reducing sean's explosiveness and effectiveness, wearing him out, if sean overreacts defensively it opens up opportunities.

I guess it's not exciting enough for dana.
Dude he yelled "work" in the fifth when Sean was hunting him down after hurting him. Herb was on some shit tonight.

You know the sphere was like having backgrounds in a fighting game. Doesn't change the sport entirely but still was fun. Wish UFC experimented more.

It didn't look like he committed to literally any of his punches.
He barely tried to throw anything. Merab was dancing around on the outside and Sean was acting like he couldn't find range for 5 rounds. I get that he was mindful of the takedown but at some point he should understand he's in a fucking fight and needs to do something. It was kind of weird. I just think it was one of those things, bad day, off night whatever. Not taking away from Merab, he did his job.

It's how the game works unfortunately, they need to keep the hype train going. Makhachev won the belt and they had Volk in the cage a few minutes after. Even non title fights like the now infamous Dricus and Izzy situation after DDP beat Rob.

And I get why they do it. It would be weird to just end it and say goodnight. Like the end of a TV show episode or a book chapter, you need a hook for the next episode or chapter and usually the post-fight is when they do it.

Yeah, I don't like it. It makes sense sometimes when both guys are into it. But kerab has made it clear all week that he doesnt like this and that when he wins he just wants to celebrate his moment.

He barely tried to throw anything. Merab was dancing around on the outside and Sean was acting like he couldn't find range for 5 rounds. I get that he was mindful of the takedown but at some point he should understand he's in a fucking fight and needs to do something. It was kind of weird. I just think it was one of those things, bad day, off night whatever. Not taking away from Merab, he did his job.
No, you're right, it was weird. Sean pretty much laid down for Merab when it became apparent it wasn't going his way. He would have been better off to stsrt brawling at some point when it became clear his was going to lose regardless. Take chances. But I just don't think he's built that way. I thought he might be after the Yan fight, but not now.

No, you're right, it was weird. Sean pretty much laid down for Merab when it became apparent it wasn't going his way. He would have been better off to stsrt brawling at some point when it became clear his was going to lose regardless. Take chances. But I just don't think he's built that way. I thought he might be after the Yan fight, but not now.
All I can say is I've never seen him approach any fight like this. Way out of character. The reason, I'm sure he'll say. I can get him being broke down by the 3rd, 4th round, Merab was taking it out of him. But he landed a good punch very early in the fight and just never followed up with anything. All he was doing was occasionally pawing to the body. Oh well. This ones going to chew him up because he could've done more.

Back