Has any fighter in history in any combat sports got their a** kicked in front of more people than Conor Mcgregor?

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Serious question, I am genuinely curious, if any fighter in any combat sports got their ass kicked in front of more people than Conor Mcgregor. It could be boxing, MMA, kickboxing etc.

Conor has got his ass kicked by Nate Diaz in the first fight (1.3 million PPV buys)

Conor got his ass kicked by Khabib (2.4 million PPV buys)

khabib-power-head-punch-16y3xtgn2ifek314.gif

Dustin Poirier vs Conor Mcgregor 2 (1.6 million PPV buys)
1*Q7LmZaWC__uOpb29vy6R7A.gif

Dustin Poirier vs Mcgregor 3 (1.8 million PPV buys)
1703518767892.png

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor Mcgregor (4.3 million PPV buys)
mcgregor-mayweather.gif

Adding all the PPV numbers up, it comes to a total of 11.4 million PPV buys. Lets assume the average PPV buy is for a household or gathering of friends of 4 people, but then we include places like sports bars and busy places that air the PPV to hundreds, so lets say average 5 per PPV buy)
5 x 11.4 million is a staggering 57 million people

Roughly 57 million people watched Conor get his ass kicked, and that's only the live audience of PPV buyers, and not including those who watch it through illegal streaming, watching on YouTube the day after, watching on MMAcore weeks later etc). If we include all that its probably close to 70 million people.

So, has any fighter in any sport come close to getting their ass whooped in front of more people than Conor? (approx 70 million). I can't think of any fighter that comes even remotely close

Attachments

• 1703518751774.png
    1703518751774.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 1703518752345.png
    1703518752345.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 1703518778954.png
    1703518778954.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 4
Umm yes. The retarded PPV system severely limits the amount of views fights get.
Which fighters do you think have got their ass kicked in front of more people than Conor. I guess maybe in some of the Muhammad Ali days, some of Ali's opponents got their ass kicked in front of a billion people maybe

The victims of convicted rapist Mike Tyson have had their bearings watched on YouTube many more times than Conor PPVs
Mike Tyson's opponents are good examples, but has Tyson fought many boxers in high profile fights multiple times? I remember he fought Evander twice but he lost those. I think if we add all Tyson's victims up it would be more than Conors, but I am talking about one fighter

This guy prob has a good point, those tyson vids get tons of replays, but OP may be onto something for live views
I am talking about all views, so that includes live views on PPV, youtube views, mma websites, social media etc

And from 1 fighter only. I don't think any ONE opponent from Tyson has lost to more people than Conor

If you're being honest with yourself it's probably 95% of the same viewership that watched him become the very first fighter to capture 2 UFC belts.

I don't see the need to pile on Conor nowadays, he's been humbled and took his L's. And it appears that he's potentially dealing with drug addiction too, fighting isn't even gonna be part of the equation until he figures that out if it's true.

Maybe not, but he also won the Aldo, Diaz 2, and Alverez fights you omitted.
Those 3 added together don’t even add up to the number of people that saw him lose to Mayweather. WAY more people have seen him lose than win. And it’s not even close. The difference is in fact several million.

Imagine still washing Conor’s balls a week out from 2024. That’s bizarre, imo. He’s a lowlife.

L :p L

Seriously though, Conor probably would have won most of those fights if he didn't gas out, which means he had around 90 seconds to get it done.

If you're being honest with yourself it's probably 95% of the same viewership that watched him become the very first fighter to capture 2 UFC belts.

I don't see the need to pile on Conor nowadays, he's been humbled and took his L's. And it appears that he's potentially dealing with drug addiction too, fighting isn't even gonna be part of the equation until he figures that out if it's true.
Yes we should seriously wish goodwill to people and not laugh at their demise. I seriously doubt his return looks good.

Those 3 added together don’t even add up to the number of people that saw him lose to Mayweather. WAY more people have seen him lose than win. And it’s not even close. The difference is in fact several million.

Imagine still washing Conor’s balls a week out from 2024. That’s bizarre, imo. He’s a lowlife.
You’re talking about live fights lol. He’s been a huge star since the Mendes fight, even before. Casuals have seen him win more fights than lose, just look at his record.

Why is losing to the supposed GOAT boxer in a boxing bad thing, it was even competitive when it shouldn’t have been. The only loss that’s embarrassing is the Nate loss but Nate had a huge size advantage and he redeemed himself in a rematch.

Back