• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 300 is 4 days after end of ramadan

kahymo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
so the bets are open

where are Makachev and Khamzat standing??

they could both fight on the card

i expect that they will annouce

Makachev vs Leon Edwards
which is an amazing fight and a test for both

All the good LW matchups are already scheduled to fight since Mak couldn't do anything after taking so much damage in that Volk fight so what does it matter at this point?

Not being able to eat or drink during the day makes it close to impossible to train for a whole month prior to a fight especially a world championship one.
That's kind of called cutting weight though.

I think Muslims can skip Ramadan but they have to make it up after??

The fifa world cup has happened during Ramadan before and the Arab countries managed ok. He could do it if he wanted to
World cup players weren't trying to GAIN weight while fasting. How many of the muslim players gained 15 lbs during the world cup?

World cup players weren't trying to GAIN weight while fasting. How many of the muslim players gained 15 lbs during the world cup?
You can defer the fasting to another time, the Saudis did

How many fighters try to gain weight while cutting weight for fights? Wtf.

I think Muslims can skip Ramadan but they have to make it up after??
From what I understand, you must have a valid reason. Sickness and the like. And then any missed days must be made up by fasting or I guess donations to the needy depending on who you ask.

Although this is interesting:

If you intentionally skip ramadan without a valid reason, you must fast for 60 days or feed 60 needy people.

But I'm sure it matters on what your specific beliefs are because it's a minefield from country to country...I'm sure skipping Ramadan is still frowned upon even if you atone for it or what-have-you

so the bets are open

where are Makachev and Khamzat standing??

they could both fight on the card

i expect that they will annouce

Makachev vs Leon Edwards
which is an amazing fight and a test for both

Muslims do not eat or drink in the daylight hours during Ramadan. If it were only food it would be more reasonable but think of doing a training camp without being able to drink water. Try going to the gym and abstaining from water for the day, then maybe you'll understand.

Even at 170 Islam will be cutting weight not gaining it. He naturally weighs over that.
Leon weighs over 190 lbs on fight night. Yeah, Islam starts his cut from like 173-175 when he's not fasting and not drinking water during his camp, and would be quite a bit smaller if his camp was during ramadan. Why on earth would he agree to waste his only opportunity at winning a 2nd belt on fighting at a 20 lb weight disadvantage and being drained for most of the camp?

Back