• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News **UFC 303 Mcgregor/Chandler Not Happening. Will Be Re-booked For A Different Date MEGATHREAD**

Conor vs Paddy would probably be pretty competitive, but is it possible for Paddy to be a bigger star in Britain? Might be the wrong mid-tier guy to launch.

His star's faded after the robbery against Jared (the UFC looked like they shilled a lot of people to wear his silly wigs in that event) and the poor performance against Tony.

what about chandler bro? haha
must felt really bad for chandler
i mean the payout
I actually do feel bad for Chandler, and if I were him, I would probably do exactly what he is doing to. And as far as the main parties go (Chandler/MacGregor/UFC)... Chandler has been the most professional of all parties involved.

You would have to be pretty fucking wealthy to not be upset or care about losing out on the biggest payday of your career. Or have giant brass balls to risk taking another opponent and potentially eliminating yourself from that red panty night.

Sometimes I don't understand the hate or ridicule Chandler gets for holding out. He's 38 with likely only a couple fights left in his career. Why go out on a 50k/50k show/win payout when there's a potential multi-million dollar payday at stake?

He looked perfectly fine in the pic of him he posted in a hospital bed the day after the cancelled press conference. Besides, people are claiming this happened over a week before the press conference, stop defending your idol man, get a fucking life, your pathetic.

cd212.jpg

This is getting sad. Chandler continues to stay thirsty for the Conor fight and will continue to wait. He has missed a lot of opportunities waiting for Conor. This is why you never put your faith in someone who has drug & alcohol problems.

(Swipe left for 2nd pic)

This gif is the perfect metaphor for Chandler’s desire to fight Conor (It’s actually Chandler in the gif).

1718521404088.gif

Chandler is such a pathetic pussy. He looks like such a geek waiting around for nearly 3 years for a washed alcho.

MMA has become great at building years-long anticipation for completely meaningless fights that nobody with an IQ above 80 gives a fuck about.

MMA has become great at building years-long anticipation for completely meaningless fights that nobody with an IQ above 80 gives a fuck about.

I agree.

It sucks that McGregor-Chandler isn’t happening but at least we have Jon vs Stipe at the end of the year.

Chandler is such a pathetic pussy. He looks like such a geek waiting around for nearly 3 years for a washed alcho.

Well, he tried fighting the top fighter and they all beat his ass badly. A washed alcho is probably a good choice for him at this point.

I dont blame him. I have no idea how much he normally earns on his fights, but a McGregor fight can easily earn him tenfold at minimum.
So, is it worth to wait three years for an easy fight for the same amount you would make fighting a murder's row?
IF, and i say IF, this fight happens, it might be worth.

TLDR at the bottom if you’d like to skip reading.

Chandler is basically the pawn in the Conor contract negotiations. UFC wants Chandler to fight Conor because he’s their lapdog, is an exciting fighter that goes for broke and is probably tied up in an unfavorable contract that benefits the UFC. In return, Chandler created his own liquor company (Hiatus) copying Conor which benefits him when the company pushes his notoriety and maybe gets to fight Conor. Chandler is old himself and just wants money at this stage of his career so he will do what he is told.

Conor is in the midst of contract negotiations (he said so himself a few months back) and he will soon be released from his contract like Ngannou (who is the first fighter to really break out from his contract and make crazy boxing money). He has two fights left and the UFC is forcing Conor to fight Chandler only because they want Chandler to be the guy with the hype behind him. (They even tried to make a TUF fight with both of them). They probably offered Conor a shitty contract extension and said sign this or we will make you wait to fight. For a long time Conor was begging for a fight (the past year he was constantly saying this himself) but the UFC was not giving him anything trying to stall his comeback in order to get him to sign a new contract like they did Francis. Conor wants ownership like he’s said many times in the past or a bigger cut of the enormous money he is generating the UFC. Conor doesn’t care about money as much as other fighters cause he’s not broke… he can afford to go toe to toe with the UFC.

I don’t think Conor wanted to actually fight Chandler because that plays into the UFC’s hand. He waited for the UFC to promote him and push for this fight and probably asked for more money after seeing the record gate he and Chandler were set to break. They probably offered him more money when Dana flew out to see him a few weeks ago but he probably asked for more again for which they finally said no and Conor said thx for the free promo and said he’s injured. Remember the UFC pulled all Conor and fight promo a few weeks back when he cancelled the press conference?

This is why Chandler is now taking a dig at Conor by saying he is the most reliable fighter. He’s trying to piss him off… because if they were seeing eye to eye , he the UFC and Conor, he wouldn’t make that kind of comment when they are all supposed to be working together.

Conor is playing the UFC like no one else has played them before and they can’t do shit about it cause he literally makes them the most money. He’s copying what Ngannou did .. waiting out his contract. He’s not really “injured” although his leg is probably not in the best condition (I mean …. He fucking broke that shit). He just wants more money… and if they won’t give him more money he keeps playing them by accepting the fights, getting free promo, and then saying he’s injured and pulling out. Why would he fight in MMA when he could potentially lose to Chandler and people see his leg is not working the same when he can do a boxing match which will make him more money with less risk to him and his brand? He won’t lose any money if he doesn’t fight because his eventual boxing purse will make enough money to cover any fights he would miss in the UFC.

TLDR;

Conor will never fight for the UFC again. He’s part owner of BKFC… his next fight will be in BKFC or he will do a boxing match next like Ngannou. He’s not actually injured so bad he can’t fight. He is just playing the UFC for free promo. He’s literally juicing the UFC for free promo because he’s done in the MMA world (last win before Cerrone was 6 years ago!).

Last edited:
Or… he’s injured. Not a fan of his antics out the cage but Conor doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to not stick to his words or to try and deceive Dana/UFC

Back