UFC 247 Jones vs Reyes

Giles is a good line at -135 imo. Clear PTV utilising TDs and control on the ground to mitigate the kicks. Arroyo has power and size, but doesn't have much TDD or urgency to get things standing again. Giles does gameplan each fight. I think that his last 2 losses, which he was arguably winning till he lost, has narrowed the line more than it should be. I don't think Arroyo's game is well rounded enough for the UFC, relying too much on hard leg kicks with little setup and brute force.

Last edited:
Liking dog Martinez. Ewell's a gigantic liability in any form of grappling exchange, doesn't like pressure and doesn't deal well with kicks.

Also I think current Volkan beats Jones

Anything can happen. To pick an outright winner at even money of course I would pick JJ by a large margin.

In terms of capping I suspect the line would be Jones -400 and Volkan +390.

Last edited:
Reyes I have already played small. Big powerful boxer with wrestling background and power? If Jones is going to lose its now or never I feel.
Glad to see I'm not the only one small on Reyes, I feel like his size, power, and boxing could trouble Jones. I think he fires well moving backwards and could catch Jones entering, but Bones maintains distance well so I'm not putting much there.

The trouble with betting Jon Jones is gauging how motivated he is.
Against dc and Gus, highly motivated

smith and santos, disinterested.

he had something to prove against dc and Gus, avenging a fight many thought he may have lost and the other a grudge match.

you just have to wonder if he’s going to have another lackluster performance against a highly motivated younger Lion.

Reyes showed he doesn’t exactly have 5 round cardio, but if bones isn’t pushing any kind of pace he could stick around pretty easily

if I’m Reyes I am attacking the legs. No doubt about it.

Jones always has that wrestling in his back pocket, which would make me very hesitant to bet against him in this situation.

I thought Santos was a very dangerous fight for him, and that he would want to exploit Santos weakness on the ground. But he didn’t, even after his leg was compromised he still didn’t look for the takedown.

Not sure if this was because he was worried about Santos explosive counters or what. Reyes doesn’t have that same speed and power. I don’t see him being much better than smith overall and I question whether he will be able to win rounds vs bones

The trouble with betting Jon Jones is gauging how motivated he is.
Against dc and Gus, highly motivated

smith and santos, disinterested.

he had something to prove against dc and Gus, avenging a fight many thought he may have lost and the other a grudge match.

you just have to wonder if he’s going to have another lackluster performance against a highly motivated younger Lion.

Reyes showed he doesn’t exactly have 5 round cardio, but if bones isn’t pushing any kind of pace he could stick around pretty easily

if I’m Reyes I am attacking the legs. No doubt about it.

Jones always has that wrestling in his back pocket, which would make me very hesitant to bet against him in this situation.

I thought Santos was a very dangerous fight for him, and that he would want to exploit Santos weakness on the ground. But he didn’t, even after his leg was compromised he still didn’t look for the takedown.

Not sure if this was because he was worried about Santos explosive counters or what. Reyes doesn’t have that same speed and power. I don’t see him being much better than smith overall and I question whether he will be able to win rounds vs bones

I totally agree. I just want to add that I think it is insane that Jones can cruise to decision against most of the division and be disinterested. It just shows how good Jones really is. He is the best in the game at controlling distance and keeping the fight at his pace. I don't think anyone will beat him fighting traditionally. It will need to be a pressure fighter that really makes Jones uncomfortable.

Jones is on a decline and you are bum bettor/analyst if you haven't noticed it. Last time he looked good was the Cormier rematch. Looked garbage in the Gus rematch but Gus was even more washed up so it didn't matter.

He'll lose soon. It's just a matter of time. I'm sure if you bet against Jones in his next 4 fights you come out with a profit assuming he at least +350 favorite every time. I don't see him lasting long. He has been un the UFC for 12 years. His time will come too nobody is safe in this sport.

What else can I say is that don't put him in parlays.

Not gonna fade Bones now. Waiting for mah boi Volkan to take him out. Hes a Dog and i ride with my dogs to the end.

Jones is on a decline and you are bum bettor/analyst if you haven't noticed it. Last time he looked good was the Cormier rematch. Looked garbage in the Gus rematch but Gus was even more washed up so it didn't matter.

He'll lose soon. It's just a matter of time. I'm sure if you bet against Jones in his next 4 fights you come out with a profit assuming he at least +350 favorite every time. I don't see him lasting long. He has been un the UFC for 12 years. His time will come too nobody is safe in this sport.

What else can I say is that don't put him in parlays.

jon Jones is 32.

if you bet on jones in his next four fights you will be at a profit.

whose beating him in the division? Reyes? Volkan? He’s cleaned it out.

What exactly has declined?

jon Jones is 32.

1)Reyes

2) I would straight up favor Corey against Jones right now.

3) healthy Thiago Santos in a rematch

4) Ankalaev (if he keeps improving)

jon Jones is 32.

Listen you bum bettor slash analyst !!

Just SMH....Jones is so far ahead skill wise it isn't funny. I can't see him losing till he's 38 or so.

I love this passive-aggressive behavior we got going on here lol

Just SMH....Jones is so far ahead skill wise it isn't funny. I can't see him losing till he's 38 or so.
So far ahead in skill that he barely beats dude on one feet by split decision.. ok :)

I think Jones will lose before he retires as well but it's probably not gonna be Reyes who does it.

The biggest weakness in Reyes is his gas tank, his output drops after around and he just becomes a lot less dangerous.

So far ahead in skill that he barely beats dude on one feet by split decision.. ok :)
You act like Thiago was injured before the fight....Sure it may have played out differently but it didn't. IMO Thiago Santos was the only guy that had a chance against Jones, and he's out till 2021 with a wrecked knee.

You act like Thiago was injured before the fight....Sure it may have played out differently but it didn't. IMO Thiago Santos was the only guy that had a chance against Jones, and he's out till 2021 with a wrecked knee.
Seemed like Santos leg went out early in the fight and Jones is criticized for not capitalizing better. Bit of an arm chair opinion but I can't tell if it's risk management or he is a little gunshy. Either way I think the prospect are catching up.

Back