• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

I felt like alex won every rd except maybe the 4th for what it's worth. He outworked him. Clear cut...I can't believe some ppl really think max won that. I know u dont think that, js
Dan Hardy has a great breakdown on the fight and discusses how Max in round 1 doesnt do much just learns. In round 2 he starts to test and rounds 3-4-5 he takes over. 2 judges gave the last 2 rounds to Max so that counts for something.

Now that Max knows his opponent he doesnt have to learn and doesnt have to test as MUCH so in theory he should start way faster. All max has to do is win one more round out of 3 and he wouldnt have lost his belt. At +180 odds I'm taking that all day long. GL on your bet though one of us will be wrong that much is certain!

tenor.gif

{<jordan}

I felt like alex won every rd except maybe the 4th for what it's worth. He outworked him. Clear cut...I can't believe some ppl really think max won that. I know u dont think that, js
I watched the fight yesterday and let's just say i wouldn't play volk at his current price.

Fight was more uneventful than i remembered. first round and fourth were really up for grabs. Max looked as uninterested as moose lol. Volk did great with the leg kicks but not much else, had a bit of luck.

Not really interested in this one, at least so soon.

Volk won the fight all day. Tbh I dont even care about the scoring although imo Max did win at least one round. I think Max's issue was he just started so slow. It's like he employed the same game plan he did vs Aldo waiting for him to blow his wad.

I think max is gonna come out and make this a fire fight. He knows Volk cant take him down and if he doesnt he wont hold him there.

Volk won the fight all day. Tbh I dont even care about the scoring although imo Max did win at least one round. I think Max's issue was he just started so slow. It's like he employed the same game plan he did vs Aldo waiting for him to blow his wad.

I think max is gonna come out and make this a fire fight. He knows Volk cant take him down and if he doesnt he wont hold him there.

The issue with Max making it a firefight is the same issue he had with Dustin in that he's at a severe power disadvantage.

I've been a fan of Max forever but I don't think he can hurt Volk and that's a big problem. It's not that Max can't win , he can. But his margin of error is just a lot smaller than he's has in most of his previous fights.

The issue with Max making it a firefight is the same issue he had with Dustin in that he's at a severe power disadvantage.

I've been a fan of Max forever but I don't think he can hurt Volk and that's a big problem. It's not that Max can't win , he can. But his margin of error is just a lot smaller than he's has in most of his previous fights.

100% agree with you although I think Dustin has more boxing power than Volk but maybe it's close.

Either way I agree with everything everyone is saying about Volk in here I just thjnk +185 is stupid good value for max

Anyone’s site have odds yet for Usman/Masvidal?Mine doesn’t :( they haven’t even given me my money back that I had originally put on Usman vs Burns

got $1000 on usman at 1.44

That converts to -227 then? That’s not bad. I’ll put $50 on Usman it I’m in the -230 to 240 range.

That’s surprising, late notice and as dominate as Usman has looked I’ve been expecting -350 or -400 odds.

Any man can be knocked out. The idea that Holloway doesn’t have power is absurd. Where did this narrative come from? Did you not see Ortega’s face?

if Max starts piling it on early and often he can get a finish of his own.

not saying he’s gonna one shot him but a death by a thousand cuts kinda stoppage is not out of the realm of possibility

Any man can be knocked out. The idea that Holloway doesn’t have power is absurd. Where did this narrative come from? Did you not see Ortega’s face?

if Max starts piling it on early and often he can get a finish of his own.

not saying he’s gonna one shot him but a death by a thousand cuts kinda stoppage is not out of the realm of possibility
Roughly +162 for Fight not to go the distance is decent

I think the big question in the Masvidal/ Usman fight is will Usman grapple. He didn't at all in the Colby fight, albeit against one of the best wrestlers in the division. There was obviously bad blood, did that factor in? There's definitely bad blood with these two as well. If I had to guess, I think he will try and put Masvidal on his back at some point, especially if he's getting lit up. But Masvidal is also no slouch on the ground. I think if the Usman line keeps climbing, I may bet Masvidal.

I think the big question in the Masvidal/ Usman fight is will Usman grapple. He didn't at all in the Colby fight, albeit against one of the best wrestlers in the division. There was obviously bad blood, did that factor in? There's definitely bad blood with these two as well. If I had to guess, I think he will try and put Masvidal on his back at some point, especially if he's getting lit up. But Masvidal is also no slouch on the ground. I think if the Usman line keeps climbing, I may bet Masvidal.
I wonder what the KO prop will be. Might sprinkle.

Back