• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 303 PPV buys ?

Well, December a lot of people are spending money on Christmas stuff so who knows if that will affect it.

And after everyone already saw it get canceled and pushed back from when it was supposed to happen in the summer, will people still be as enthusiastic?

His last fight was 1.8M. His second highest UFC ppv. But that was 3 years ago and was the trilogy tiebreaker fight with Dustin.

I couldn’t ever imagine paying to see that clown fight. But his fans are pretty weird (pathetic). They think it’s still 2015.

It’s hard to imagine he’d sell less than a million. But I really have no idea. Conor cards are absolute rubbish, for the most part. And doesn’t ESPN charge even more for Conor cards? Like an extra $10, or $20?

As long as his fans aren’t expecting him to be clean, and sober. Because he obviously is not clean, or sober. Unless Chandler throws the fight. I can’t see Conor beating him.

Despite his inactivity and losing streak, Conor is as popular as ever. He's way more famous nowadays than at the second Diaz fight.

Hard to say how many social media fans actually buy a ppv though. I'm guessing it will still do good numbers, like 1.3 million.

If conor fightin, im buyin it and a bottle of proper12

Probably 1.5 mil give or take 200K. Despite what many people on this website say about Conor being irrelevant to MMA they are flat out stupid and think sherdog is indicative of the casual audience. Conor is still far and away the most well known person in MMA with Dana White being the only person even remotely comparable.

His last fight was 1.8M. His second highest UFC ppv. But that was 3 years ago and was the trilogy tiebreaker fight with Dustin.

I couldn’t ever imagine paying to see that clown fight. But his fans are pretty weird (pathetic). They think it’s still 2015.

It’s hard to imagine he’d sell less than a million. But I really have no idea. Conor cards are absolute rubbish, for the most part. And doesn’t ESPN charge even more for Conor cards? Like an extra $10, or $20?

As long as his fans aren’t expecting him to be clean, and sober. Because he obviously is not clean, or sober. Unless Chandler throws the fight. I can’t see Conor beating him.
You can say whatever you like about the guy but his fights almost always deliver

2m+ in my opinion.

Can only speak for the UK but MMA is way popular than it was 5 years ago.

A Connor return does huge buys

We don't know PPV numbers like we used to before the sale of the UFC, but with the success of the Roadhouse movie, I'd say it's likely to beat all of his previous outings except maybe for the 2.4 mill Khabib fight. That said, I'd say it has a shot at beating even the Khabib fight.

Mac
07/11/15UFC 189McGregor vs Mendes825,000
12/12/15UFC 194Aldo vs McGregor1,025,000
03/05/16UFC 196McGregor vs Diaz1,317,000
08/20/16UFC 202McGregor vs. Diaz two1,500,000
11/12/16UFC 205McGreor vs. Alverez1,300,000
10/06/18UFC 229McGregor vs. Khabib2,400,000
02/18/20UFC 246McGregor vs. Cerrone1,353,492
02/23/21UFC 257Poirier vs. McGregor II1,800,000
07/10/21UFC 264Poirier vs. McGregor III1,600,000
Total13,120,492

Even without the movie, Mac would still likely break the million level simply because a Mac fight is when all the casuals converge. That's a powerful thing when the casuals flock together.

birds.gif

Last edited:
Where will this stack up against other Conor cards ? I think this card does 1.2 million just for the fact it’s Conor’s return and people will always watch him. Not as big of a fight as Diaz, Khabib or Poirier.

McGregor vs Khabib = 2.4 million buys

Diaz vs McGregor II= 1.6 million buys

Poirier vs McGregor II = 1.6 million

McGregor is still the UFC's biggest draw, by a large margin. But I think the days of 1M+ PPV's are over. And if they don't do over 1M, there is no way they announce the actuals. All they ever do now is announce the gate, and I'm sure that's all we'll hear about for the foreseeable future.

Back